• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The REAL Truth About Religion And Its Origins A MUST SEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

No ash More Cash

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
A Englishman in NJ
Not being a religious person myself I still find it very fascinating....This Video here is one of them fascinating parts of it that most people don't even know most of all the religious folk...I know this because when I bring it up to them in discussions they have no clue what I'm talking about...Enjoy!:pop:

Budared

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Budapest
Interesting stuff but not surprising.

I went to the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itsa a few years ago and on one of the older buildings there is a carving of a god's face that was designed around the constellation of stars that appear when it is time to plant the crops. On later buildings, the face becomes a full God with back story etc. You could see how it started as an easy and useful piece of information to tell people what time of year they should do something important, but then developed into a god that decided whether the community would have enough food that year. I do wonder if the bloke who originally designed it would have been surprised at how it later turned into an entity that needed people to worship and make sacrifices to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread