The Provarinati Saloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
This is something I haven't even thought about yet...flying with the provari, tanks & juice. I can't imagine being on a business trip for a week or two without them.

I'm assuming carry-on is a complete no-go, can you even pack them? An unidentifiable liquid, battery operated 'trigger' device and kanthal wire & wick. Man if I were the TSA I'd probably torch the bag!!! :evil:

Would a cig-a-like like a G6 work for carry-on or pack in???

I've got some business trips to Dallas and Portland coming up :blink:

...and then, depression set in :(
Pick up a cheap, used, "beater" ProVari. Ship it to yourself at the hotel/business so it's waiting for you when you arrive :)

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
I traveled to Jamaica with two K100's on me, no problem. I'm taking all three mini's with me to MS, should be interesting. Maybe I'll have my husband wait around in case I don't make it through security!

Gotta get ready to attend an awards assembly for my grand kids, oh joy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
This is something I haven't even thought about yet...flying with the provari, tanks & juice. I can't imagine being on a business trip for a week or two without them.

I'm assuming carry-on is a complete no-go, can you even pack them? An unidentifiable liquid, battery operated 'trigger' device and kanthal wire & wick. Man if I were the TSA I'd probably torch the bag!!! :evil:

Traveling with a ProVari is no problem at all. I've done it many times.
Just make sure the tank is with the other liquids in a zip lock, and I always remove the battery from the tube. Never an issue within CONUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
This is an awesome idea ^^^^^^^^^^^. Just don't use USPS because it may finally arrive after you've already left your trip.

I've shipped my work laptop many times when traveling like that...of course, work will pay for me to overnight it :)

There is also the option of finding a vape shop in that town that you hit on the way from airport to hotel, and pick up a servicable setup (carto tank/MVP) etc...can be an excuse to buy more toys :)

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
They are not being made any more as far as I know, but I have seen them, and Google offers a few images:

monkey box.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I have flown a couple times with no trouble.
I WAS surprised, but they didn't even blink.
I had my ProVari, several tanks, and some juice - all in my carry-on laptop bag.
Juice was like triple-bagged small bottles - I don't remember, but that's the limit I'd look into.
I think it recently changed, but check the TSA for liquid - you may need to NOT bring a 15 or 30 ml bottle carryon.

But batteries, charger, stainless steel tubes - all were no problem!

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Last edited:

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Last edited:

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA

I travel fairly often and always take at least two Provari and two VV2 with me in my purse. I put most of the liquid in my carry on. I have never had a problem at all. Last week a TSA agent was out in the 'smoking' area vaping when I was, and we chatted about different devices and he said that they ususally recognize the ecigs as ecigs on the xray, so don't often need to check the bag.

I never remove tanks or batteries to go through security--never had a problem.

I have precheck, and have never had a problem going through security.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread