• Reason: Cleaning up / Collateral Damage

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
is there a rebuild video?
Sorry can't do one. Would need 3 hands :lol: My camera is on my phone, and it takes 2 hands to rebuild, hard to hold the phone and rebuild at the same time. I did post some pictures and try to explain it the best I could. The first time is the hardest to get it apart, after that it is not too bad, still a PITA, but easier. :)

The mouthpiece, chimney, and top of chamber are all one piece, and will only fit back on one way. The tabs & holes are in different places on each side. The coil legs do get trapped between the pins and the rubber grommets, be careful, them pins are small & easy to drop. I put the pins in and then clip off the excess wire from the legs. I hope you read where to use NR-R-NR coils, or I think you would burn up the grommets. I have not thrown away one yet. I think the first one I was using has the 7th build that I put in.

I took a jewelers screwdriver and broke the hole on each side, here
upload_2017-4-2_16-14-31-png.646083

It is just a crack, but it is enough to get it apart. The first time is the hardest, after that it is hard, but easier than the first time. Hope that helps.

If you have any questions, just ask, I'll help if I can. :)

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
I picked the Rock up at my smoke shop a couple of weeks ago. I love it. For 9.99 I got the battery with pod and 10 mL of 18 mg tobacco juice. Put a 2 pack of pods with that and 18.00 even. It does have a slight whistle but I'm okay with it. I get dry hits from time to time but I'm using max VG, and mostly that happens when I puff too many times or run low on liquid. I love that I can slip it in my back pocket without having to drag a bigger mod around town or use it while reading in bed. It doesn't make a big clank like my eGo AIO does when I knock it over. That drives my dog absolutely nuts! It's a great little tootle puffer when I don't need a big nic fix. Nice flavor and nice MTL. I have to try rebuilding it next. At the smoke shop, they told me if it failed for any reason, even if I dropped it in the toilet, bring it back in the first 60 days for a new one. For 10 bucks, I'll keep one handy, but it wouldn't keep me off smokes if it was all I had.

Reactions: David Wolf

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
Might try Nic Salts or a higher nic (or both) if you are not curbing the cravings with a pod type device. :)

Probably so, I'm using 14 mg just because that's what I had. The 18 that was included was pretty harsh. I'll look in to salts, not something I've ever researched.

Reactions: David Wolf

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Probably so, I'm using 14 mg just because that's what I had. The 18 that was included was pretty harsh. I'll look in to salts, not something I've ever researched.

Definitely give it a whirl. I'm using 45mg salts in a pod mod with no harshness at all.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Here is a thread on it
Nicotine Salts Juices for pods

Also I found it wicks better for me with a higher PG. It did not like 50/50 as good as 70PG/30VG, less juice wicking to me gives it a harsher hit. Won't really get a burnt dry hit because of the silica wick (silica won't burn), just a bad taste if it is not wicking good. You could also add a little DW to a high VG juice to help wicking (careful not to add too much).

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Anyone have this and the von erl
Yes I have both. I prefer the Rock. I had problems with juice getting in the mouth piece of the MVE, which I hate. I also like the button on the Rock as compared to the auto fire of the MVE. It is easier to rewick the MVE, but I never got around to trying to replace the coil. The Rock you can not just rewick, you have to replace the coil, which is a PITA but not bad after you do it several times. The Rock is a little bigger than the MVE, but not by a lot.

upload_2017-5-26_8-36-0.png

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Yes I have both. I prefer the Rock. I had problems with juice getting in the mouth piece of the MVE, which I hate. I also like the button on the Rock as compared to the auto fire of the MVE. It is easier to rewick the MVE, but I never got around to trying to replace the coil. The Rock you can not just rewick, you have to replace the coil, which is a PITA but not bad after you do it several times. The Rock is a little bigger than the MVE, but not by a lot.

View attachment 659971
Might have to give it a shot. I managed to rewick the von erl pods but putting a new coil in is a nightmare on those (imo). Hmm for 10 bucks. Ant go wrong lol was going to order some more von erl pods today think I'll add this to my order. Thanks

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Nice Find :) Checked and free shipping on $20 order, and it was showing $2 shipping if I ordered less than $20. Really good deal, $9.99+$2.00=$11.99.
Just bought mine from there this morning with 4 extra pods and 10% off a me out to 21.80 shipped. Seen you posted about running 70pg juice so I ended up ordering some hangsen and dekang lol

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Well after using the Rock every day since I got it (until the battery dies or the pod empties), I like it.
No Leaks
No Spiting
No Juice in mouth
Does give a nice MTL vape (tootle puffer), too tight for DTL IMO
Not that hard to recoil (once you do it a time or two), I'm using 2.4Ω silica ones from FT, NR-R-NR (50-Pack) is $2.70
I am getting around 7 to 8 hours (sometimes 9), so for the battery it is good for the size
It has a button, so I don't have to worry about drawing just right to get it to fire

Just ordered another and an extra 2 pack of pods. I am still on the first pod, recoiled 4 times (I think, could be 5), and still working, so the cost of the replacements is not that bad. Only problem I see is down the road. It has not taken off so it may just die a slow death once stock runs out.

Still going to keep an eye out for others with a button, but not in a hurry, as I found one that works for me, so I'll let others do the testing on them. :)
If you don't mind Burnie could u post a link to the ones u bought I see a few different ga's etc gonna order some coils for it.:)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
The only thing holding me back on trying the Rock is the wick. Can it be rewicked with cotton?
I tried cotton, was really hard to get enough in the coil without deforming it, but I did do it, but only lasted 2 tanks before getting a burnt taste, so I went back to the silica ones which I get 5+ tanks.

If you don't mind Burnie could u post a link to the ones u bought I see a few different ga's etc gonna order some coils for it.:)
These are the ones I have been using. $2.70 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires w/ Wicks - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 33 AWG / 2.4ohm / 1-wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread