Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

Mm9xHiv.jpg

1cNxa64.png

(In Honor of "Glassmanoak" & The vape Tree threads)

7FCp2vF.gif
sNJFjHA.gif

To a place that feels like home...
Who We Are:

First - A brief history about "Glassmanoak" & The vape Tree . . .
(Leonard "Butch" Sherman: December 12, 1943 - March 24, 2017)

"Glassmanoak" (aka “GMO”/Sherman) joined ECF February 12, 2012 and was a very active member, especially in the E-Liquid DIY groups. Matter of fact, “GMO” posted a number of ECF Blogs (glassmanoak's blog | E-Cigarette Forum ) about DIY E-Liquids, Flavoring, and promoting DIY Safety, etc. to share his knowledge with others too.​

Then after 2 years, he finally started his own E-Liquid company The Vape Tree, because he was determined . . .

to introduce what [he] and others believe to be a unique and full bodied premium e-liquid to the Vaping community, especially to help people quit smoking. (“Glassmanoak”, 2014)​

And - When he became a Registered Supplier on ECF in February 1, 2014 “GMO” didn’t want to just promote The Vape Tree brand and gain new customers, he wanted to do even more . . .

“Even before I had started The Vape Tree . . . I always believed in and supported the PIF movement wholeheartedly, particularly so that people can be helped during tough times! So, Been there - Done that !!! More importantly, I will always continue to do so, no matter what happens in the future.” (“Glassmanoak” 2014)​

SO - In an effort to give back to the Vaping community that he loved, GMO held one of the more generous regular weekly contests among e-liquid vendors, offering two 15ml bottles for a post and a bonus 15ml bottle if the winning post had the image or emoticon of a tree.

After a while and many a discussion with the “Contest Helper” ;), the decision was made to differentiate The Vape Tree weekly contest from others, it was required that each entry was to include "Substance" with their posts; in other words, contestants had to say something with meaning, rather than just posting a picture. That, combined with the ability to make up to six posts per day, created an atmosphere in which people not only felt inclined to converse with one another, but to also share more of their lives--including their own ups and downs--rather than just post an entry and leave. Glassmanoak wanted people to feel that they had a voice too . . .

" I view this thread as a place for all the Tree People to be able to share their lives... be it positive OR negative. I, myself, frequently need a place to "vent" and I don't hesitate to do it.. neither should anyone else!

Love you ALL!" (Glassmanoak, 2014)

We all know ECFers are a kind, generous lot and generally get along with each other, but the ability to enter multiple times each day lifted the contest to a place where many who came for a chance to win excellent juice found, instead, a group of friends - the “Tree-Peeps”.

As such - Glassmanoak’s Weekly Contest Threads became a "Safe Place" (with the watchful eyes of the Contest Helpers ;) ), allowing "Us" to communicate, learn, and share with each other - not only about "Vaping" and "The Vape Tree" Product line - but Ourselves, Family, Friends, and just life in general (even a rant here or there too) . . . Given this policy, there was and still continues today a mutual respect shown to ALL "TREE-PEEPS" no matter any & all possible divisive factors - such as: national origin; political beliefs; faith/creed/religious affiliation; gender/sexual orientation; color/race classification and/or economic status . . . Also - Where a special ECF "Family" of sorts was also created – “The Tree Family”.

AND - That's one of the best things about being here, "We" support and encourage each other or just provide an ear/shoulder for one another too . . .

So - Join in the discussion . . . Post an Image/Emoticon of a Tree - with “Substance” of course. . . :facepalm:

Above all else have FUN ! ! !
waving.gif

(BTW: The above post provided by all the "Glassmanoak" Helpers, @liblue1, @CountBoredom, & "Uncle" . . . Just Sayin' . . . :D )

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
YAY!!!....Very well put @Uncle ...Thank you for carrying on what GMO started so many tears ago.......
Welcome............. to all Treefam members..OLD & NEW.....
I am honored to be a part of this "Family"!!!! and look forward to it continuing to grow....
LtwRYObdFZmxYwZT7un-6Jo_WIhsXi7fumMJnUwFe28jLv96p9iw5S4H51KO8Cj_vuWa-eXiOPTUT6w4HWcwi836S7bU8xWwZcBhMqJ0qCPiK0Yb-AkQ7WKu7Yz6HgJvZS0wLl-L

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
4/24 #1

Well done, @Uncle! Thank you for putting together such an informative welcoming message.

I'd also like to thank @glassmanoak for his efforts in helping the vaping community and providing us all with a place to call home. He was a kind and generous soul. He shall be greatly missed!

PB030707.JPG

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'd also like to thank @glassmanoak for his efforts in helping the vaping community and providing us all with a place to call home. He was a kind and generous soul. He shall be greatly missed!
I know.......I was thinking about where I would be today without all of you..sure some have come & gone....but those of us who who have stayed have gotten something that I can't even begin to explain.....it's even more than family......Sometimes I would just feel "off" all day without catching up with the Treefam.....

jpf880

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
oHIo
I know.......I was thinking about where I would be today without all of you..sure some have come & gone....but those of us who who have stayed have gotten something that I can't even begin to explain.....it's even more than family......Sometimes I would just feel "off" all day without catching up with the Treefam.....

I feel the same, even when I don't feel like posting I would still read every post everyday! The Tree Family is like home no matter where I am. Your support has helped me get through some tough times and none of it would've been possible without Glassmanoak. We will miss Sherman deeply.

FB_IMG_1485118225151.jpg

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Mornin, hear ya Blue and JPF; after coming back from w yesterday it did not feel good to see no post for the new thread. I felt disconnected and wondered how we could communicate. So glad for the new thread and a place to call home and hang out. Well gotta run, later.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good morning Treefam............
Good morning, everyone. (Wow, my first good morning in the new thread!)
Woke up before the alarm again... I need to stop doing that! :ohmy:
Yes that feels better................
What a warm & welcoming thread, hello everybody. It is good to see someone who was so passionate about vaping, seems like the man really influenced peoples lives :)
Welcome @Skold to the new Vape Tree Family thread.....
Here is your official Vape Tree Welcome........The best thread of ECF………….

tcskUHu.gif

Pull up a branch and stick around awhile....you might meet some great Treepeeps and learn something too.....
Ans yes GMO was a wonderful person....:wub:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I hear you Mac....I have almost 18 hours vacation and while that doesn't sound like much since I only do 25 hour /week it will be a full week shortly...plus I will actually get 10 days off because I only do 4 days.....I will have to decide what I want to do with that time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread