Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Haha :D

The sheer amount of insane drivers makes me want to get to CO and hit the trails on my bike more than ever. This is nerve wracking.

It is like people don't realize driving is dangerous as hell. They act like its a video game. :facepalm:

Made it past Kansas City in one piece though. Waiting for the sun to set. It has been blinding Slothy.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Made it past Kansas City in one piece though. Waiting for the sun to set. It has been blinding Slothy.

In a way it's such a shame to drive all that way cross country to Fruita, and not drive another hour and half past it to Moab, even if it's for just one days biking before going back to Fruita and beyond when heading home.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
In a way it's such a shame to drive all that way cross country to Fruita, and not drive another hour and half past it to Moab, even if it's for just one days biking before going back to Fruita and beyond when heading home.
I agree and have decided to go to Moab, definitely. In fact, I plan to spend 2 or 3 nights there. Seeing pictures of Bartlett sealed the deal. (there will be a video made there)

By the way, Sloth just made it to the Colorado welcome center :w00t:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I agree and have decided to go to Moab, definitely. In fact, I plan to spend 2 or 3 nights there. Seeing pictures of Bartlett sealed the deal. (there will be a video made there)

By the way, Sloth just made it to the Colorado welcome center :w00t:

Smart man. :thumb: Ouray/Silverton next time.

I would imagine that Bartlett will be a new MB'ing experience for you. Just keep in mind it's called sliprock for a painful reason. I'm not sure, but I don't think sloth's bounce very well. ;)

You might also consider Getaway, Klondike Bluffs, the Porcupine trails and if you're up to a seriously steep and dangerous cliffhanger ride, the Shafer Trail Road as well. No idea if other attractions matter to you, but Arches, Canyonlands Island in the Sky, Dead Horse Point and Newspaper Rock might be worth a gander to you.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Haha :D

The sheer amount of insane drivers makes me want to get to CO and hit the trails on my bike more than ever. This is nerve wracking. It is like people don't realize driving is dangerous as hell. They act like its a video game..

Try making a career doing just that....

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I used a tester on all my atty's when building them and always tested them without & with the top cap to make sure there wasn't any type of short at all. I never once doubted replacing both +/- contacts in both my grands and always felt safe using them. I also ran mine without the locking pin in the firing button as it usually got turned by mistake and was just frustrating most of all.

Closest thing I ever had to a short in any of my grands was prior to replacing my contacts and instead of dropping a spring, I did pop the coil on 2 different occasions!! This was by putting the top cap on the atty and accidentally pressing the firing button at the same time and it made contact.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Screenshot_2017-10-18-18-26-34.jpg
Screenshot_2017-10-18-18-25-38.jpg

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
A little, Im at 8000ft i think. I expect temps in the 20s tonight.
I lived in Colorado Springs for awhile back in the 1970s and I remember it being cold....especially at night....this time of year. But based on the shadow of you, it didn't seem like you were very heavily layered.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
A little, Im at 8000ft i think. I expect temps in the 20s tonight.

Boulder area I'll have to guess with no commentary. Like the pics though, and happy to see that you were able to get at it soon after you got to CO.

Plenty of air at 8K in the Rockies, but it's a bit thinner at 14K there. :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Made it to Fruita. Waiting on pizza then heading to a campground where I can shower. Tomorrow is the first big day of riding, just picked up some maps :)

Yeah Spy, I was about 45 mins out of Boulder last night. Beautiful area! But -- western CO has literally dropped my jaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread