The REACTOR Atomizer Tank!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjCaptainKiddo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
So, I got a little tired of waiting for the new tubes to come in. I lost one of my Reactors the other night and am totally bummed. That one had the only good atty left in it. LOL. Oh, well. I had some Boge XL single coil cartos laying around and decided to cut a tube to fit to the tank. It hits like a champ. Still going strong. This is a suggestion to anyone that has some Boges. Its like a wicked looking Cartomator. I am very pleased. This tube is poly propylene

. Carto.jpg

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Its almost scary how much I agree with his vaping comments and style...He did a review of the original dual coil atty version and I had to agree with most things he said then also...I thought the first version was more like an 801 because of the coil configuration, but Im not sure how many people agreed with me...

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Drew,

Next set of caps for the Reactor tanks could you maybe consider dual o-rings top and bottom please.
Hey Matt, there really isn't enough room to do that without adding length to the cap(decreasing juice volume also). With dual grooves, I would be forced to overlap inner and outer o-ring grooves, leaving a very thin wall between the inner and outer grooves. It would be too thin for me to feel comfortable with.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Cuse,

Couldn't you just increase the bottom part of caps 1/4" next run to accept a 2nd o-ring ? maybe the tubes 1/2" taller then too to make it all work ?,, The only reason I have asked is because I'm getting leakage, I can actually see the juice running past the single o-ring, and I dont think my o-rings are bad there new. I just thought it would be a bit snugger of a set up with the dual o-rings, if it cant be done then I get it though. Thanks, other then that my set up is running super, the single coil Atty has made a huge difference too, this set up works super for me thanks for you & Drew to be the one's to finally make an Atty tank work too :)

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Cuse,

Couldn't you just increase the bottom part of caps 1/4" next run to accept a 2nd o-ring ? maybe the tubes 1/2" taller then too to make it all work ?,, The only reason I have asked is because I'm getting leakage, I can actually see the juice running past the single o-ring, and I dont think my o-rings are bad there new. I just thought it would be a bit snugger of a set up with the dual o-rings, if it cant be done then I get it though. Thanks, other then that my set up is running super, the single coil Atty has made a huge difference too, this set up works super for me thanks for you & Drew to be the one's to finally make an Atty tank work too :)

Something else is going on there Matt. The bottom cap is taken from the current Cartomator and has proven itself for over a year and half and a few thousand caps now! I honestly can't think of a single case of that cap leaking due to a defect. Actually I've never seen a cap vary by more than a 3/1000". It always comes to a bad o-ring, a wonky tube or some combination of both. I've seen o-rings do fine with a chunk missing and yet others leak from a microscopic nick. It all depends.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Ya got ya Cuse, I'm using the new upgraded Tube with original caps but it's leaking, it did the same thing with the original Tube as well, so I dont know whats going on, I fill it and it just leaks. 2 different tubes, maybe I have defective o-rings, only thing it could be then Cuse,,, I'll have to get a hold of a new set of rings I guess and give that a whirl and see what happens, thanks for your reply.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Cuse,

I found the problem, there was 2 problems actually,,, when I removed the caps there where two different sized o-rings on the two caps, one bigger one smaller, there was an inner o-ring on the outer slot, so obviously that smaller o-ring wasn't big enough to make a seal,, then one of my inner o-rings was also bad, I have a bunch of o-rings here and found two the same as the stock inner and outer o-rings, replaced both and now its all good,,, thanks for the o-ring recommendation it was the fix :)

Last edited:

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Just purchased one of these bad boys. Really excited! I really hope I like it. I was a dripper for a while but when back to cartos as I couldn't take it.

I usually vape 555 from alien vision. Its really thick so I orded a 30ml bottle of pg 555 from drew. Im thinking about doing a mix of the 2.

Is 50/50 the best viscosity for these from people experience?

Also - I imagine this will not close on my darwin so I will just use it at home.

Drew - Any plans for a slimmer one that would close on a Darwin?

Thanks!

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I think you'll like it, mate :) There's a bit of a learning curve, so just stick with it and it'll be worth it. I find that my AVE juices are working quite well in it undiluted, though I occasionally have to give a few dry pulls or pop the top on and off, but not often. Somewhere around 50/50 does seem to be the perfect mix for it in my experience, though I still tend to flood a little bit at the very end of the tankfull

Are they selling with the single coil attys, now, or is yours coming with the dual coil? If the latter, definitely try the single coils at some point. Much better IMHO

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
I put in the comments to make sure its single coil 1.5

I think they are shipping with single but I wanted to make sure thats what they send me.

I ordered an extra single coil as well with the extra tank. Only 1 dollar more. Couldn't pass it up.

Also - About the learning curve.... I purchased a Bulli a few months ago and never did get it working properly. I was told it had a learning curve as well! If I like this tank I might sell the Bulli. It will make me feel better about spending the cash.

Sometimes I hate these forums... I get all excited and start buying a bunch of stuff. I saved a lot of money when I stopped coming here for a few months.

Last edited:

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Got my reactor tank on Friday! Only issue is my o-ring on the bottom is bad. Its leaking a lot.

Its coming through the o-ring and not the atomizer. Its so bad today as soon as I put liquid in, it starts running through. This is even without putting the cap on top so its not from the pressure. I have the bottom of they atty flush with bottom and not the air inlets. It starts leaking in about 5-10 secs of putting liquid in.

The atomizer itself works great though! I was pleasantly surprised. Managed to run a few tank fulls but had to keep a paper towel wrapped around the bottom.

I even took it apart and wiped it clean several times and it just runs through.

Drew - I will be grabbing a kick when you get them in, any possible way you could send me a new o-ring when I order it?

I need to get this thing up and running... I can see I'm really going to like it once I fix this issue.

Last edited:

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Well I pooped my 1st atty tonight, to be fair I was pounding it pretty hard, only the second atty I've ever blown.

It came in my 2nd tank, 1.5 ohm, and my 1st tank has always been flawless, the original atty is still rocking, knock on wood, 3 weeks later, the one tonight missed 2 weeks by about a day. This one was never right from the beginning though, when I filled for some reason if I had the tank at 3/4 or above it would leak like crazy, not bad bad, but a little drop or 2 here and there, until it got to about half full, it also didn't seem to feed as well, I had started to think it may have been an o ring issue, but then a couple of nights ago I noticed it went a little further into the tank than the one in my other tank.

Popped a new 2.5 ohm atty in there, filled it all the way up, this one is acting exactly like my other tank, the atty sits the same, and its feeding better, and no leaks.

I'm guessing now that atty was flawed from the start, lol, but it was never bad enough to piss me off or whatever.

Long story short, eh, I got 2 weeks out of it.....could be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread