Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I have been spending some time with BWB RY4 and honestly this stuff to me is just not good, it is dull and burns me out after 2ml. I kinda of expected something really great from them and this was not it, maybe if it had some sweet and sour elements to it would have made it better but it has to be one of the worst RY4s I have ever tried...

Agreed. The new BW4 is a mediocre flavor at best. I was hoping that a long steep would help bring out some subtler notes, but after 2 months, it still tastes pretty much the same as it did on day one. Meh.

On a side note, I think the new BW4 would still make an excellent base for a new eJoker flavor. Those who may not be familiar with eJoker, it was RY4 with hot cinnamon and menthol added for a fire & ice effect. It worked really well, and nobody sells anything close. If BWB would bring that back, they would have a massive hit on their hands. :2c:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Has anyone discovered an RY4 that used to be mediocre but, with a new fancy sub tank, you've all of a sudden ....discovered a whole new juice???? Or had the reverse?? a favorite ry4 now made obsolete by same new tech Subtank???

I don't really vape RY4 much anymore, but the general idea that the taste of juices varies considerably across the spectrum of hardware seems sound to me. The juices from the past that were 70PG/30VG and formulated for low-wattage vaping (i.e., MTL tootie-puffing) are often not very tasty in high-wattage DTL vaping.

Among the reasons I "retired" from actively running this thread is my belief that we really need to go back and re-review every retail RY4 using the current generation of more powerful hardware, testing RY4s that were made with 20PG/80VG or maxVG bases and 3mg nic. (I can't imagine vaping a 12mg (or higher nic) RY4 at 80 watts in a Crown tank. That would rip your head off and taste terrible.)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I don't really vape RY4 much anymore, but the general idea that the taste of juices varies considerably across the spectrum of hardware seems sound to me. The juices from the past that were 70PG/30VG and formulated for low-wattage vaping (i.e., MTL tootie-puffing) are often not very tasty in high-wattage DTL vaping.

Among the reasons I "retired" from actively running this thread is my belief that we really need to go back and re-review every retail RY4 using the current generation of more powerful hardware, testing RY4s that were made with 20PG/80VG or maxVG bases and 3mg nic. (I can't imagine vaping a 12mg (or higher nic) RY4 at 80 watts in a Crown tank. That would rip your head off and taste terrible.)
I've enjoyed and appreciated all your comments on RY4s.
So, what are you vaping these days?

Reactions: pufZeppelin

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I've enjoyed and appreciated all your comments on RY4s.
So, what are you vaping these days?

Amazing how vaping has changed for me. I vaped RY4s for years (obviously); now it's rare and only in passing, and then almost always DIY RY4s from my stash of all-in-one RY4 flavorings, where I lean toward Hangsen and FlavourArt. I made real tobacco extracts for two years from pipe blends and cigars. At this point, I have 2 liters of homemade NET extracts just sitting in a drawer, because I no longer vape tobacco juices.

I've switched to high-wattage regulated mods (some TC, but I still prefer straight VW) and sub-ohm tanks (Crown, FreeMax Starre Pro, and Goliath RTAs). I'm not quite a cloud-chaser, per se, but I vape direct-to-lung exclusively now and produce substantial clouds. I started vaping five years ago at 24mg nic and am now down to 3mg, which is pretty much a necessity for higher-wattage vaping. I needed substantial throat hit in the early years, and I still appreciate a little nic buzz, but I could vape zero nic now if required and be pretty happy. I don't need to, though, since I have 5 liters of 100mg nic in my freezer, which should be enough to last me for the rest of my life.

I've always enjoyed bakery/dessert juices, and those currently hold sway in my vaping, but I've added fruits to the mix. I'm totally committed to DIY. I buy an occasional retail juice on sale when deeply discounted, but I use those mainly as templates for homemade DIY clones. I have some concerns about diketones, diacetyl, and such, so---given my fondness for creamy, custardy flavors---I'm glad to see Capella and TPA/TFA moving to eliminate those potentially harmful ingredients from their flavorings, or at least add new V2 and DX lines.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Amazing how vaping has changed for me. I vaped RY4s for years
At this point, I no longer vape tobacco juices.
I've switched to high-wattage regulated mods
I'm not quite a cloud-chaser, per se, but I vape direct-to-lung exclusively

I started vaping five years ago at 24mg nic and am now down to 3mg, which is pretty much a necessity for higher-wattage vaping.
I needed substantial throat hit in the early years, and I still appreciate a little nic buzz

I've always enjoyed bakery/dessert juices, and those currently hold sway in my vaping, but I've added fruits to the mix. I'm totally committed to DIY.
I buy an occasional retail juice on sale when deeply discounted

I have some concerns about diketones, diacetyl, and such, so---given my fondness for creamy, custardy flavors---
I'm glad to see Capella and TPA/TFA moving to eliminate those potentially harmful ingredients from their flavorings

hi Bill,
I've never posted in this thread, but have read the heck out of it...
just wanted to say THANX for it and your effort - (it makes me think)

as I look at the quote above, I'm not sure if you wrote it, or me... :D

Thanks again and Have a good New Year... ♫

:evil:

upload_2015-12-30_14-1-25.png

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Amazing how vaping has changed for me. I vaped RY4s for years (obviously); now it's rare and only in passing, and then almost always DIY RY4s from my stash of all-in-one RY4 flavorings, where I lean toward Hangsen and FlavourArt. I made real tobacco extracts for two years from pipe blends and cigars. At this point, I have 2 liters of homemade NET extracts just sitting in a drawer, because I no longer vape tobacco juices.

I've switched to high-wattage regulated mods (some TC, but I still prefer straight VW) and sub-ohm tanks (Crown, FreeMax Starre Pro, and Goliath RTAs). I'm not quite a cloud-chaser, per se, but I vape direct-to-lung exclusively now and produce substantial clouds. I started vaping five years ago at 24mg nic and am now down to 3mg, which is pretty much a necessity for higher-wattage vaping. I needed substantial throat hit in the early years, and I still appreciate a little nic buzz, but I could vape zero nic now if required and be pretty happy. I don't need to, though, since I have 5 liters of 100mg nic in my freezer, which should be enough to last me for the rest of my life.

I've always enjoyed bakery/dessert juices, and those currently hold sway in my vaping, but I've added fruits to the mix. I'm totally committed to DIY. I buy an occasional retail juice on sale when deeply discounted, but I use those mainly as templates for homemade DIY clones. I have some concerns about diketones, diacetyl, and such, so---given my fondness for creamy, custardy flavors---I'm glad to see Capella and TPA/TFA moving to eliminate those potentially harmful ingredients from their flavorings, or at least add new V2 and DX lines.
Thanks for your reply. Our paths are similar.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Wow. Heartland Vapes HY4. A perfect example of how things have changed for me.

Back in 2013, the owner of HV very kindly sent me a 250mg bottle of HV HY4 after I'd bought and positively reviewed a small sample bottle. Good stuff, as Cool and CL have written, but that was right at the end of my 24mg nic days, just before I started reducing my nic (not because I thought I should, but instead because I didn't need that much kick anymore). I gave away that huge 24mg bottle last year when I gifted/PIF'd my entire huge stash of high-nic retail RY4s.

I wonder how it would taste at 3mg nic, 20PG/80VG?

Reactions: pufZeppelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread