Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
If you drive it at lower speeds it will not run as it was designed to run... The car was designed to be driven at higher speeds to be properly maintained and there's no where in N. America, (including Canada), that this can be done all the time lawfully, as it can be done in Europe. This is why there are so many problems with them on this side of the pond.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
If you drive it at lower speeds it will not run as it was designed to run... The car was designed to be driven at higher speeds to be properly maintained and there's no where in N. America, (including Canada), that this can be done all the time lawfully, as it can be done in Europe. This is why there are so many problems with them on this side of the pond.

I've always been more of a Ferrari fan, myself, ever since I was a kid. If I had that kind of money, that's what I would get, rather than a Lamborghini. But quality control on Lambos has always been somewhat sketchy. The Countach was especially bad, over its entire 18 or so year production, considering the price tag.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

To be sure, my buddy's problems were mostly related to the car either sitting for too long (it's not an every day drive) or getting plugged from city traffic. It was the wrong car for his life and this place, which he came to realize.

Horribly cramped thing to ride in, BTW. Also one of those jumpy too-connected-to-the-road-to-be-enjoyable rides on anything other than the Nurmburgring.

It did get a lot of attention, though.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
dont drive too close, I think thats the car that catches on fire because the exhaust touches the gas tank when it has a full tank of gas = $400K italian s'mores:evil: -same issue on the $4.5M version:shock:

That would suck. I try not to get too close anyway, if I happen to encounter one of those types of cars, especially in traffic. If I'm going to hit something, I'd rather hit something cheap. I was driving behind a Ferrari a few months ago in Tampa, going through a construction zone, bumper to bumper traffic. I was a nervous wreck.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
That would suck. I try not to get too close anyway, if I happen to encounter one of those types of cars, especially in traffic. If I'm going to hit something, I'd rather hit something cheap. I was driving behind a Ferrari a few months ago in Tampa, going through a construction zone, bumper to bumper traffic. I was a nervous wreck.

Check your Property Damage on your Auto Policy...it's probably pocket change to take it up to 100K or even 200K

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Check your Property Damage on your Auto Policy...it's probably pocket change to take it up to 100K or even 200K

Oh, I'm all set. But I can't imagine what would happen to your premiums, if you did serious damage to something like that.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
In a previous life I made video games. One of the games I was producer of was Need for Speed, a driving game.

As part of the asset package (marketing materials, in-game splash screens, etc.) for one of them, we got ahold of about a dozen exotic cars to film. The picture shoot at the neon sign graveyard in Las Vegas went off without a hitch, but one of the drivers shuttling them back and forth from their dealerships got into an accident on the road with an Austin Martin DB9. A fender bender, we were told. Nothing big.

$65k worth of damage.

They wanted us to buy the car outright as they could no longer sell it as new. Instead, we leased it from them and used it as the promo car at events to market the game (plus, we gave them a truckload of games).

Never, ever, would I roll with that much money riding on four wheels in gen-pop traffic.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Never got into cars myself...I mean I like cars, for getting from point A to B in a comfortable, efficient, safe fashion. Tha's about it, tho :blush:

I used to be more into them when I was much younger. Not quite so much now. I don't follow sports car racing much anymore. I never got into NASCAR.
I drive so little nowadays, it's ridiculous. Golf course and back; running around doing errands; that's it. I got a new car last July. I keep getting calls and emails from the dealer, saying that I have to come in for the first oil change and checkup. I tell them that I certainly will, when I get 3000 miles on it. So far, I'm only at 1600 or so.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
My favorite car is our Chevy HHR. What do I like so much about it? It's been paid for since 2011. It's a 2008 with 57K miles on it. :)

I traded in my 2006 Nissan Titan PU last summer. It was nearly 10 1/2 years old, and only had 47k on it. Got tired of driving a full size PU around, especially with the lousy gas mileage. Decided to go with a smaller car. I did get all the whistles and bells, some of which I don't even know how to work yet.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Dagnabbit rabbit, VA is out of O-16s. Gotta grab one next time they're in stock for my incoming Woodvil from Wayne. Anywhere else in the US sell authentics? I googled and don't see anywhere that does, but never hurts to ask. (I also don't mind waiting, at all, just checking :))

I noticed that too. I need one more as well.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Ontario...not sure what shipping is, but it might be worth checking...

Dagnabbit rabbit, VA is out of O-16s. Gotta grab one next time they're in stock for my incoming Woodvil from Wayne. Anywhere else in the US sell authentics? I googled and don't see anywhere that does, but never hurts to ask. (I also don't mind waiting, at all, just checking :))

I noticed that too. I need one more as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread