Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Every single piece I have used from them, including the Zmax V5 I bought for my girl have been EXTREMELY well constructed. I would like to hear some of the glitches you've had with one of their products.

sigelei makes TONS of products, I think like 50+ mech mods alone.With that many products there are bound to be both failures and successes. There are quite a few mech mods which have issues with low conductivity/heating up, some downright ridiculous design flaws, etc. Local vape shop also had several Sig telescopic zmaxes with button issues, as in the button wouldn't fire the device.

sigelei, like many Chinese manufacturers, put little to no effort into actually testing their products. They are in a hurry to reach market, and devices are released with obvious issues. That's what he meant by sigelei using customers as testers, as there are many instances where they released a device with a major obvious flaw, customers told them, and they release a new version.

Sigelei is better than those "no-name" brands on somesites, but I really wouldn't go as far as calling them a quality company. You have to know what you are buying, as if you don't you can easily end up with a flawed device. Usually a quality company is one where you can pick out pretty much any of their products and they function well and use quality materials. That can't really be said for sigelei.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
I have only had one Sigelei product, the ZMAX V3 telescope - but I am extremely hard on things, and have dropped this V3 at least 100 times and not a scratch on it and it works flawlessly, as it always has - so if the V5 and/or the Legend are built anything like the V3, I'm all over it!

you guys are making it out some like generic quality, but I can't imagine how my V3 could have been any better, if I had paid $500 for this mod I would be happy, considering its incredible workmanship and reliability/durability, maybe it was secretly made by Lexus?

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
My Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic Flat Top has been in use every day for almost eight months now. Works so good I bought a second unit this week.

The Legend looks like a major flop to me. Sigelei product development people are a pretty busy bunch, even if they come out with a loser now and then it's better than resting on their laurels and never doing anything new.

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
If they make a firmware revision/update that allows user access to the menu via a 3-button press, then I would likely get one. I am pleased with my V3 Telescope Zmax and it (the Legend) looks like a meld between the Zmax construction (decently machined stainless, not impeccably machined, but decently) and the eVic screen/functionality with the added "twist" of an accelerometer to replace buttons or collars for adjustments.

The only reason I can't see myself buying one as they are currently functioning is that to access the menus, I would need to remove my head-device (tank, clearo, whatever), wave the beast, access the menus, adjust settings, leave the menus, replace the head-device and if the adjustment wasn't satisfactory? I'd have to repeat the whole damned process. A firmware update to allow menu access via the fire button would resolve that and renew my interest in the mod. Otherwise? Thanks but think that I will pass.

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
Hi there yzer,
well, it's not selling.
but is it really a flop?
i don't see enough reviews out there to know where it is failing.
almost can't find but like 1 video review on it and cant hear what the guy is saying.

ain't picking at you.
seen a few of your responses and i think we are on same wavelength.
curious, does the Zmax v3 come in dark metallic finish?

Thanks for reading.

My Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic Flat Top has been in use every day for almost eight months now. Works so good I bought a second unit this week.

The Legend looks like a major flop to me. Sigelei product development people are a pretty busy bunch, even if they come out with a loser now and then it's better than resting on their laurels and never doing anything new.

Str8nitro

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Illinois
Why is this mod being compared to the Evic? I haven't read anything about firmware upgrades or software.

I've been trying to figure that out as well.

I will compare this to the evic simply because this is what I replaced my evic with. I am like most of you and when the Sigelei Legend first came on the market I thought it was ridiculous to have an APV with a gyroscope built into it. To have to "wave" it around to change setting just didn't seem like something I would want to bother with. Well my evic died on me and I needed a replacement for the weekend so I popped over to JJvapes, my local vape shop, to give it a look. I am very happy I did! The Legend is extremely well constructed and works amazing. In my opinion it is a much more solid piece than the evic when it comes to the build quality. As far as getting into setting goes, you don't have to flail it around like a madman (like I have seen in many of the video reviews), just 3 to 4 easy sways and your in settings. As it was mentioned already, once I have it set I don't have to set it again, it remembers my wattage setting when I shut it off and/or change the battery (I have heard that it doesn't remember the voltage setting when changing the battery but I am not sure, I only use wattage mode). The only thing I am not happy about is that I didn't buy this one first instead of the evic, could of saved some money and had a solid APV. My evic would shut down just from setting it on my desk if I didn't do it gently. Not to mention the evic only lasted me about 4 months and was never abused or dropped. One day while checking for a firmware upgrade the screen froze when I unplugged it, well I pulled the battery to reset it and it never turned on again.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've had my Zmax V3 since they hit the market. After about 200 drops or so, it is finally now starting to show wear and tear and needs replacement. I really like the V3 and was considering the V5. I got my best friend to buy the V5 and got to play with it. Having the new OLED screen is nice, the cell phone charger is a joke (works, but who's going to carry that extra piece with you), and I love the adjustable tube that both the V3 and V5 have. I am up in the air about the gyro stuff on the Legend, though, my concern is how many drops it can handle until it no longer works. If the gyro breaks, the PV is useless. Time will only tell...

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
i got my Legend in Friday. yea... im excited. still in the envelope and all.
prolly do an opening on Monday, maybe video tape it.
i bought the full kit (and yes, it was from fasttech and took about 3 weeks to get it, but it was the full kit instead of the partial kit and was same price as the cheapest partial kit sold in the US)

from my light research in December, it seems to be the only apv that has something the provari doesn't (not including the sub-ohm build capability of course).
And yeah, i want to wave it and conjure up magically made 1.5 ohm coils (you never know til you try). hah.

:2c:
Happy Vaping / Be Healthy / Happy New Year.

Romul

Feb 22, 2012
Slovenia
I got a zmax V5 kit yesteday,so i wanted to give those thinking of buying a warning.While the device itself seems to be pretty good, the batteries it comes with are not(worse than standard generic kit batteries),and they are the same batteries that come in the Legend kit. With these batteries you wont get anywhere near the 15 Watts that the device is marketed as they are by my calculations probably 2 amp ICR,but even if they are just 2amp they should hit 15W with a 2.4ohm load and 6v,but they dont:(
I have heard that V3 telescope came with different batteries that manged 15W(they were supposedly dark blue,and these ones are light blue)

In short:get either of these 2 mods,but i would stay away from kits with their batteries

p.s.:if anybody bought either with these batteries and has had different experiences,i would be grateful for the info

Edit:calculations for it hiting 15W at 2.4ohm was if the batteries were 2.5A,so most likely they are just 2A,which means you cant get 15W no matter what load you put on.

hf vaping

Last edited:

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
im still shopping for a topper but won't be doing that until i test out the battery mine is supposed to come with and just see if i like it all around. just gonna use the i30 it comes with and see how that goes first (flavor/vape not a big issue for now, i see all the interest online about it and all but im here to stop the analogs first and foremost, the hobby part is just incidental and not truly necessary).
the V5 ... was my alternate choice if i coulda found it in the black chrome finish, and at the time, there wasn't one available that was cheaper than the Legend. Anyhow, got the base and now just need to decide when imma go do the rba step on the topper. might not be worth the hassle.

I got a zmax V5 kit yesteday,so i wanted to give those thinking of buying a warning.While the device itself seems to be pretty good, the batteries it comes with are not(worse than standard generic kit batteries),and they are the same batteries that come in the Legend kit. With these batteries you wont get anywhere near the 15 Watts that the device is marketed as they are by my calculations probably 2 amp ICR,but even if they are just 2amp they should hit 15W with a 2.4ohm load and 6v,but they dont:(
I have heard that V3 telescope came with different batteries that manged 15W(they were supposedly dark blue,and these ones are light blue)

In short:get either of these 2 mods,but i would stay away from kits with their batteries

p.s.:if anybody bought either with these batteries and has had different experiences,i would be grateful for the info

hf vaping

Romul

Feb 22, 2012
Slovenia
ok,please post a reply how your batteries work when you get them.
I too was looking at the Legend,seems my brother is gonna get that one:)
apart from the batteries they both look well made and both are pretty good looking imho,you do get 0.1 steps for W in Legend with zmax having 0.5 steps,but when i held them both in my hands the Legend was just a bit too heavy for my taste. Though my brother liked it,since is 20cm taller and has big hands:)
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread