The Smoov REV and Vision Spinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallmf66

Sep 29, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I was using a lavatube for awhile, but wanted something smaller more practical, but also HAD to keep the variable voltage. Of course the ego twist was my first thought, but heard a lot of negatives. So I got the Vision Spinner. At first, LOVED it. Did everything my lavatube did, but was half the size, and way better looking (chrome). Actually, I thought it preformed better than the lavatube with my vivi novas.

I turned my friend on to the Spinner, and he quickly got himself one from Mad Vapes. He was not so happy. It worked Great... problem was after about 3 days of use, the button got stuck inside the unit. He obviously contacted mad vapes to return it and had a horrible experience. According to him, they were rude, and when he asked to talk to a "Manager" they simply told him that the "manager" probably would not call him back. SO long story short, he had to send back his Spinner to mad vapes AND had to pay the shipping which was NOT refunded. He had to wait about a week, without any ecig, and then got another spinner in the mail. He had this one for about 2 weeks tops, and then sure enough, the button got stuck inside the battery AGAIN. Now after another unpleasant experience with mad vapes, he is sending this one back AND paying postage AGAIN. Obviously, my friend was not too happy.

At this point, I had had my spinner for about a month and 1/2 ... and I loved it. UNTIL, yep, you guessed it.... MY button got stuck inside the battery. My battery was over the month warranty and Rather than deal with the experience my friend had with Mad Vapes, I just sucked it up and went to a local store to see what they had.

Here, I found the SMOOV REV. Which is basically IDENTICAL to the spinner. I was actually told by the salesman that they had a huge problem with the Spinners and the button sticking problem. And that the "manufacturer" in China had re-branded the spinner under the SMOOV name and fixed the button problem. Now, I don't know if there is any truth to this story... BUT I LOVE MY SMOOV REV. SO FAR, it is everything I loved about the spinner, without the button problem. PLUS it comes with a free charger in the box! Its got the beautiful rubberized finish and the colors are these nice dark, vibrant colors. I got red and its the coolest "red" i have ever scene. AND it seems to be fairly scratch resistant so far. I've dropped it once or twice and have had it in and out of my pocket with other things, and still not a mark on it. Performance wise, its awesome. Couldn't ask for anything more. The vari volt goes as high and as low as i would ever want it to. NO Problems with the new SMOOV REV so far. I love it, unlike the Vision Spinner and its apparently notorious button sticking problem...

Hallmf66

Sep 29, 2012
Buffalo, NY
That's great news. Glad that they don't ALL have this button issue. But either way, my friend is on his third one within a month, then mine went also. Plus the people at the local shop said that was the #1 problem with the spinners and that they had so many returns, they had to contact the manufacturer to "fix the problem". I'm just hoping this REV holds up, because I love the REV/Spinner design. Big batterie performance without carrying a cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread