The reason why Blu cigs have problems, and how to alleviate them as a user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

laidbak101

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
California
You can use the Sidesho atty from ModernVapor, but you must use a Sidesho cart with it.

Good news is that the Sidesho cart can be bought in blanks (Blu cannot, you must recycle those more expensive pre-filled ones) and they hold a lot more juice than the Blu does also.

If you go that route, be sure to use the 25% off discount code posted in their forum!

Yes that rite now is my first choice and maby one 510 atty people say those fit as well.. but rite now its mainly the sidesho or somthing like it.. J108 rite?

xfuryxstriker

Sep 15, 2009
Monterey
So what exactly do you make of the large number of posts on this forum saying that slow and steady fails to produce any vapor past a few puffs for them? It seems to be a serious complaint of many people that "slow and steady" does not solve, causing many to give up on the device all together.

You're not backing up anything you say with anything, and yet act like you're more right because you've owned the device longer. I assure you that heating elements are not new technology.
i think you just mad that your blu doesnt work the way everyone elses does...collapsing a lung doesnt work for me either...

i also think the use "proof" is word far too used in this because for there to be REAL proof it would have to be a study of approx 100 people all on various blu devices considering parts may older/newer or some may just be may incorrectly (from the design at least)

but what do i know, i only smoked for 12 years at an average of a pack a day, and find no problems with my device

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Yes that rite now is my first choice and maby one 510 atty people say those fit as well.. but rite now its mainly the sidesho or somthing like it.. J108 rite?

Just remember that the 510 is a different diameter. It works, just looks crappy. The Sidesho is a perfect match.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Only so much will flow through a given orifice( hole) size. When you reach that volume, it's called a critical orifce because it's now a limiting factor.
I've had many a battery apart, including blu. They sense their "on" state not from pressure but from the hissing sound. It has a small microphone behind the battery connector. You have to just draw hard enough for it to "hear" you.
Cutoff time? Its the same as long as the draw is constant. It will vary if you pause draws allowing the LED to go off. It has a timer in the circuit that will only run a given time when started if its not stopped. Harder sucking does nothing. Sorry.

My mini pipe and DSE601 pipe are diff. They have an actual pressure switch with a silicone membrane. When this type hits cutoff you can trick by back puffing( a light blow in the mouthpiece) and it resets the cutoff time.

The metal foam used in attys differ. Some wick well so thicker fluids work well and thin fluids flood them. Others don't and wick poorly on thicker fluid but thin liquids work fine.

All you can really do is adjust the viscosity for the best fog/draw combo for you. Add PG or alcohol (grain) not rubbing or denatured to thin and VG to thicken.

That about covers it.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Okay, so I'm sitting at work waiting for a 45-minute software install to creep along, and I figured I'd document my results with using slow and fast draws on the blu. There's an 11 MB video here. The first two draws are slow and steady, as I've always found to work. The second two are fast and hard and don't result in much.

This is with a cart that's nearly empty, by the way; the cart stuffing is damp, but there's no liquid actually pooled at the bottom of the cart at all. (Been vaping this one most of the morning.)

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Okay, so I'm sitting at work waiting for a 45-minute software install to creep along, and I figured I'd document my results with using slow and fast draws on the blu. There's an 11 MB video here. The first two draws are slow and steady, as I've always found to work. The second two are fast and hard and don't result in much.

This is with a cart that's nearly empty, by the way; the cart stuffing is damp, but there's no liquid actually pooled at the bottom of the cart at all. (Been vaping this one most of the morning.)

Aww hell man, don't provide PROOF, it debunks n00b theories every time.

Don't you know better? ;)

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I've had many a battery apart, including blu. They sense their "on" state not from pressure but from the hissing sound. It has a small microphone behind the battery connector. You have to just draw hard enough for it to "hear" you.

That's interesting, when did you do this? I just wonder if this changed at some point, because people always complain about not being able to take the blu into clubs because the loud music triggers the battery, but I've NEVER had this problem. I can hold my blu up in front of the amps right at the front of the stage (and have done so) and they don't trigger. Maybe they switched to-- or from-- pressure switches at some time? I got my kit in early July.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Well, my initial Blu kit and a few parts are all I ever purchased before moving on. I still like it though. The carrying case was great. I made a double cart. Much better that way.

Now, you do bring up a point. I bought mine at the end of May. They did talk of changes and the "New Blu" coming out. That was in June when they had stuff seized in customs and couldn't ship. I don't own nor have I seen one of these. It has to be diff than mine though from what you say. I could talk to mine and it would light up. When I was at the beach it nearly set my trunks on fire. It was in my pocket and the sound of the waves and surf kept it lit constantly. Covering the mouthpiece opening still wouldnt stop it. darn good thing I bought 2 manual batteries just before vacation from Vapor Guys. The 510 series has the same threads, but be careful. Blu (mine) battery is "tip negative" and all the Janty Series seem to be "tip positive". Use the charger that came with it. I don't care if it does screw on. Unless you want to by new equipment.

45 min software to install???? Did they make Blu that long ago or do you work at NASA?
Just j/k.........................

puffdaddyatl

Sep 17, 2009
i just got a blucig about a week ago and i'm so happy with it
i agree that the slow dragging works much better
but if you do cover the holes slightly while you inhale you can drag harder to produce the same amount of vape
one problem i'm having is the battery doesn't seem to last very long
i have to charge it 2 or 3 times a day. am i smoking it too much or is the battery malfunctioning or am i just not letting it charge completely?
any tips to battery longevity?

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
I don't know if Blu had the 1st PCC, but it was a big selling point for me. It says it will recharge a battery 6 times. I won't dispute that. If other companies hadn't came out with a PCC. Blu would still be with me. I was considering putting a reversing switch and a second connector on it for the Janty tip positive batts.
True, I think they over due the amount of puffs and analogs it replaces, but Blu has its place. It's a great starter kit for the price to see if you like e cigs at the least.
It still good enough I kept mine not selling it just for a backup.
They had a rough start for more than one reason. They did back up their claim to replace bad equip. but they didnt realize the demand for the product. Then the FDA got their stuff like many others.

Did they ever fix their chargers? My LED's never worked like it said. It went red to charge but would never go off. It and the USB always just blinked from red to blue at diff time intervals when charged. The wall charger to the PCC worked as it should. It never affected charging to full or charge times other than having to watch it.
I have the hard plastic case, which I like. I heard the new ones were rubbery?

laidbak101

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
California
I don't know if Blu had the 1st PCC, but it was a big selling point for me. It says it will recharge a battery 6 times. I won't dispute that. If other companies hadn't came out with a PCC. Blu would still be with me. I was considering putting a reversing switch and a second connector on it for the Janty tip positive batts.
True, I think they over due the amount of puffs and analogs it replaces, but Blu has its place. It's a great starter kit for the price to see if you like e cigs at the least.
It still good enough I kept mine not selling it just for a backup.
They had a rough start for more than one reason. They did back up their claim to replace bad equip. but they didnt realize the demand for the product. Then the FDA got their stuff like many others.

Did they ever fix their chargers? My LED's never worked like it said. It went red to charge but would never go off. It and the USB always just blinked from red to blue at diff time intervals when charged. The wall charger to the PCC worked as it should. It never affected charging to full or charge times other than having to watch it.
I have the hard plastic case, which I like. I heard the new ones were rubbery?

Its rubbery coated its like no slip grip... But yeah mine has actually worked fine maybe they fixed a few things on it because reading these forums I haven't had any of the problems everyone has been having. Well except for the consistent vapor and the carts are crap.

relic

Sep 24, 2009
New user here. I've owned my Blu Cig for about a week now. Just wanted to ask how many people have tried putting a piece of tape around the airflow holes? without blocking some of the airflow, I feel like I'm sucking more air than vapor, and vapor production is weak. with the airflow restricted, I'm able to get a more consistent, thick vapor.

sorry for sounding like a nOOb lol.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Yup, this is a known technique. I don't cover them with tape, but I will occasionally cover one or more with my fingers while drawing if I'm not getting the performance I'd like. (Haven't had to do it since using Decadent Vapours liquids, which seem to love the blu atomizer.)

I've had vague thoughts that raising the atomizer temperature by covering the holes may be shortening the life of the atomizer, but since I haven't had a single one die yet (first two been used since early July), I'm not too worried. :) Seems like some 510 owners kill an atomizer every week. I saw one guy post that he lost three in a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread