Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
So I guess this happened last night in another forum on ECF and it pains me that misinformation like this gets spread...

The web site is still going, and he's there to repair, and whatever else you need ... but he's done with making any more Reo's for now (unless he changes his mind later).
He's going to make guitars now:thumbs:
I can't get the quote feature on Rob's post because the Reo forum is closed, but I will just copy and paste the context here...

"I am not going out of business but I am slowing down . I will still be selling mods doing repairs no worries on that front . If you need to contact me you can email me anytime . I have given up many things in life to run this business . I am ready to semi retire and work on some other projects . I no this is going to bother some people its not my intent . I have met lots of great people here on ecf some will be my friends forever . Ecf has been good to me I am a big fan of ecf . I am down sizing it will be only me running the shop shortly . I thought it was only fair I didn't want you to show up and find the forum gone with no warning ."

and here is a link to said post... Closing the forum

"There was a time years ago I was definitely a big help to many people that couldn't quit smoking without a device like a reo . Of course that is not the case any more and lets not forget I am still making mods just not as many."

and here is a link to said post... Closing the forum

It is true that Rob is going to take some time in his semi-retirement and will be using said time to create a new guitar, but he is not done making Reo's at all, as he pointed out in his last thread...

Just taking a moment to set the record straight was all.....
Exactly. All one has to do is go on the reosmods.com site and contact Rob. He'll fix you right up with the mod of your choice.
I've about had it with the adjustable pin on the 510 on LPG #2. Thinking about getting the old style installed at The Spa.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I think Rob said that he had around 1000 mods in stock, not counting the P67's. I believe he made that remark the night the P67 went on sale. Last time I looked he has plenty of RBA's in stock as well.
I see no need for a mod from China. It would not surprise me if there are still Reos available for a year.
And who knows, maybe Rob will get a creative itch nine months from now ?

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Did Rob ever have an atomizer like the O-16? If so, I wonder if he still has any for sale?

Thanks
I don't recall seeing anything similar to the O-16 or I would have grabbed them all! I've been a hard-core lover of RM2's (enlarged air hole) until I got my first O-16 about a month back. The second one is in the mail and on its way to me

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
This is so funny! A very similar conversation about drilling a hole in RM2's is going on in the technical thread! Love how we think alike. I don't know how the exact diameter of the holes I've drilled but I do know it's the next drill size up. (Can you tell that the drill bits are down in the garage and that I am sleepy....sorry).

Suchtie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2014
Vienna / Austria
A new REO has landed in Vienna :D

Grand-red-SL-LP.jpg
Grad-SL-LP-red.jpg

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I've about had it with the adjustable pin on the 510 on LPG #2. Thinking about getting the old style installed at The Spa.

Not sure they are still available. I personally prefer the old style 510 connector. Just seems more durable to me....

I may be wrong, but I think there are 510 rebuild kits up on the site with the old connector. They sorta stand out because they cost a lot more than the new style rebuild kits.

Lemme go look...

These ones maybe?

Grand:

Reo grand repair kit old style

And mini:

Reo mini -mini 2.1- 2.0 repair kit

As opposed to the one on the site that specifically says it's a rebuild kit for the adjustable 510.

Of course, if in doubt give Rob a call or e-mail before ordering anything. (Give him a call - I think he's lonely. lol)

Reactions: PapawBrett
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread