Status
Not open for further replies.

CraftyZA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
South Africa
www.fdev.co.za
I had a bunch of janty ry4 pre filled carts from 2006/7 about.
Nothing on the current market comes close. The ceo of hangseng claims that hs ry4 is the real deal, but it is not.
I stripped those carts i had, and wrapped 1 ohm coils at 7 watts. This was purely to get flavor.
With the flavor in my mouth, i would start mixing, and never came close.
1 ingredient i am sure of is dulce de leche.
It gives those dark under tones that does not come from the tobacco.
Dk tobacco is my preferred base when nixing for ry4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I went to the Backwoods Brew website and could not find BWB4. I thought they were selling it as a replacement for the long discontinued BWB RY4?
It was on the BWB site at one time, but seems there was some kind of family riff about it, at least that's the way it looked to me, I have no inside knowledge of the situation. Now, the same liquid is on the Backwoods Blends website listed simply as "RY4". It has been verified by Deana to be the same formulation as BW4.

mattymatt82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Kansas City
It was on the BWB site at one time, but seems there was some kind of family riff about it, at least that's the way it looked to me, I have no inside knowledge of the situation. Now, the same liquid is on the Backwoods Blends website listed simply as "RY4". It has been verified by Deana to be the same formulation as BW4.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Reactions: bacc.vap

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Playing around with FA's RY4 but it's missing something, and it's not the MTS Wizard

Tamer,

Yes, even the best of the all-in-one DIY RY4 retail flavorings I've ever tried (and I've tried most of them) are "missing something."

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
AP (Acetyl Pyrazine) is often added in small percentages (1-1.5%) when mixing TFA RY4 Double.

AP adds roasted, nutty, bready and yeasty notes, with popcorn and corn chip nuances. I can imagine that it might help add body to just about any of the all-in-one retail RY4 flavorings.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Hi clnire :) how are you doing? I use 5% and I am considering trying 4%
I am good. Looking forward to the Nuppins!

Thanks! I seem to recall that is what Bill recommended long ago. I need to play with my flavorings and get a few locked in. The Dulce sounds interesting.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I am good. Looking forward to the Nuppins!

Thanks! I seem to recall that is what Bill recommended long ago. I need to play with my flavorings and get a few locked in. The Dulce sounds interesting.
it mellows down the harshness of the FA RY4 (which I find a bit harsh) but you should be careful because Dulce tends to overpower other flavors..so start small (0.5-1%)..and I found FA's RY4 needs more steeping than TFA's RY4 Double

Reactions: clnire

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
it mellows down the harshness of the FA RY4 (which I find a bit harsh) but you should be careful because Dulce tends to overpower other flavors..so start small (0.5-1%)..and I found FA's RY4 needs more steeping than TFA's RY4 Double
That sounds like a nice combination. Which vendor's Dulce are you using?

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
And on another topic.
I really have come to dislike AP.
Unless I'm mistaken, it comes across quite strongly in many Ry4s, and it really turns me off. Halo Tribeca, Mr E Liquids come to mind. Perhaps I'm tasting something else.

NY,

If you can taste AP in your mixes, don't like it, and recognize a similar telltale effect in retail eliquids, then you're right. Doesn't matter if someone else has a different (meaning more positive or neutral) experience with AP. We all taste what we taste. I don't mean to pretentiously stand on a podium and spout "great truths of vaping." It's just that this one is so relevant so often for so many of us.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
NY,

If you can taste AP in your mixes, don't like it, and recognize a similar telltale effect in retail eliquids, then you're right. Doesn't matter if someone else has a different (meaning more positive or neutral) experience with AP. We all taste what we taste. I don't mean to pretentiously stand on a podium and spout "great truths of vaping." It's just that this one is so relevant so often for so many of us.
Oh yes, absolutely. (And BTW, thanks for your insights over the years.)
My comment wasn't meant as anything more than just a comment on taste.
It's curious to me how my vaping tastes have and continue to change.
For example: the Halo Tribeca, which I mentioned as one of those in which I taste and dislike the AP. (And, for all I know, someone may very well tell me it has no AP at all!) It was the one and only juice which got me off cigs, and which I thoroughly loved for months. Now, it truly doesn't do it for me. I wish it would, as I'd like to support Halo by buying some juice for their legal efforts against the FDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread