Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Lol...visited Germany in the 90s....I am still amused by "aus farht" and "ein farht"...but then I am easily amused. I swear the Swedish guys at our company (who I adore btw) are secretly "yurgin schplurgining" about the next major infrastructure upgrade right now as I type.

Sorry that I keep calling Deutschland, Denmark. I have it now. My gran was Danish but she was obviously born before the tlds...Hehe...otherwise it would have been drilled in.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Have a Deutsch with your coffee? Nah Danish sounds better...LOL

So you heard if Provape will be flashing these things down to .3Ω yet?

I'm getting tired of all this mod swapping...well not really...LOL

Funny I still am amused that Provape finally gave into the VW thing....OCE sent this to me way over a year ago...

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I think it's so amusing having an electrical engineering degree and the knowledge I have applied to the vaping industry...VW is an alogarithmic equation of the voltage,nothing more, nothing less....OHHH OHHH I have a VW mod...OHHHH OHHHH....

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
That is the way I am understanding it also, I think I will ask on the call to action thread where it says DIY is criminal.

KAS

Here is the reply from Hoosier for my question about DIY being criminal

Producing liquid and receiving liquid, there is no exception for DIY. If the liquid is intended to be used in a vape pen, it qualifies as manufacturing.

You need to look for it saying that DIY is NOT included like beer production, tobacco growing and use, and wine making.

Class A infraction for the production of juice without a permit and compliance.

Class C for receiving liquid from a non-permitted manufacturer. (Sharing with a friend)

I can see their point. We shouldn't "manufacture" for ourselves, for our own use..SMH! Since when is the word "YOURSELF" become manufacturer? And I don't use a vape pen, I use a mod.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Morning Chief!
Waving_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

Reactions: FringeChief68

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Hey Chief, did I see somewhere that you got attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis?
Kas this may apply to all in your state too.
You too Chris
fancy description of a screw
Hey Stew :) Sorry I missed you here yesterday :(

Reactions: Stewbacca

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I can see their point. We shouldn't "manufacture" for ourselves, for our own use..SMH! Since when is the word "YOURSELF" become manufacturer? And I don't use a vape pen, I use a mod.

Personally, I don't see mixing and manufacturing as the same thing. If I lived in IN, I'd just continue doing what I do, and not give anything I created away.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

I honestly have never heard of a vape pen, a cigalike yes!, but I never heard of that term. Well the only thing I would need to stock up on is VG, and PG, I found this link on another thread, glyCUBE: Essential Depot
That should last a while, then there is flavorings, which I guess you can't really buy in bulk and freeze, although I would like to figure out how to do it anyway.

KAS

Reactions: AngiBe

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I honestly have never heard of a vape pen, a cigalike yes!, but I never heard of that term. Well the only thing I would need to stock up on is VG, and PG, I found this link on another thread, glyCUBE: Essential Depot
That should last a while, then there is flavorings, which I guess you can't really buy in bulk and freeze, although I would like to figure out how to do it anyway.

KAS

Kas,

Flavoring cannot be frozen as it will change the basic chemical composition, thus loss of flavor. Flavors will last years if kept in a cool place in your home, out of direct sunlight.

Unless you were able to vacuum pack the liquid before freezing, and it has been proven that this is no easy task.

Just keep them cool and in the closet...works for me...

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Kas,

Flavoring cannot be frozen as it will change the basic chemical composition, thus loss of flavor. Flavors will last years if kept in a cool place in your home, out of direct sunlight.

Unless you were able to vacuum pack the liquid before freezing, and it has been proven that this is no easy task.

Just keep them cool and in the closet...works for me...

What about purging with argon or nitrogen, and refrigeration?

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
What about purging with argon or nitrogen, and refrigeration?

If you can obtain an oxygen free environment this is sufficient.

I can explain further but refrigeration can also degrade flavorings. Ideally 50 to 70 degrees in a dark place.
(It has to do with the chemical composition of flavorings..not extracts, extracts are a whole different animal).

Refrigeration as a means of preservation is based on slowing down the growth of bacteria; this is not an issue with flavorings as most are chemical compounds and do not contain any organic components.

I have flavors that are about 3 years old and have been kept as mentioned above and still taste as expected, and have not oxidized.

Naturally there has to be "something" capable of oxidizing to oxidize...

Reactions: kas122461
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread