The state of subohm tanks as of the end of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
The subox is pretty much designed with you in mind. Not really high performance like a starre or Arctic but a great middle ground with style in mind.

I'm guessing the mvp has it's battery dying? I'd never bought a mod with the battery built in like the mvps for that exact reason.
actually no, the battery has been fantastic. it and the mvp2 i had before never had any issues on battery life. In fact both would easily go for 2+ days of all day vaping between charges. Its reading ohms incorrectly each fire, sometimes way way off. Like reading a .9 ohm coil as 6 ohms, and burning the crap out of the coil. it also shuts off randomly and needs to be plugged back in to a wall socket to get going again. Basically it has become unusable.

lsprn

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2015
actually no, the battery has been fantastic. it and the mvp2 i had before never had any issues on battery life. In fact both would easily go for 2+ days of all day vaping between charges. Its reading ohms incorrectly each fire, sometimes way way off. Like reading a .9 ohm coil as 6 ohms, and burning the crap out of the coil. it also shuts off randomly and needs to be plugged back in to a wall socket to get going again. Basically it has become unusable.
How long have you had your MVP? Only reason I ask is bc we own several..MVP 20watt, 30watt, and the Pro (2)..just wanna know what I should be looking out for..Thanks.
Never had to reprime them, ah I dunno..
I will try the Vertical coils, thanks :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Tanks, hmmm.... never had a problem with any of my 3 tanks........ I suppose I have been "lucky", even though I don't believe in luck per say because I always hear folks talk about leaking clearomizers, problems with coils and the like and I have had ZERO of any of those types of problems. Also, I don't understand why more people are not rebuilding their Atlantis and Arctic coils in order to avoid the costs of purchasing factory ones. Yes, they are slightly more difficult to work on than say a large RDA/RBA deck but they are very easy once you get used to it.

As far as clearomizers are concerned my goto one is the Arctic v2 for the current time. I also can't understand why folks talk about the difficulty filling this tank. Sure it only has two small spots in which to fill it from, which is far smaller than lots of tanks but it doesn't seem difficult to me. I just use a point tip dropper and squirt the eliquid in one of the side slots. Since I have owned the Arctic tank I have NEVER ONCE had a dry hit and I run some of the thickest juice you can imagine. I can chain vape on the thing and never a dry hit. Most of the newer made tanks out there are good for thick fluids and lots of airflow and I like most all of them.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2015
    MIDWEST USA
    I went to a local vape shop about a month ago and tested out the Herakles, the Aspire Atlantis v1 and v2, and the Arctic - and came home with the Arctic v2 (5ml, afc in drip tip) - and I got a boatload of .2ohm coils from somewhere for dirt cheap. Since then, I've also got a Starre tank and a Sig 150W to go with my iStick 50... now I have two tanks that I can play with. So far that I can see, they are both nearly identical in performance (for me) - and I vape them at 50W with the .2ohm coils... Now I'm looking for Starre coils and I can't get over the price for these coils! The Arctic coils are barely $1 a coil! The Starre's are over $2 a coil! Coil prices aside (I'll order from FT and save some $$) - If I don't actually look at my tank when I reach for them, I can't tell the difference. Both are loaded with the same juice (my own Max VG stuff) and they're on the same wattage - same great airflow, same great flavor, same massive clouds of vapor.... There are some niggling differences but I still tend to favor my arctic. Vape On!!

Where are you getting Arctic coils for a $1 each!?

SteveElbows

Jul 6, 2015
    Midlands, UK
    For me right now is not the best moment to rejudge the state of subohm tanks, mostly because I'm waiting to see how the aspire triton goes down with the masses. And also how pre-subox subtank owners get on with the updated vertical coils or the new RBA or subtank mini once those items are very widely available beyond the kit.

So far what I'm most optimistic about with the above is that they offer at least the hope of a reasonable experience for those who want mouth to lung hits or to not go sub-ohm at all but want to use these newer products. So far I can only comment on the subtank 1.5 ohm vertical coil, used by me in the original subtank mini and the subtank plus, usually at anywhere from 13 to 20 watts. And I've only been using them for 2 days so far. Very happy with them, but not so happy that I've lost all interest in the aspire triton. Mostly because I don't know if Kanger will win on flavour and although the air flow rate with these coils seems close to right for my particular mouth-to-lung needs, I could still use a slightly more restricted flow than is available with that coil on either of those tanks. Real close though.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2015
    MIDWEST USA
    I've also had zero issues with 5 different Subtanks now but ..

Damn you SD3614 now I have to order a Crown to sit on the Sig150.

Good additions to the wall of text for sure. Thanks!

Well I have 1 of my New Crowns packaged with a 5ML Arctic and a Maganus V2 in the classies right now. :)

But yeah.. the Crown can hold the power better than all of them. I love all three though.

Reactions: Zod

Zod

ECF Veteran
    Dec 4, 2010
    Salt Lake
    Well I have 1 of my New Crowns packaged with a 5ML Arctic and a Maganus V2 in the classies right now. :)

But yeah.. the Crown can hold the power better than all of them. I love all three though.
    Too slow! I've already moved to the Sigelei Elite and Smok TCT Pro while I'm putting the IPV3Li through it's paces. Also brought the Infinite CLTV3 out to do a nickel build on it. Pretty good so far..

As it sits..
    Sigelei Elite - Subtank flavor with noticeably more airflow. This is probably what the subtank should have been to begin with but alas, no RBA. I love the blue orings. Just a real solid tank for you 20-30 watt guys. Temp control works similar to the Subtank's nickel heads but of course with more airflow. Props on Sigelei's first foray into tanks.

Smok TCT Pro - I'd heard good things but kind of ignored Smok as another "me too" in the tank world after the VCT. This thing's so much better than the VCT or even VCT Pro. Tip was updated with 2 orings so it sits solid. This is the first tank where I've thought "That's too much airflow." You can breathe through this tank. Gobs of flavor and vapor. Temp control has been working great. I can honestly only knock it for being hard to open as it has the free spinning AFC ring like the Arctic and sometimes it can be a struggle to grip especially if you have even a tiny bit of juice on your fingers.

Of course both are only a week old so the first heads are still sitting well on juice flow and I'm also using TC so even if it was slowing down it will take longer to notice. Maybe TC is the answer to what I've been looking for in the first place?

Reactions: sd3614
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread