The time has come to quit vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
A little over 2 years ago I ended a 30 year smoking habit, that was up to 2 packs a day, with vaping. I never would have thought this was possible. Now I feel the time has come to step away from the vape. It's been a good run and I have had fun with it but the end is near. I've weaned myself down on the nicotine and can go for hours without a care. I shall be forever grateful to this wonderful way I got off the smokes. Peace.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Way to go!

Sometimes we forget that our little vaping "hobby" is much different than baseball cards, Harleys or other things people are passionate about. Vaping can be fun, but at the end of the day, it can't be considered good for you except in its ability to get people off the smokes.

Are you keeping at least one setup "just in case"?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
A little over 2 years ago I ended a 30 year smoking habit, that was up to 2 packs a day, with vaping. I never would have thought this was possible. Now I feel the time has come to step away from the vape. It's been a good run and I have had fun with it but the end is near. I've weaned myself down on the nicotine and can go for hours without a care. I shall be forever grateful to this wonderful way I got off the smokes. Peace.

Hats off to you !
This is something to really be proud of !

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's fantastic, congratulations! I'm so early to the vape scene, I doubt I'll be ready for awhile..... But who knows. All I know is, it can totally be done, my kiddo gave up vaping entirely after 18 months.... LOL, he turned into an adult, who makes his own decisions, he was tired of smashing glass tanks, and wanted to *buy more other stuff* not support his sub-ohm vape habit (he went through a lot of liquid).

He did amazingly well and reported, "It's just not that hard if you just do it and try not to think about it," LOL, I doubt he would have been feeling that way if it was cigarettes, which he started out on, underage, without my consent or knowledge, like many children of smokers. I'm hoping I *never* catch up to his quit date, while maintaining my own vape only date.

All the best to you!

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Hello! I am also working on trying to quit vaping. I've had a couple setbacks, so just remember it's okay to have them. In the end, we keep moving forward to being addiction free!

If you need any tips or encouragement, I'm here if you ever need!

Just to tell you, once I returned to smoking when I quit vaping (instead of returning to vaping) because I threw away all my gear.. I don't want that to happen to you, so my advice is for you to realize you MIGHT have a setback and want a vape, if that day comes, do try and make sure you have a vape to go back to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread