DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Time to nip this crap in the bud.
That time passed about three years ago.
It's not a bud anymore, it's a mature and full-grown flowering plant.

We missed our chance to rise up.
So now we better stock up.

Still hoping to be wrong though.
It seems A Billion Lives, lawsuits, and HR 2058 are what we have left.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
The two referenced Times articles are on page 4, and the Times editorial is on page 21 at
http://ambamarblearch-media.com/sites/default/files/dpp_files/TT.pdf

The Times defamed public health experts Fagerstrom, Sweanor, Bates and Polosa just because they talked to tobacco company employees about vapor products and other low risk smokefree alternatives to cigarettes; The Times editorial falsely accused them of “Attending jollies on the tobacconist’s dime” while also claiming “Critics will seize on news of industry hospitality and financial deals to undermine evidence of vaping’s benefits and resurrect old arguments for more prohibitive legislation.”

Some excerpts
Univ of Bath’s Anna Gilmore slanders health advocates “This is a tobacco industry conference and I don’t think there is any role for public health researchers attending. No good to public health has ever come through working with the tobacco industry.”

Martin Mckee slanders health advocates “No real public health or health-related academic would be seen dead at [tobacco conferences]. Academics who turn up say ‘we need to have a dialogue’ and insist it’s all changed due to e-cigarettes. But frankly no one believes it. It’s not plausible.”

CRUK’s George Butterworth deceitfully claims “Tobacco companies market e-cigarettes as a lifestyle choice as opposed to a method of quitting,” “The tobacco industry has a long history of producing misleading research,” and “We would be very worried about trusting any research produced by someone associated with these companies.”

Last edited:

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Reactions: LaraC

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
This is not America anymore. I am so disgusted. Lies, deceit, manipulation and GREED. One sees it, hears it and lives it every single day. Gone are the days of integrity and truth. Sorry but I have had enough of this. It wasn't enough that I quit and I can now walk without coughing up a lung-they want more.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
This is not America anymore. I am so disgusted. Lies, deceit, manipulation and GREED. One sees it, hears it and lives it every single day. Gone are the days of integrity and truth. Sorry but I have had enough of this. It wasn't enough that I quit and I can now walk without coughing up a lung-they want more.

You are 100% correct , the main stream media as a whole never ever tells the truth , it's outrageous .

Reactions: DC2

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
I don't care where they are from. This is happening all over. Look how hard we have been fighting for our right to quit smoking our way. We didn't do it their way so now we pay and how many smokers will suffer because of their self righteous ideology? I am sick and tired of losing our freedoms. Damn it I quit after 46 years of trying and all I hear is lies, illegitimate "scientific" papers and a piece of metal or a non nicotine eliquid is a tobacco product. Foolishness. Period.

LaraC

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
Tennessee
Someone tell me where in the world I came up with the word foolishness? I'm losing my mind over this issue and the campaigns.
:lol::lol:

Awww, it was/is a great word. Sounds a little like old-speak, which I appreciate more than I ever imagined I could. :lol:

I know what you mean about losing one's mind over all the foolishness out there. ;)

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
CRUK’s George Butterworth deceitfully claims “Tobacco companies market e-cigarettes as a lifestyle choice as opposed to a method of quitting,”

And in fact the FDA has declared it illegal to market vaping products as "a method of quitting". Priceless BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread