retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
This thread is for those of you that are using/trying/testing pod mods that are NOT rebuilding the coils. There are many who are looking at these systems, and most of the threads in this sub forum devolve into rebuilding, which defeats the purpose of why pod mods exist.

So for those of you that are using these systems and are not rebuilding, this is your thread.

Any mention of rebuilding in this thread will be immediately deleted.

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Well I'll start by saying I absolutely loved the Juul, with mint pods. Perfect draw and definitely satisfying. However, I didn't care for any of the other flavors that I tried (never tried mango). Mint would be perfectly fine, I really don't require variety, just so long as my addiction is satisfied. The problem I had was paying close to the same amount for pods as cigarettes. Just got the Phix today and am thoroughly enjoying it. Waiting on Spearmint and Strawberry pods to arrive to find my flavor, but the tobacco it comes with isn't bad at all. Loving everything else about it as well, and it's just as satisfying as the Juul. I may actually stick with this one if the pods last more than 2 days, as I've heard. That would be worth it to me. Also, even though im loving this and it may be my endgame, I think im still going to order a Twelve Juno because its only $10, and also because they have taken specific actions to eliminate juice escaping through the mouthpiece.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Woo, thanks! I don't mind the rebuilding talk too much but I totally support this thread! I don't even want to refill my pods most of the time, tbh.

My thing with the pods is that I want to use Nic salts. So that makes it a little hard since most, other than the Juul, come pre-filled with non-salt juice. I don't need a lot of variety either and I super enjoy the Mr. Salt E tobacco juice. So far the MyJet is working pretty decently but it doesn't hit as hard as the Eleaf Icare Solo, which actually vaped really nicely when it wasn't scalding my mouth with super hot juice. :( I'm wondering if maybe I didn't charge the MyJet long enough. Fingers crossed!

At some point I should just buy the Juul, but I know it's not the best value. I'm trying to figure out the math, though. I know the MyJet tanks are nearly twice as big as the Juul pods, but what if I don't refill them at all? What if I vape off them more because they're not as satisfying? The battery is cheaper up front but the juice is an up front and ongoing cost as well as the $15-20 for a 5pk of empty pods. Hm. Plus there's the convenience factor of being able to buy them anywhere with Juul.

I'll have to keep experimenting.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I pulled the trigger on a Cora over the weekend. Should have it in a day or so, and as soon as the e-liquid order shows up I'll be giving it a whirl. Going to use 45mg nic salts in the thing and use it as my "work rig".

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
United States
You haven't been following the threads in this forum, then. Many are rebuilding the pods.

Like it or not, pod systems are here to stay, and this forum is dedicated to those who are using them, or wish to use them. (That's a hint.)

Gonna need this post deleted, sir. ("Any mention of rebuilding in this thread will be immediately deleted.")

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Gonna need this post deleted, sir. ("Any mention of rebuilding in this thread will be immediately deleted.")

RVyPoeb.gif

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I pulled the trigger on a Cora over the weekend. Should have it in a day or so, and as soon as the e-liquid order shows up I'll be giving it a whirl. Going to use 45mg nic salts in the thing and use it as my "work rig".

I'm liking this little rig. It's not something I'd recommend for full time use, but for something small for out and about (or work), it's pretty decent.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Ok.. I think this is hilarious.... I noticed on My Von Earl that I can fire it like my mech mod. I was just playing around with it jokingly like a mech and it actually fired. I just have to hold and push on the bottom of the device (USB port) like it was the fire button. Might be the slight pressure of air, but you can just put your finger over it, then add a little pressure and it fires.
Can anyone else do this? Or is my MVE just messed up..

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Still suction activated though. Pretty sure the price is for a pack of 5, as the price for five is £9.99 in UK.

On the plus side, ive heard it vapes very good.
But you can't refill it up without it falling over and spilling juice.... check out the Phil Busardo review on it... Hilarious...the bottom of the mod is rounded and not flat!!!
If you buy the extra charger you can keep it upright in the dock.. but if you don't get the buy the dock the slightest "breeze" will knock it over when trying to refill. o_O

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
here's one for @Burnie- An Icare w/button. Only problem? One coil is $9.99!!
Aspire Breeze Kit
Aspire Breeze Replacement Coil
aspire_breeze_kit_1.jpg

If the coil lasted a month, yeah that may be affordable. But why support this type of stuff? How much was a VN and look at the cost of clearo tanks and coils now. Pffft
I think I'll pass. Was not impressed with the vape of the Icare, plus for a lot less I can get something that does work good. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread