Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I try to be careful, but...well, whatever mod I take out as my "go everywhere" device is gonna get a little beat up.
I took my Grand on the road last week as usual.
And yep, dropped it. HARD, too - hard enough that there's a gouge in the Router drip tip, which is a pretty solid hunk of stainless. Anyway - the door wouldn't go down. Went UP OK, and fortunately, had a Nuppin on it, not a 22 mm atty. But would not go down, not a mm.

I have since repaired my Grand. Again.
How? Brute force.
Good as new.
THAT is why my Reo is a road unit - it's been dropped a dozen times, has a few scratches, and vapes perfectly.

My P67 is staying home for now - it's all shiney and perfect, lol...but we'll see...

Yeah I've got my old (newly updated 510&contacts) TRA that I'll take out right me that can take a beating.. still need to order the same in the p67. :)

Wife would prob shoot me though.. after the new tv and now gona grab a new Denon x4200 reciever for atmos sound and install 4 ceiling speakers.. yeah. She's not happy with me lately! Plus it's always that time of the month when I bring up a large purchase! Everytime! Good thing I don't have a gun in the house.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Good grief! I shudder at the thought of dropping a mod; Reo or otherwise. I'm paranoid about it; especially the Woodvils. I carry them around like Raw eggs. In 5 years, I think the only time I ever dropped a mod was in the parking lot at the golf course. It was a Provari, which was in a side pocket of my golf bag. It survived the fall with only the loss of one of the tiny screws that hold the window.
That's why I don't use the Woodvil or the DLaws Rapter 120watt Squonker. I'm a bit of a clutz.. Woodvils are too nice for me. That Boykin Rapter usually stays in its box because it was a gift and custom made for the Dogstar.
1447779245332.jpg

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I can drop-kick, floor board dribble and/ or shirt pocket launch just about anything. And I usually do. I have two Grands that go to work (trucking) with me. They have had a rough life do far, but no problems out of either of them. Ever.
Which is why I love Reos Mods. They survive me.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I can drop-kick, floor board dribble and/ or shirt pocket launch just about anything. And I usually do. I have two Grands that go to work (trucking) with me. They have had a rough life do far, but no problems out of either of them. Ever.
Which is why I love Reos Mods. They survive me.
Exactly. :lol:

Reactions: PapawBrett

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm retired, so my Reos are usually in pretty safe environs, like my den, which is carpeted, in the yard, the golf course, or my truck. If I was still working, which was in construction, I'm sure they would have suffered much abuse. But they are pretty indestructible.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
@mommabird62 is now the caretaker of Josey the Woodvil..Momma, care to post on this..lol
She knows I'm a clutz. :wub:

I can vouch for that [emoji4] My brother has her right now. Finally got him off the stinkies and gave him a bunch of gear. Was hoping he would take to squonking but I think he prefers tanks. Gave him an old MVP, Nautilus combo, an SXmini with a Subtank and he's hooked on those. So Josey is probably going to come back home [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Rachel

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Overnight run. Sitting in a hard packed gravel lot that serves as a truck parking area next to a Hardee's in Duffieid VA. Surrounded by the low mountains of southwest Virginia. Light rain gently falling on the roof of the truck. Belly full of hot ham and cheese, side of fries. Traffic along the main drag in waning. Setting sun barely able to penetrate the cloud cover. Another night away from home. One of many, but this is how a trucker pays the mortgage. And on this job I only spend one night a week out, so stretching my legs once a week isn't too terribly bad.
And by sunrise I'll be back in the Carolinas, going by Rick's place in the morning. Unless he's moved again.....

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
That's why I don't use the Woodvil or the DLaws Rapter 120watt Squonker. I'm a bit of a clutz.. Woodvils are too nice for me. That Boykin Rapter usually stays in its box because it was a gift and custom made for the Dogstar. View attachment 539255

Love that box dogstar! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Rachel

Reactions: Sirius

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
My favorite REO is my TRA, ( now sanded) Grand with a used fully darkened copper vein door. It was an oldie with the squarish corners on the back, so I took some sand paper and re-radiused the edges to be more like the newer Grands. Then sent it off to Rob for a haircut and an adjustable 510...I wouldn't trade it for the world, I just love that thing more than any other mod I have.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Got a second Stumpy in the mail today. I had shelved the one I have had, for a while, in favor of some other attys I use. But I resurrected it when I got my first P67. I didn't like it, or any other side air attys on my Woodvils. But I love the Stumpy on the P67, so I got a second one. Anybody on the fence about the Stumpy, it really is a great atty.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Overnight run. Sitting in a hard packed gravel lot that serves as a truck parking area next to a Hardee's in Duffieid VA. Surrounded by the low mountains of southwest Virginia. Light rain gently falling on the roof of the truck. Belly full of hot ham and cheese, side of fries. Traffic along the main drag in waning. Setting sun barely able to penetrate the cloud cover. Another night away from home. One of many, but this is how a trucker pays the mortgage. And on this job I only spend one night a week out, so stretching my legs once a week isn't too terribly bad.
And by sunrise I'll be back in the Carolinas, going by Rick's place in the morning. Unless he's moved again.....
PapawPoetry...

nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread