Illinois
Happy St. Paddy's Day Reonauts...
Happy-Saint-Patricks-Day.jpg

Mark Elkins

Moved On
Aug 11, 2016
Upstate New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple accounts are not permitted on ECF.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Welcome, you sized this place up right. If you have questions, please ask; there are several on here who know what they are talking about - and, yes, they are friendly.

Hello Reonauts?? I would like to introduce myself...my name is Mark. I am excited to become a Reo Grande owner as of 1/17. I'm asking to be excepted in this thread and happy to here. Usually I am a person who reads the ECF Forum rather than making any comments, yes I've forgotten my password a few times and rejoined ECF here an there. But I think this thread may be different for me. See I'm getting ready to retire and this thread seems to be a collective of vapors who have a common factor..."RIO OWNERS"... and are vape happy and friendly. I would like to be able to read and just say "Hi there Rionauts".....and maybe get involved in a discussion once an awhile. I have been vaping for many years but never purchased a RIO....mmmm.....that was a mistake! I should have spent the money and bought one years ago saving the exspense of buying second best. I tried to upload a photo of my Rio Grande LP/copper vein/brass button/Hadley rda/Ultem stock cap......she's a beauty. When my older son gets home he can help me upload a picture from my photo gallery. I'm never going to be a tech savvy person. Well I have gone far beyond my stay and wish all well.
Vape on my Friends and Vape Safely.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Hello Reonauts?? I would like to introduce myself...my name is Mark. I am excited to become a Reo Grande owner as of 1/17. I'm asking to be excepted in this thread and happy to here. Usually I am a person who reads the ECF Forum rather than making any comments, yes I've forgotten my password a few times and rejoined ECF here an there. But I think this thread may be different for me. See I'm getting ready to retire and this thread seems to be a collective of vapors who have a common factor..."RIO OWNERS"... and are vape happy and friendly. I would like to be able to read and just say "Hi there Rionauts".....and maybe get involved in a discussion once an awhile. I have been vaping for many years but never purchased a RIO....mmmm.....that was a mistake! I should have spent the money and bought one years ago saving the exspense of buying second best. I tried to upload a photo of my Rio Grande LP/copper vein/brass button/Hadley RDA/Ultem stock cap......she's a beauty. When my older son gets home he can help me upload a picture from my photo gallery. I'm never going to be a tech savvy person. Well I have gone far beyond my stay and wish all well.

Welcome Mark. Good to have you here.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hello Reonauts?? I would like to introduce myself...my name is Mark. I am excited to become a Reo Grande owner as of 1/17. I'm asking to be excepted in this thread and happy to here. Usually I am a person who reads the ECF Forum rather than making any comments, yes I've forgotten my password a few times and rejoined ECF here an there. But I think this thread may be different for me. See I'm getting ready to retire and this thread seems to be a collective of vapors who have a common factor..."RIO OWNERS"... and are vape happy and friendly. I would like to be able to read and just say "Hi there Rionauts".....and maybe get involved in a discussion once an awhile. I have been vaping for many years but never purchased a RIO....mmmm.....that was a mistake! I should have spent the money and bought one years ago saving the exspense of buying second best. I tried to upload a photo of my Rio Grande LP/copper vein/brass button/Hadley RDA/Ultem stock cap......she's a beauty. When my older son gets home he can help me upload a picture from my photo gallery. I'm never going to be a tech savvy person. Well I have gone far beyond my stay and wish all well.
Welcome, Mark! Welcome to retirement!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Does Sloth continue waiting on an O-16 to become available for the new woody from Wayne? Or does Sloth order a Hadaly??

First world problems, man...

If you don't have one, you should get one. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
No, don't have a Hadaly. I'm intrigued. But I also like running everything uniform. And I LOVE the O-16. However, Hadalys are available. I'm intrigued by it. Is the airflow as restrictive wide-open as the O-16 wide-open or moreso?

The Hadaly is somewhat more airy then the O-16. Not by a lot. But it does have more air. I'd put it in between the O-16 and the Stumpy.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
The Hadaly is somewhat more airy then the O-16. Not by a lot. But it does have more air. I'd put it in between the O-16 and the Stumpy.
Do you ever get gurgles with it? With the airflow being somewhat low, that is a concern of mine. If not an issue, yeah, I'll try it. I can always close the airflow down a bit, but if it's only a little more than the O-16, I won't mind it. I hear the flavor is off the spectrum.

Reactions: Kenna

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Might be that I'm not building it right or not wicking it right, but this is what's kept the Hadaly off my "bestest atties" list.
There's a super fine line I keep crossing between
- a) fully squonkified juicy-juicy ready for a big flavorful vape
and
- b) oversquonked, airholes obstructed, need to vape 'em clear...again

Granted, it doesn't oversquonk to the extent of leaking OUT the airhole - but I do get gurgles and it ticks me off.

Do you ever get gurgles with it? With the airflow being somewhat low, that is a concern of mine. If not an issue, yeah, I'll try it. I can always close the airflow down a bit, but if it's only a little more than the O-16, I won't mind it. I hear the flavor is off the spectrum.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Might be that I'm not building it right or not wicking it right, but this is what's kept the Hadaly off my "bestest atties" list.
There's a super fine line I keep crossing between
- a) fully squonkified juicy-juicy ready for a big flavorful vape
and
- b) oversquonked, airholes obstructed, need to vape 'em clear...again

Granted, it doesn't oversquonk to the extent of leaking OUT the airhole - but I do get gurgles and it ticks me off.

I have over squonked it, and had seeping out the air holes. But not often. It just takes getting used to, like any atty. I don't get gurgling. But I don't set the coils super low. I build 3mm coils, and mount it with the legs off the top, and just set the coil with the mandrel resting on the edge of the atty. I don't push it any lower than that. I use 28g SS parallels in mine. Flavor is off the chain.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm a bad one to say, though. I can over squonk anything, especially since switching all my mods to the Italian Soft bottles. Plus, I'm old and forgetful. I currently use mostly Hadalys, Nuppins, and O-16s; and I've oversquonked all of them.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'm a bad one to say, though. I can over squonk anything, especially since switching all my mods to the Italian Soft bottles. Plus, I'm old and forgetful. I currently use mostly Hadalys, Nuppins, and O-16s; and I've oversquonked all of them.

Heh - I've oversquonked a rogue, which is kinda hard to do... and very, very messy.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Greetings, Mark, and welcome to Reoville :toast:

If we had a nickel for every vaper who piped up with "long time lurker, first time poster", we'd have... well... a lot of nickels up in here. It's just that kind of place, and yes, very hail-fellow-well-met in spirit. You're gonna love it, whether passively reading while taking a chill vape break or passionately debating wicking material or Italian bottle filling techniques - it's all good.

Love to see a pic or two of your new rig when you can get around to it. A Halady on top of a grand - now that's styling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread