Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
Hi all..

just thought I'd put this out there and see what others experiences were regarding the social aspect of vaping.

When I was a smoker, for me the best part of it was joining other smokers in a huddled mass discussing well, everything but smoking.
For someone that struggled with social interaction or initiating any conversation, I found the old "can i borrow a light?" started a few workplace friendships etc..

I must admit that when I decided to quit, I worried slightly that it wouldn't be as simple.
However, it's turned out quite the opposite, I openly vape in public at least where it isn't causing any upset to non smokers and so on.. I've found that I don't have to start a conversation while standing around in the vicinity of a bunch of people I don't know as they'll question me about what it is I'm doing and being enthusiastic about vaping and what it's done for me, I've had a few people ask for advice on a good first kit or recommendations on stores and juices and lest I forget the obligatory nod at other vapers at local stores and the comparison discussions of various set ups.

So all in all, vaping has done things for me I never intended, not only has it made me healthier but it's made me a more confident individual!.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I’m sure the wrong person to be responding to this post. I live so far out in the boonies I’ve yet to be asked what I’m “smoking.” I’m glad it’s been so positive for you. Some day some smoker will ask me about my PV and I hope I’m up to the task of helping them eventually convert to vaping. Keep up the good work! :toast:

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
I’m sure the wrong person to be responding to this post. I live so far out in the boonies I’ve yet to be asked what I’m “smoking.” I’m glad it’s been so positive for you. Some day some smoker will ask me about my PV and I hope I’m up to the task of helping them eventually convert to vaping. Keep up the good work! :toast:

I'm sure you will be, just general enthusiasm for vaping usually wins most smokers over, they wouldn't be asking if sub conciously at least they weren't looking for a way to break the habit.

I've only had one die hard smoker who said.."I'll stick with cigs, it may kill me but I won't look weird".

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
I have found I "hide" my vaping more than I ever did my smoking.
Not to sound like an ..., but the weird looks and resulting questions and the same conversation over and over are starting to drive me crazy.
I just want to get my vape on..
You know what I mean?

Maybe it's just me, and I am an ....

j.

Haha! It can get bothersome I have no doubt, but ya know, I take any human interaction I can now for fear of slipping back in to a trembling wreck when around other people.

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
I however, embrace my hermitism

(I just invented a word, you're welcome)

People, I have found, are mostly idiots..
YMMV.

j.

If it's any indication of how most people drive, I 100% agree :laugh:

Amazing how many crappy, inconsiderate/unaware drivers are on the road. It's almost freighting that they are allowed to drive at all.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I spend a good part of my day here reading and learning. Most of which i tell my wife all about. Just to educate her and what we are doing. We go out in public and vape and hang out with friends that smoke. People ask about vaping and my wife is the one that takes the lead. Of course i give her this confused look and just run with it. I find it funny how everything i teach her she then uses to teach others. lol At least the knowledge is getting out there and it is helping others to quit as well.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I spend a good part of my day here reading and learning. Most of which i tell my wife all about. Just to educate her and what we are doing. We go out in public and vape and hang out with friends that smoke. People ask about vaping and my wife is the one that takes the lead. Of course i give her this confused look and just run with it. I find it funny how everything i teach her she then uses to teach others. lol At least the knowledge is getting out there and it is helping others to quit as well.

Mr. Robin teases me about talking to people about vaping. But then he surprises me also and refers people to me to get more info on ecigs. :D

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
So all in all, vaping has done things for me I never intended, not only has it made me healthier but it's made me a more confident individual!.

And the law of 'unintended consequences' strikes once again! Glad to hear things have worked out on such a positive note for you...

Have had similar experiences with vaping... Mine seem mostly to be when I'm in the car in traffic... See other vapors and experience that 'smile and nod', with perhaps a little wave now and again, as we each go our separate ways... Too, when I'm out I carry my mod on a lanyard which always gets a few questions from folk who don't vape and works as a great conversation starter with fellow vapers... :)

ishappinessspoonfed

Oct 21, 2013
boise
The thing about it is, you can still hang with smokers. There is a smoke shed at my work and I have to vape in there because they make me vape there. I still hang out with the same smokers, but grimace a little since I hate the smell of it now. However, now I get to know the same comraderie with Vapers at the vape shops. I have met some new people that way. You can start the conversation just by saying, "Hey, whatcha vaping." It is a valid question. There are a myriad of wonderful juices and I am always looking for different kinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread