"The Russian" 91% (Kayfun Lite Clone With A Twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhaler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Mountains of NC, USA
From VaporTek web site:

"We have had extensive conversations with Kebo the manufacturer of the Russian 91%. From this point forward we will comply with their pricing guidelines. Our original orders will be fulfilled but any order from this day forward will comply with their pricing guidelines. Kebo manufactures quality products and we want to do business with them in the future so we will do what it takes to maintain our relationship with them."

Price if pre order now: $92.50

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
Why the heck would you buy a 91% if it's gonna cost more than a real kayfun lite. The one I order from intaste totaled $107 provari ring and shipping from Europe. $92.50 for a clone?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Clone does not always mean inferior quality. This is one of those cases.

I own many Kayfuns and Kayfun Lites. Kebos Russian and 91% are right up there at the same level of quality, at least the ones Ive been lucky to get my hands on thus far. In the case of the 91% it actually is BETTER than the Lite in that it incorporated air flow control.

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
Why the heck would you buy a 91% if it's gonna cost more than a real Kayfun lite. The one I order from intaste totaled $107 provari ring and shipping from Europe. $92.50 for a clone?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Because the Russian 91% goes to eleven(they kept the adjustable air flow).

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Holy crap am I a lucky sob, I dragged my sick ... out of bed to rip to the bank and deposit funds onto the ol visa and made the purchase on Aug/05. I am so pleased with the service at vapor tek usa and have received and email from John regarding the delivery being quite extensive but he would know more in a few days. At any rate it doesn't appear that he has billed my card yet and I am wondering if there will be any warning when he does because I would hate to not have the funds available from a mod buying frenzy and end up with bigger problems in the end.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
If the russian 91% is the same cost as kayfun lite, it wouldn't have the same resell value, unless you plan on keeping it. Even if they can clone a better LV purse or Jordan, I doubt anyone would pay retail for it.

Since the Rainbow Terminator Odysseus clone came on the scene, I've noticed many GG Odysseus' on the classies that normally would have sold quickly for top-dollar, take a longer time to sell, and the prices lowered to do so. The Terminator performs great, and is a very high quality clone, in which all parts interchange with the Odysseus.

I think it's going to be the same with "The Russian" 91%. I purchase vape-gear based on quality and performance, not resale value. The 91% offers more features than the stripped-down KFL, and is very good quality. Why would I want a Lite, when I can have great quality and more features which will enhance my vaping experience? I can see the 91% holding their value, and selling faster on the classies than the KFL after they're widely available.. ;)

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I'm not concerned about what I buy being a "clone". After all, all genesis rba's are modeled after Raidy's 'genisis" design. My did's and the zap I had are technically "clones". The Russian 91% may be modeled after the KFL but it takes the design a bit further and improves it. No different than the various genesis atty's out there. I look for quality materials, sturdy construction and a design that works without modding and later versions. I have a KFL and enjoy it but I like to try different devices. I only vape 3 or 4 different juices (2 on a full time basis) so it's a little counter productive to have too many of the same thing. This is my hobby after all LOL.

And I'm thrilled to have gotten in on the early order and got the better price.
happy-124.GIF

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
I can understand it it was device that had a similar delivery system with a different body. I'd be ok if it was in some way different. Other than some additions made to the KFL. This is still a clone. The design was stolen from SvoeMesto. It's not like they took one part of the KFL, they copied the whole thing. From the juice delivery to the way the parts go together. SvoeMesto spent time and money designing their device. All Kebo did was copy it. Your telling me that a copy of something should cost more than the real thing? It would be ok if SvoeMesto was in some way associated with Kebo. Kebo did nothing but steal someone else's design. I can't think of any product out in the market that is a straight copy of something that charges more than the real one. No ones gonna pay the same price or more for a pair of imitation Jordan's shoes just because they added a zipper inside so you can store coins. You pay the premium because your paying for the name and the designers hard work.

I have no problems buying clones. They have a big part in the vaping community especially for the people that have a limited budget. Heck, SvoeMesto even went and made the KFL to accommodate the budget minded vapers and to ward people away from the Russian RBA. Sorry for the rant but the KFL is 62.98 euro = $83.96 USD, Kebo can take their $92.50 and go vape Crab Juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread