The Reo Grand Kick-Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

qccraig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Thanks, just placed my order. First time I've used a company like Ponoko. With the file in hand, it seemed easy enough. Appreciate everyone's efforts, especially the builder of the file.

My x-acto knife cut foam is not holding up as well as I would like it to. The kickstand is going to work much better for a long-term mod fix.

Stonemull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I printed a dozen of these under request and then was asked to make for a romaniac pipe ..
under the open source style of sharing it around ... heres a round version that is much the same as a square one but designed by me ..
since I have no kick to try it on .. I hope somebody who has both a 3d printer and a kick can print one and let me know if it fits nicely :)

be aware this is untested and may not fit anything..

View attachment round kickstand.zip

Stonemull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
u4aqype4.jpg

thought i would add a pic compared to square ones .. diameter is 18.5mm as requested.
file is in openscad so easy to change anything..

Datalux

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Sweden
For anyone that has a 3d printer or wants to get it made on ponoko, enjoy:

View attachment 88744

Got my first ever Reo Grand, Kick, some 18490's and had your "Kick Stand" printed at work (6 min. total printer time :) )

Thank you very much!!

I've been very lucky coming into the vaping world, VV/VW tubes, Reo's, Cisco 306's, tanks, Boge carto's, the "Kick" and now this. Everything just woks!

Crazy Canuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Finally got my 3d printed prototype of my little design to hold the kick still in my Reo Grand. Works perfectly! Fires every time, never moves out of place, and looks nice and clean inside the device - which was something that was bothering me about my original prototype that was made out of epoxy :)

View attachment 88736 View attachment 88737 View attachment 88738 View attachment 88739

Thank you for sharing the file! I've just ordered 3 through Ponoko, and can't wait for them to arrive. In the mean time I'll use the eraser method.. Grand should be in my sticky little fingers tonight, and just picked up some foil tape from Home Depot today (don't want to sand the pretty powder coating or worry about running a wire to the ground.).

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Any idea if this will work with the Kick2?

Did'nt know there was a Kick2 till you mentioned it. Just looking at it, seems a bit iffy. Do you have one? Would both of the ground connections make against the back of the reo if the kick were to slide in dead center? If so, the slot on the Kickstand may be able to be redesigned to be front center, then it might work.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
Did'nt know there was a Kick2 till you mentioned it. Just looking at it, seems a bit iffy. Do you have one? Would both of the ground connections make against the back of the reo if the kick were to slide in dead center? If so, the slot on the Kickstand may be able to be redesigned to be front center, then it might work.

I don't have one......yet. But it would be great in the Grand due to it's higher wattage limits.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
I couldn't stomach the fact that I (and fellow REOnauts) had to pay more for the shipping (about $10) than the cost of the actual part (about $6)...

... so I ordered 10 a few minutes ago.

The most I'll ever need is 2. The other 8 are to save fellow REOnauts at least the shipping. PM me if interested.

EDIT- had the costs bass-ackwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread