Status
Not open for further replies.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
I recieved mine yesterday. I am very dissappointed. I tried 3 different batteries fresh off the charger, 18350, 18490 and an 18650. I tried it with my Penelope, DID, and Chalice. I even tried them with a 510 to 510 adapter. I could not get the mod to fire at all. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hello B :)

Glad we could help!

If you don't mind I'll post an image to help others that might think their mod is DOA:

The plastic washer normally sitting on the inside of the bottom cap might fall off during transit - it then gets stuck at the far end of the battery compartment, preventing batteries from making contact.

This is how the inside of the bottom cap should look like with the spring removed:

bottomcap.jpg

Notice the plastic washer there? If you don't see it then just look for it inside the battery compartment.

We've seen that with a couple of orders sent to the US -- it's the only thing that could happen if your box is dropped/abused on the way.

Regards,
Jimmy

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
TheOPs attachment pic doesn't open for me. :(
Mine wouldn't fire my genny at first, but it would a carto, and the OP suggested raising the mod's 510 post with a tiny screwdriver. It's been working the genny (DID) great since! I know it's a different "problem" but one that others might encounter and so I toss it out there for others to prepare if needed.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
TheOPs attachment pic doesn't open for me. :(
Mine wouldn't fire my genny at first, but it would a carto, and the OP suggested raising the mod's 510 post with a tiny screwdriver. It's been working the genny (DID) great since! I know it's a different "problem" but one that others might encounter and so I toss it out there for others to prepare if needed.

That's right Uma - the DID has a different male 510 geometry that requires pin adjustment. If you take a close look, the positive pole is a bit recessed into the negative.

If you adjust the top pin on Roller, make sure you tighten the DID only lightly, to prevent damage to the threading that supports the pin. This will be resolved with Update #3, which among other refinements, makes pin adjustment on Roller much more usable.

The updated components will be sent to everyone for free.

PS: I re-upped the image now.

Manos

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I am very much looking forward to ordering mine when they are back in stock and with the flush connector. Manos assures me that it should be soon :)

Oh...and hi Uma! :)
Hi K-man!! You're gonna love the Roller. Good choice!!

I like mine a lot. Will probably order another

Communication was good. Very light and well designed.

Love the locking button.

More info after I've used it more.
HI OB!! I know right. I want another one too. Even non-vaping hubby understands why I'm so crazy about it. (that says a lot!)

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Hi K-man!! You're gonna love the Roller. Good choice!!

HI OB!! I know right. I want another one too. Even non-vaping hubby understands why I'm so crazy about it. (that says a lot!)

Thanks Uma. Been watching for a while now just waiting for the flush connector. I think a ZAU will look great on it. I was gonna order the Matte finish, but after seeing your pic, it looks like I may have to order both finishes. :) I hope it's soon!

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
are these still being made? Much cheaper option to the ggts. I'm looking for a manual battery device with no electronics.
The latest production with all 3 updates installed will be released soon. From what I understand, the previous purchasers will be sent their updates first, before they are on stock for new purchasers. It shouldn't be long!

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Thanks Uma. Been watching for a while now just waiting for the flush connector. I think a ZAU will look great on it. I was gonna order the Matte finish, but after seeing your pic, it looks like I may have to order both finishes. :) I hope it's soon!
I like the way you think!! I just might have to go with the Matte finish on my next one, to have one of each, or one that consists of both if that's possible. I really do love this mod, it's perfect in hand. Besides, I'll need an extra one for the Foggatti.... :)

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
the short answer is no :) I do like this device. light, works well, updates will be sent for free and it is versatile :)
Updates as in something like the new flush connection? Lmao if I knew that I would have bought a few of the present version before they went out of stock. Oh well. They should be available soon.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
C'monnnnnnnnnn Manos!

Hey, thanks for the extra motivation! During the last few days we've spent more time underground (in the lab) than in the office or under the light of day!

We just started planning the logistics for the upcoming update to avoid delays, while at the same time, the new revisions (#3) of Roller and Dingo are slowly coming out of the lab. Apart from the updated components, we've increased the time it takes to cut each threaded part by a few minutes, in order to improve the smoothness and quality of the construction. It takes time, and we've had a few unforeseen equipment issues that are now sorted out. Murphy's Law seems to always hit when you want to get things done -- "If anything can go wrong, it will". :)

Some more e-mails were sent to current Roller owners - we're planning ahead, but time still flies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread