Status
Not open for further replies.

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Well it looks like the kayfun Lite may have just murdered this clone.

I wouldn't say murdered. It'll be some stiff competition. The Russian will still have adjustable air draw, which I'm really digging on my Kayfun 3.1. I'm also digging the fill valve. If I'm in my car and want to refill, I don't want to worry about dropping the fill hole plug screw between my seat and center console.

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
Co-ops that are starting up are putting these at around $65 before shipping costs. I'll probably get in on one that way, rather than go the pre-order for $114.00 route.

Cant wait to see them in stock at Stormy's though. I would be more than happy to pay $115-125 from a US based vendor. Of course these could turn out to be complete poop too...but I have a good feeling about em!

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Co-ops that are starting up are putting these at around $65 before shipping costs. I'll probably get in on one that way, rather than go the pre-order for $114.00 route.

Cant wait to see them in stock at Stormy's though. I would be more than happy to pay $115-125 from a US based vendor. Of course these could turn out to be complete poop too...but I have a good feeling about em!

The review units were upgraded to correct the few issues.. The machines are set for production... Hell yeah!! :) I'm off to join a CoOp!

I hate to say it, but China is listening, and geared-up to produce some quality vape gear. Until the Terminator C and MKB-TS came out, I would have never dreamt of this kind of quality being available from them...

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
ok, looks like it's cleared up. The "Russian" is a china clone and the Kayfun Lite is the Russian/German response to it? Goes on sale tomorrow @ Cloud9 vaping

Yup, Kayfun Lite is genuine SvoeMesto.

Star_wars_the_clone_wars.jpg

:D

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Yup, Kayfun Lite is genuine SvoeMesto.

:D

Don't bother me a bit... I'm a 50 year old American... The Russians can either ramp-up production / availability, and offer the same unit at a price- point comparable to the clone, or as a consumer, I will buy the clone. Why would I want a "Lite" version??

Last edited:

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Why wouldn't? It is 75 euro and for us who don't pay VAT it is 63 euro. I already reserved one. :laugh:

Also, I would always buy little bit higher priced original than little bit cheaper clone. It is not because it makes me any difference and I will feel more important owning original, it is because someone invested his time and mind in creating that product. It is easy to clone, why don't they come up with their own ideas?

If clone was half price of original, than I would probably buy it.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Why wouldn't? It is 75 euro and for us who don't pay VAT it is 63 euro. I already reserved one. :laugh:

Also, I would always buy little bit higher priced original than little bit cheaper clone. It is not because it makes me any difference and I will feel more important owning original, it is because someone invested his time and mind in creating that product. It is easy to clone, why don't they come up with their own ideas?

If clone was half price of original, than I would probably buy it.

I'm speaking of the price "The Russian" can be obtained through a CoOp... $65.00 USD is a far cry less expensive than we can purchase a Kayfun 3.1 for... Hell, it's still a bargain at $114.00. Your point is noted though, and I respect your views...;)

As for the makers / designers.. AFAIC, they go into this knowing it's more or less open-source. Even Imeo (Of GG fame) stated numerous times he does not care about the clones.. He has no patent on his devices, and the cost to do so would be VERY expensive..

The makers / designers of quality gear will ALWAYS have their loyal customer base.. These clones when manufactured with quality, serve to put quality vape gear into the hands of the majority of us who do not enjoy being on months-long waiting lists, at an affordable cost..

Last edited:

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
These clones when manufactured with quality, serve to put quality vape gear into the hands of the majority of us who do not enjoy being on months-long waiting lists, at an affordable cost..

I was lucky regarding that. Only thing I have waited is Ithaka. My first GG purchase was GGTS and UFS... I found preorder 2 days before end and in that period Imeo had less work so they were delivered after 20 days. :)

I bought Ody when e-smokeguru opened new website... he saved couple of all GG products and then put them on sale for reopening as a gift... I cought one and it was in my hands after 7 days.

And regarding Kayfuns, I decided to buy them two days ago. Went to Intaste.de and signed up for notifications because it was out of stock. Yesterday morning I was at work and notification came. :) I put them in cart, paid for them and later that day they were shipped. I expect them in my hands no longer than wednesday or thursday. :vapor:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Is anyone running a co-op for the Russian yet?

I have contacted the manufacturer (vendor) for a quote on 25 units, but haven't heard anything yet.. With the new CoOp rules on ECF, (quite understandably, given the couple of rip-offs there) I can't run it even for 25 units... We need a CoOp vet willing to conduct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread