Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Those Steam Turbines are absolutely amazing looking atomizers, makes me wish I liked Genesis atomizers. I dont know, Ive given them a try a few times and they are not for me. I even tried building them with silica instead, but too hot and leaks. I know that with mesh you can build them to not leak as much, but with silica just not worth it for me.

If I had a ton of money Id buy one and have it adapted as a cover for my Odys.

Tanrichguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Rochester, NY
Those Steam Turbines are absolutely amazing looking atomizers, makes me wish I liked Genesis atomizers. I dont know, Ive given them a try a few times and they are not for me. I even tried building them with silica instead, but too hot and leaks. I know that with mesh you can build them to not leak as much, but with silica just not worth it for me.

If I had a ton of money Id buy one and have it adapted as a cover for my Odys.

The setup in your signature looks really trick.

I'm not wedded to a genesis unit but I like the way they function in general and I would definitely prefer a tank setup over a dripping atty.

I was also looking at the Ithaka. The only concern I have there is it has a bloody plastic tank.

Any experience with that unit?

Edit: I am aware the Ithaka is not a genesis style atty :)

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The plastic is a good grade plastic, but it seems thinner than the older plastics GG had. I think what happened was that Imeo stated that the new plastic was going to be unbreakable no matter what juice was used. This created a false security and people used Pluid and other strong juices that cracked the tank. Ive used GG and Kir tanks and most juices never phased them.

I dont know why Imeo was so adamant about the new plastic being indestructible. Many wanted the steel tank option but he said that was not needed. Well, we saw what happened. People got their new Ithakas and ruined the plastic right away and had to find other options or be with out the Ithaka till he made the new steel part.

You can set up Ithaka as well as Ody and Penelope with mesh. There are many videos on how to. Look for Bishopheals how tos on YouTube. I think in the past many people thought silica atomizers were on the weak side of vaping. Now we see that it can be setup for sub ohm vaping with out the past problems of dry burns and the cheap silica that could not tolerate the heat. Also in the past we had the bad silica that fell apart and got in our skin and irritated.

Its all choices and experience. I know that Ithaka has changed a lot of genesis lovers into appreciating silica.

The other atomizer that has changed peoples opinions of silica is the Kayfun. Very much like GG but only uses one wire and because of the shape of the cone it is a warmer vape.

Last edited:

Tanrichguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Rochester, NY
I have seen reviews on the kayfun and gg's atty's as well. They all seem to be quality units.

I'm not a silica hater by any means. It just occurs to me that the genesis setup is a little easier in the long run. No worries with resistance/no resistance wire and the like.

I probably won't be vaping sub-ohm either. I like a warmish vape but not too warm. I figure I would build my coils somewhere around 1.5 ohms give or take.

At the end it comes down to what is available. Most all the RBA's I have seen that might complement the ELA are sold out with no replenishment in sight. I'm sure this is a common complaint.

I might end up buying an Ithaka just because its available lol.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
I have seen reviews on the kayfun and gg's atty's as well. They all seem to be quality units.

I'm not a silica hater by any means. It just occurs to me that the genesis setup is a little easier in the long run. No worries with resistance/no resistance wire and the like.

I probably won't be vaping sub-ohm either. I like a warmish vape but not too warm. I figure I would build my coils somewhere around 1.5 ohms give or take.

At the end it comes down to what is available. Most all the RBA's I have seen that might complement the ELA are sold out with no replenishment in sight. I'm sure this is a common complaint.

I might end up buying an Ithaka just because its available lol.

A Kayfun is way easier to deal with than any genesis, just a heads up. ;)

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Personally, I like the Ithaka best. I now have two and got a steel window, as well, even though I don't usually use any plastic-unfriendly juices. While the Kayfun is easier to set up and is a good vape, there's something about it that just doesn't tickle my fancy quite right, though I'll give it a few more builds before I totally pass judgement on it.

Tanrichguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Rochester, NY
It is 24mm at its widest parts, its listed in the sticky threads here on the Super -T forum. The Precise Plus is 22mm. Im sure that someone will chime in with more "precise" measurements:)

Thanks! Didn't occur to me to look in stickies. So I'm sure a 22mm dia. atty should do nicely then.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yes, I dont think there are too many that are wider, I think the ones I use are Odysseus's they are a tad less than 23 and a tad wider than 22. Thats why I kept avoiding the Precise Plus, I dont mind the Pv being wider than the atomizer, but there is something that just makes my mind a bit askew when the atomizer is wider than the PV.

Tanrichguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Rochester, NY
Sent you a PM with link

Thank you for that link. I looked at the Kayfun and was going to click on that "Order" button but then thought better of it.

If my ELA order is going to take 10 weeks to fulfill then I have plenty of time to find the perfect atty.

So far Doc Dave's stuff is up there and I really like the look of the Foggatti too.

Tanrichguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Rochester, NY
Yes, I dont think there are too many that are wider, I think the ones I use are Odysseus's they are a tad less than 23 and a tad wider than 22. Thats why I kept avoiding the Precise Plus, I dont mind the Pv being wider than the atomizer, but there is something that just makes my mind a bit askew when the atomizer is wider than the PV.

Agreed. And that Odysseus looks really nice.

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
It is 24mm at its widest parts, its listed in the sticky threads here on the Super -T forum. The Precise Plus is 22mm. Im sure that someone will chime in with more "precise" measurements:)

Actually, the P+ has an OD of 20mm. I just measured the ELA with some calipers. 24mm at the top cap, 21mm at the extension tube, just under 25mm at the knurled ring, and 23mm at the main body tube. KF is 22mm. Ithaka is 23mm at the tank and 24mm at the knurled ring.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
If you know where I can get one please let me know. Lol.

I think it's easier to get moon rocks than some of these RBA's

You are not looking hard enough... :)

Kayfuns have been relatively easy to find for some time now. The last week Kayfun Lites have been sold numerous places.
They seem to get them in fairly often.

Tanrichguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Rochester, NY
You are not looking hard enough... :)

Kayfuns have been relatively easy to find for some time now. The last week Kayfun Lites have been sold numerous places.
They seem to get them in fairly often.

It's not that I'm not looking hard enough, it's that I just started looking. And vaping, for that matter. I am only two weeks in and although I have prowled the forums and YouTube, I have yet to become familiar with all the various brands and vendors.

I decided that I wanted to step up to a mech mod, stumbled across Super-T, liked what I saw and ordered the ELA.

Thanks for the link for the Kayfun Lite. I'll get on the notification thing.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
VapeRev had some KayFun Lite's in stock but they didn't last long..

I don't think I would call them 'easy to get' but it's not impossible to score one. You have to sign up for a few 'notify me when in stock' lists and / or get lucky.

VapeRev currently has the KayFun 3.1 Brushed available but for how long who knows..

Kayfun 3.1 Brushed

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
It's not that I'm not looking hard enough, it's that I just started looking. And vaping, for that matter. I am only two weeks in and although I have prowled the forums and YouTube, I have yet to become familiar with all the various brands and vendors.

I decided that I wanted to step up to a mech mod, stumbled across Super-T, liked what I saw and ordered the ELA.

Thanks for the link for the Kayfun Lite. I'll get on the notification thing.

You really lucked out stumbling on an ELA. It's the one that'll do anything you want without having to devote your life to it.

Tanrichguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Rochester, NY
You really lucked out stumbling on an ELA. It's the one that'll do anything you want without having to devote your life to it.

Agreed! I just watched Todd's YouTube review of the ELA and it just confirms my order. Can't wait!

One thing that he mentioned in the review caught my attention: the venting if using an 18350. Has this been addressed? Or was he missing something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread