The Pyrex SS hybrid Wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
I just got a call from Susan at Wilmad-LabGlass: Manufacturer of NMR and EPR consumables, accessories and lab glassware and equipment. She was very nice and concerned that there may be something odd going on today. They suddenly started getting lots of orders for small quantities and a lot of new users registering on their site.

I explained what was going on and sent her a link to this thread. She indicated that they are pleased with the orders and pleased to help us in our endeavors. Really nice talking to Susan and even more thrilled they keep a watch after their customers.

I ordered both the WG-1365-2.5A and 305-PS-7. With the folks so nice to work with we may just need to talk about the specs we might use best and they can help us out.

VaporMizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
... With the folks so nice to work with we may just need to talk about the specs we might use best and they can help us out.
I've been wondering if there was tubing or a bead or whatever with ribbing or threads or grooves on the O.D. to keep the windings in place and seperated...probably not necessary, but it might be cool.

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
I just got a call from Susan at Wilmad-LabGlass: Manufacturer of NMR and EPR consumables, accessories and lab glassware and equipment. She was very nice and concerned that there may be something odd going on today. They suddenly started getting lots of orders for small quantities and a lot of new users registering on their site.

I explained what was going on and sent her a link to this thread. She indicated that they are pleased with the orders and pleased to help us in our endeavors. Really nice talking to Susan and even more thrilled they keep a watch after their customers.

I ordered both the WG-1365-2.5A and 305-PS-7. With the folks so nice to work with we may just need to talk about the specs we might use best and they can help us out.

That is freakin hilarious. I bet they were scratchin their collective heads on that one. I attempted to order a piece, and the site said my registration would have to be verified before I could purchase and that they would shoot me an email. Got to weed out the shady creeps.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California

LMFAO that's amazing! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
New video of the shortened Pyrex tube to 15mm

Dan

So, does the wick get so hot that it keeps creating vapor after you quit hitting the button? Kind of looks like it just keeps going for a while?

Got to love the way it shoots the vapor though!

Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Dan after you've spent more time with it I'd be curious what you think, regarding its performance vs. naked ss mesh.

Even if it turns out to be an equal vape, I really like the idea of keeping the heating element away from the wick.

Great for those that are still diligently working on a case of pulmonary fibrosis with silica :)tongue:), great for those concerned about 'natural' fibers ending up in the lungs, great for those concerned about stray particles of oxide crap getting from mesh to lung, etc

Last edited:

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan

I am glad to read that they are positive with this..
I ordered some also after registering and waiting for the confirmation... Really like to try this it is very promising..
Thanks to Cyclotron for posting the original link..and Slopes for keeping things straight..
Thanks to Dan for sharing.. more to come..:)

Last edited:

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
What postage costs are you guys paying in the US? They stock these tubes here in the UK too - but the postage is around $16!! I'm thinking of ordering from the US supplier.

I just ordered a 7" section from Wilmad-LabGlass. UPS ground was $4 to my location.
FedEx was a bit cheaper, but they deliver later in the day, and I'm having it delivered to the shop I work at.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Dan after you've spent more time with it I'd be curious what you think, regarding its performance vs. naked ss mesh.

Even if it turns out to be an equal vape, I really like the idea of keeping the heating element away from the wick.

Great for those that are still diligently working on a case of pulmonary fibrosis with silica :)tongue:), great for those concerned about 'natural' fibers ending up in the lungs, great for those concerned about stray particles of oxide crap getting from mesh to lung, etc

I want to see if the juice still gets dark after a few days with the Pyrex.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
That is freakin hilarious. I bet they were scratchin their collective heads on that one. I attempted to order a piece, and the site said my registration would have to be verified before I could purchase and that they would shoot me an email. Got to weed out the shady creeps.
I went through the same thing. I bet their server is on overdrive. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread