The Roller SS-P telescopic battery mod from atmizoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

outadadark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2009
London, UK
Roller SSP- 18650.jpg Roller SSP- DID Short 18350.jpg Roller SSP- DID 18350.jpg Roller SSP- parts.jpg
The atmizoo Roller SS-P mod shown with the DID atomiser fitted.

I don't generally 'do' ecig reviews, but I recently received a device that has just changed my mind. You may have heard of the Golden Greek, well let me introduce you to the Platinum Greek, a new telescopic battery MOD made by atmizoo, the "Roller SS-P".

This battery housing can accommodate any size battery from 16340 all the way through 18650 due to it's telescopic 'tube within a tube' design as opposed to the 'tube per battery' design of other MODs. I know that atmizoo aren't the first to attempt this design, but this implementation is pure precision engineering. Any 510 atomiser would benefit from a pairing with such an aesthetically beautiful device.

Built with high-grade stainless steel, the device manages silky smooth threads with rock solid construction to produce a lightweight, functional casing, with svelte lines that oozes refinement.

All the device components are listed during the order phase, but the Roller arrives fully assembled ready for your battery and favourite 510 atomiser to make merry. Along with it's flawless polished lightweight steel, fully mechanical construction, the Roller is fully repairable. The brass negative spring, adjustable brass positive pole, brass atomiser mount, inner & outer tubes, base and switch head mount are all replaceable and interchangeable with the SS-P's sibling, the matt finished Roller SS-M.

The switch head is a totally new design incorporating a safe accidental operation protection mechanism, activated by simply rotating the switch head 90 degrees to the horizontal. Changing batteries does not require unscrewing the whole bottom tube. Just like a torch casing, the 4mm base and spring are unscrewed, battery inserted and the tube is then adjusted to fit.

A unique serial number is etched on the vented base with accompanying warranty certificate in the box, the Roller is very professionally presented.

I was steered toward the atmizoo site via a youtube promo video posted by fellow ECF member, uma, which showed the easy glide of the threads on the Roller. See for yourself:

Roller - Stage 1 - YouTube

To say I'm happy with my purchase is an understatement. The Roller would be just as happy sharing the velour of any jewellery box as the shirt pocket of my Ben Sherman. Pop in an 18350 for a vaper's night out and an 18650 for that all day vape, no extra tubes needed.

The Roller SS-P can be bought at: Roller SS-P Battery Tube Mod | atmizoo vaping modware | shop

Have a look at the other devices the team have in development. We're in for an exciting time!!!

Roller SS-P..jpg

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Thanks!!! It's a special engraving for me from the makers of the Roller! I'm not supposed to know what it looks like, it's a surprise, so repeat after me... "What avatar? I don't see an avatar!"....
Mine is a surprise all the way around! I was going to purchase one by Christmas, but a kind and generous poster loved the video I shared of it and the concept of the Roller so much that he bought two! One for himself, of course, and one for .... me! I still don't know what to say, except.... THANK YOU!!!!!!! I'm still speechless over it all.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I would love to see some pics with other pv's for reference. I spoke to the creator and he said by the end of the month he will probably have a version of the top cap/switch/connector where the connection is recessed into the top cap, that way tanks will sit flush with the top. He mentioned another version as well but it escapes me on what it was. Nice review btw.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I saw this on another forum. What gets my interest is a (top) side mechanical button. Is this correct?

That is correct, check out the site, they show everything in detail.

edit: From the site...
Roller's fuly mechanical switch is custom-developed, featuring a built-in safety lock and a novel spring-action mechanism.

I am hoping to pick one up when they come out with the flush connector top cap.

Last edited:

Atlantisboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
USA
That is correct, check out the site, they show everything in detail.

edit: From the site...
Roller's fuly mechanical switch is custom-developed, featuring a built-in safety lock and a novel spring-action mechanism.

I am hoping to pick one up when they come out with the flush connector top cap.

What do you mean by flush connector top cap? I am considering purchasing one, thanks.

madgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Athens, Greece
This is the most amazing and easy to use and get used to mod i've ever tried. If it wasn't for the hybrid look of the GGTS with the Ody and Iatty i would have switched completely..The thing is you can use 1x350, 1x500, 1x650 and 2x1x350 (every battery out there) without removing or adding anything! No extension sleeves no nothing. Just roll and play..

Here is a pic of mine along with all the other stuff one of the guys have made until now. The previous mods had some flaws but nevertheless they were reaaally cheap and at a time no other mechanical mod had a top-side button..
img20120921104527.jpg

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I would love to see some pics with other pv's for reference. I spoke to the creator and he said by the end of the month he will probably have a version of the top cap/switch/connector where the connection is recessed into the top cap, that way tanks will sit flush with the top. He mentioned another version as well but it escapes me on what it was. Nice review btw.
Your wish is my command. :)
Mini DID on Roller Mod with 18650 battery and ShortStop fuse enclosed, next to an eGo TWIST with a cartomizer thingie on it.
roller18650MiniDidtwistclearo.jpg

The Roller Mod was a PFF gift from none other than the OP, OutadaDark, and the engraving was a special surprise gift from Manos at Atmizoo. He doesn't know if he'll do Laser engravings henceforth, but I sure hope he does. Absolutely beautiful combo of product and personalization. Thank you OUTADADARK and Manos both!!!!!! You made my year!!!!

(my avatar is a close up of the engraving :)

overall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
TEXAS
I wonder how it compares to the GGTS?

The GGTS is a very solid build. Heavy and slightly on the long side. The roller pumps out the power about the same, it is a lot lighter and a outline bit shorter than the GGTS.
The roller is much easier to twist and go versus the GGTS which is created by multiple pieces.
Droppable factor ....I haven't dropped the roller (yet) but I know the GGTS is pretty much bomb proof.
The top button on the roller is very nice, takes more pressure to activate and this is a positive in the pocket - with the GGTS the fire button required minimal pressure and will fire accidentally in the pocket, my lap, beside me in my chair etc. The roller is lockable also but I haven't found the need to lock.
The roller also doesn't seem to generate as much battery heat. With the GGTS my fire button will actually get hot with a <1 ohm coil. The roller no heat. Not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread