The ShockWave by Super-T Preorder Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
26500 bats are very hard to find. Is there an extension for 26650's? Or is there another solution? I want one to use with my "KICK"
SMABob

No, the is not extension for the 26650. With the kick, just drop in the spacer and a IMR 26500 battery. 26500 batteries are hard to come by and i'm trying to get AW to start making them again otherwise i'll have to source another manufacturer.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
David,

I sent you an email but if you can answer it here that would be even better. If you are using this with a 26500 and a kick which is what I will be using 90% of the time, does the battery fill up the entire area of the cutouts or is there a gap at the top / space.

In other words. I know a 26650 would fill up the vents nicely. I'm just wondering if the vents are longer than the OAL of a 26500.

That's really the only thing that is keeping me from ordering.

no, the 26500 battery wouldn't fill up the entire slots, the top portion you'll see the aluminum sleeve.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
No, the is not extension for the 26650. With the kick, just drop in the spacer and a IMR 26500 battery. 26500 batteries are hard to come by and i'm trying to get AW to start making them again otherwise i'll have to source another manufacturer.
Okay, I just picked up 4 26500 on the belief that I'll be purchasing the Shockwave.
Who remembers Kathryn Kuhlman? I remember when I was a kid her black & white TV show creeped me out. "I belieeeeve in miracles".
Kate, help me out now.

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
so even with the four bays in it the Trustfire TR003 P4 will work?

BTW order placed, now if i can just get strprswpr to get me a matching Lavatank ill be good. Now where/when can i get a kick to go in it?

Compatible chargers for the 26650:

TR005 (this charger was designed specifically for the 26650)
XTAR WP6 II
XTAR WP2 II
Trustfire TR003 P4

Note: Dual channel chargers will only allow you to charge one battery at a time due to their width.

PILA and TR001 don't work. (i actually got the PILA to work with a bit of fussing with a penny, but it was intermittent and a PITA)

Maybe: WF139 I got to work by using a penny on the top post wedged in there Not ideal.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
What color are the IMR 26650 3500mAh batts that you sell on your site?

I'm waiting for those to come in, of that variety i currently carry (the IMR 10440 and the IMR 14650) , they are usually a reddish/orange or blue. Should be in this coming week. I put them up just for the shockwave, but i didn't anticipate some would want them prior to the shockwave release...duh on my part...:facepalm:

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
so the ones i ordered with theShockwave...... will they ship with the Shockwave or sooner?
I'm waiting for those to come in, of that variety i currently carry (the IMR 10440 and the IMR 14650) , they are usually a reddish/orange or blue. Should be in this coming week. I put them up just for the shockwave, but i didn't anticipate some would want them prior to the shockwave release...duh on my part...:facepalm:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Lots of talk about the Kick in the Shockwave, which the Kick is a sweet little device no doubt, but don't forget, the Shockwave uses an enormous battery that can hold higher voltage under load then an 18650 can.

As owners of the Rhodium Plated PrecisePlus 18650 can attest too, that device hits harder then most and that load tests for me around 3.82 volts, whereas you'll find the Rhodium Plated Shockwave combined with the big 26650 battery will hold up to around 4.0 volts Under Load so it's going to have a bigger punch then any non variable voltage device you have ever used!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread