Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I vape at 12 mg Nic also, I never saw a need to drop it any more than that. If some time 15 years from now I find my self running low, I will think about it, but right now I like my 12 mg. I don't do the sub OHM thing though, I am still using coils around 2 OHM's I don't need to go any lower. :)

KAS
I've been at 6mg/ml for maybe a year and a half, last night I mixed up a 100 ml batch at 8 mg/ml, I want to see if I vape less with a slightly higher nic. At some point I want to do a personal experiment, and mix up some 24 or 30 mg/ml, and try to only take a puff or three when I really feel an urge. I want to see if a higher nic will satisfy the urges with less puffs of vapor being inhaled. I have some concern that the 35 years of smoking has left me with some degree of COPD.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I vape at 12 mg Nic also, I never saw a need to drop it any more than that. If some time 15 years from now I find my self running low, I will think about it, but right now I like my 12 mg. I don't do the sub OHM thing though, I am still using coils around 2 OHM's I don't need to go any lower. :)

KAS
Me too!

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
14291863_1276441299034221_5713204613508623608_n.jpg

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
In the second link you posted, which seemed pretty dated, the author claimed that perhaps 50% of the nic in e-liquid would be delivered into the vapor, that does not imply that a user would receive that 50%, only that is is available to be inhaled. Even if your guesstimate of 75-80% nicotine delivery is accurate with the newer gen gear, that again would be how much nicotine is in the vapor, which has much larger size droplets than smoke particles. From all that I have read, vaping is still a less efficient means of getting nicotine into the bloodstream than smoking. It is going to take some time and some real unbiased research before we see any real world numbers for what type of of nicotine uptake the user experiences and with which what type of delivery devices, wattage's, heck, maybe even pg/vg ratios will affect this nicotine uptake. So no, I don't believe that users are taking in more nicotine by vaping than by smoking, most of the nicotine never makes it into the bloodstream.

I can't remember if I read 80% or someone told me. I been trying to find something on the webs about it.
Most the studies I do find were done using :censored:, let me just say they were't using state of the art mods. :facepalm:
This is a quote from one of the articles I read from 2012,
(On an average, 50%–60% of nicotine from a cartridge was vaporized.)
Nicotine Levels in Electronic Cigarettes

Cartridge :laugh::facepalm:
I have to believe if they were getting 50% from a cartridge I am getting over 80% from my SubOhm tanks or dripping. :laugh:

And I found this post from 2012.
Tobacco cigarette vs e-cigarette nicotine equivalency
It seems like 2012 was the year people actually tried to do research on vaping. :laugh:
Now a days they just make up negative stuff. :-x
We seen how the US treats vaping and the research done, But a person can find some good articles from the UK.
10 common questions about e-cigarettes answered

Why can't they just program a breathalyzer to test for Nic instead of alcohol, and blow a cloud in it? :blink:

Last edited:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Side Note:
When talking about Nic consumption there are some major difference between Cigs and E-cigs.
The heat source for one.
But the Nic from a cig is inhaled to the lungs and with Vapor, the Nic is absorbed, mostly in the mouth.
If you can find a person that both smoked and chewed tobacco, I'd bet that they would tell you that the chewing tobacco gave them more Nic.
At least that's what I read. :laugh:
So I would think that Vaping would compare better to Chewing tobacco than it would to smoking tobacco.

It's hard to find any data on Nic & Vaping. Most sites want to explain the percentage in e-liquid and not in the actual vapor that's inhaled or exhaled.
So to try to figure stuff out, I went to Tobacco, Herbs, and Medication sites.
I look for articles and post on the differences and benefits between inhalation, absorption and ingestion.
From what I read, and for the purpose of what we're talking about, Absorption through the mouth is the fastest an more powerful way to get Nic.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I can't remember if I read 80% or someone told me. I been trying to find something on the webs about it.
Most the studies I do find were done using :censored:, let me just say they were't using state of the art mods. :facepalm:
This is a quote from one of the articles I read from 2012,
(On an average, 50%–60% of nicotine from a cartridge was vaporized.)
Nicotine Levels in Electronic Cigarettes

Cartridge :laugh::facepalm:
I have to believe if they were getting 50% from a cartridge I am getting over 80% from my SubOhm tanks or dripping. :laugh:

And I found this post from 2012.
Tobacco cigarette vs e-cigarette nicotine equivalency
It seems like 2012 was the year people actually tried to do research on vaping. :laugh:
Now a days they just make up negative stuff. :-x
We seen how the US treats vaping and the research done, But a person can find some good articles from the UK.
10 common questions about e-cigarettes answered

Why can't they just program a breathalyzer to test for Nic instead of alcohol, and blow a cloud in it? :blink:
I think part of the problem with measuring the nic from an exhale is that the droplets start to condense out right away as we inhale them, that coupled with how vastly different each person inhales, holds, and expels the vapor, the dosage from one person to another will be varying quite a bit.

There was a study I saw a video on of some Brittish smokers that they were testing quit methods on. They were each given a setup to try and switch to vaping for like a month. The part that relates here is they were doing blood analyses on the test subject, and looking at the nicotine or cotinine levels of them. Maybe a better way to study it is to look at blood samples before vaping, and then check them at intervals of time afterwards to measure the amount that each person actually has in their blood with different types of setups.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I think part of the problem with measuring the nic from an exhale is that the droplets start to condense out right away as we inhale them, that coupled with how vastly different each person inhales, holds, and expels the vapor, the dosage from one person to another will be varying quite a bit.

There was a study I saw a video on of some Brittish smokers that they were testing quit methods on. They were each given a setup to try and switch to vaping for like a month. The part that relates here is they were doing blood analyses on the test subject, and looking at the nicotine or cotinine levels of them. Maybe a better way to study it is to look at blood samples before vaping, and then check them at intervals of time afterwards to measure the amount that each person actually has in their blood with different types of setups.
I just want to know how much Nic is in the Clouds, it's all about the Clouds :blink:

giphy.gif

If they can figure out that a person is getting less than 1mg per cig then they should be able to tell what a person gets from vaping. :?:

giphy.gif

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I just want to know how much Nic is in the Clouds, it's all about the Clouds :blink:

giphy.gif

If they can figure out that a person is getting less than 1mg per cig then they should be able to tell what a person gets from vaping. :?:

giphy.gif

Yeah, but with vaping you got folks like me MTL'ing with 1.8Ω coils at 6.5-7.5 watts up to people at 75+ watts direct lung inhaling. You got folks using factory coils with skinny wire coils all the way up to alien clapton stapled barbed wire triple twisted messes coils. :lol:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I thought it was all about that base:confused::unsure:

or is that bass ?

It's always about the bass. Coolest instrument and chicks dig it. :cool: Guitarists and singers are stinky poopie heads. And don't even get me started on drummers...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread