• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Ultimate Canadian E-Cig Questions Answered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Hey again folks,

It's been a long time since I posted anything because I had to move ship to my old home-town, so I figured I would come back with a demystifying post for Canadian newbies. Those whom are trying to swim through the sea of e-liquid and separate the fact from fiction have quite a task at hand and to be honest much of what they find can be quite daunting!

I will attempt to answer all of the basic questions I am asked on a regular basis; not because I don't like answering the PM's and e-mails or getting tired of them in any way, but rather because I wanted to make a public post about the REAL truths about what you need to know.

I may be a little long winded with each answer but please bear with me as I speak from real experience and a real desire to help anyone who actively wants to make the switch.

Q & A

Q - What is the "best" e-cigarette out there and where can I get it?

A - The "best" of anything in this life is a mere illusion. For example; When you bought your first car and brought it home, for that first week it's your pride and joy, the week after it is still a lot of fun, the third week it is still pretty good but by the fourth week it is just your car.

Many vapers fall prey to what I call "Better's Disease". They actively seek the next "best" device on the e-cig market in search of an intangible "perfect vaping experience" but don't kid yourself, such a device doesn't exist, unless you have a specific need that you wish to fulfill.

To find the best device for YOU, you must consider what you needs are. Do you need more battery life? Do you want more vapor? More heat? Do you need cartomizers, tanks or atomizers? Only by answering these questions can you actually determine what device will be best for you.

More often than not, a simple Joye eGo starter kit is versatile enough to provide even the most experienced vaper a great vape for nearly any type of vaper. With options like Tanks, Atomizers, Cartomizers, drip tips and so on the Joye eGo is a staple in many "expert" vapers' toolbox.

Q - What kind of e-juice tastes like a real cigarette?

A
- This is the first thing every last vaper wants and is perhaps the most disappointing aspect of vaping. There is no juice on this planet that actually tastes like a real cigarette, no if's and's or ....'s. Some juices come close but normally taste like an ashtray, unburned tobacco or taste the way a pack of cigarettes smells (that will make more sense as you try vaping different tobacco juices)

The reality is that e-juice is not being combusted like an analog cigarette, so the flavour will by nature be completely different. E-liquid is also a Glycerin/ Alcohol (Gly/col) compound so it is much sweeter than traditional tobacco products , which is the complete opposite of dry, burning tobacco in a cigarette.

My suggestion is to try flavors you are already familiar with and enjoy (If you like eating strawberries, try strawberry e-juice and so on) and I promise you will be surprised with how much you like what you try! It's not always true that you will love every juice you try but you are more likely to enjoy what you already know and enjoy.

Q - What is the best MOD out there?

A - This is perhaps the hardest question to answer in the world of vaping. There are many devices out there and after a while I know many e-cig users grow weary of hearing "This is the best device ever" in nearly any review for virtually any device.

Before you can truly buy yourself the right mod, you have to answer the same basic questions you asked when you started vaping, however now you are more informed, experienced and know what needs are simply not being met by your starter kit.

Some people will be fine with the vapor but want more battery life, others will be fine with battery life and vapor but desire more durability or some will just need a less leaky alternative to dripping. Once you fully understand what it is you need in your day to day life you can find a category of devices to choose from.

DO YOUR RESEARCH and make the most informed decision you can. A MOD is an investment and you should never rush your purchase, just in case.

Q - What is the best technique/ method to use my device?

A - I personally find dripping is the ultimate vaping experience, however that is not true for everyone out there. The short and sweet of it is this; "Vaping is an art, not a science". Find what works for you and always keep your atty/ carto/ tank atty wet!

Q
- How does an e-cig work? Is it that complicated?

A - E-Cigarettes are very simple at their core and only basic electrical theory is used in their design and their function. With any e-cig, all you have to know is that Wattage is where the "magic" happens.

Much like a light-bulb, where higher wattage means more light, more wattage in the vaping world means more vapor, hotter vapor, etc.

Once you understand that wattage is the business end of your e-cigarette, you will realize that the "magic" of vaping is not magic at all and is simply your voltage and resistance at play.

Q - Is vaping illegal in Canada?

A - The short answer is: No. Vaping is 100% legal in Canada, however the sale and trade of nicotine juice is currently "banned" (for lack of a better term). Canada Customs reserves the right to confiscate nicotine e-liquids and e-liquid containing hardware (Such as pre-filled cartomizers and cartridges) so if you order supplies from out of the country, you risk having your juice sent back to the retailer or held for testing.

The risk of this is not as serious as it sounds but is still there, some Canadian vapers have never had a problem and vape nothing but American E-Juice while others have had the unfortunate luck of having multiple shipments confiscated or returned.

You can't be arrested, held, harassed or fined for vaping in any place.

Anyway, I hope that helps all you new vapers out there and properly dis-spells some of the myths in the e-cigarette world. I wish you all the best of luck on your quest to quit smoking and start vaping! :vapor:

Last edited:

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
Great post Noiz - the experience of vaping is very different at first entering into and there is much to discover (and confusion to wrestle with) for new vapers to succeed and find their way. Good initiative.

I'd like to add one comment to your post about tobacco flavours. There isn't an exact taste like tobacco, however some are close in the sense that they are a satisfying vape as a tobacco flavoured juice. Comparing the taste to an ashtray is maybe too disparaging for a new vaper looking for tobacco taste. For example RY4 took a while for me to aquire a taste for but now it is included in my daily flavours. And Canadian blend seems to hit well for tobacco flavour for alot of us that go the tobacco road (hearing a song there) sourced from various suppliers.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Great post Noiz - the experience of vaping is very different at first entering into and there is much to discover (and confusion to wrestle with) for new vapers to succeed and find their way. Good initiative.

I'd like to add one comment to your post about tobacco flavours. There isn't an exact taste like tobacco, however some are close in the sense that they are a satisfying vape as a tobacco flavoured juice. Comparing the taste to an ashtray is maybe too disparaging for a new vaper looking for tobacco taste. For example RY4 took a while for me to aquire a taste for but now it is included in my daily flavours. And Canadian blend seems to hit well for tobacco flavour for alot of us that go the tobacco road (hearing a song there) sourced from various suppliers.

I do agree with you there, Tobacco vapes are not bad at all and actually are quite nice, so perhaps mentioning the "ashtray-like" juices is unfair. Generally tobacco juices are close approximations of certain cigarette qualities. I am a die-hard tobacco vaper so I know from experience tobacco juices can be very satisfying.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Awesome post Noiz ~ I think this should be stickied!

Agreeing - this is an excellent intro post (and there hasn't been one done in awhile).

One wee correction on the liquids - for the most part all eliquids are sugar free (should be completely oil free as well) and most contain only a small amount or no alcohol.

..and welcome back!

CanadianMetalHead

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
Mirabel, QC, CANADA
www.youtube.com
One things for sure, Dripping with a Drip Tip is by far the best method I have found. For great vapor and flavour. No doubt about it. :thumbs:

The only thing is, you need to find out what your needs are. Personally, when Im at home, dripping is perfect, I love it. BUT, I am a Long Haul Truck Driver, and dripping and driving is not fun at all! VERY dangerous and irresponsible. Even in a car. SO, I bought a Ego-T. It's perfect for long drives. I fill up all the tanks I have, put them aside in the clean ashtray ;) for easy switching. Battery life is far better then my Joye 510 which I use for dripping.
When Im off the road, rest area, docked to load/unload, taking it easy before going to sleep, I use my 510 and drip.

It all depends on what YOU need. Once you have it, it will be the best E-Cig for you. :glare::thumbs:

For your safety and the safety of others on the road, PLEASE do not Drip 'N Drive. :2cool:

Thanks, Have a great Day! :laugh:

Keep on Vaping! :vapor:

Last edited:

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Agreeing - this is an excellent intro post (and there hasn't been one done in awhile).

One wee correction on the liquids - for the most part all eliquids are sugar free (should be completely oil free as well) and most contain only a small amount or no alcohol.

..and welcome back!

Thanks for the welcome back! :D It's been a while. I do agree that the alcohol content is minimal and that absolutely no oils are used in e-liquid, however in my studies I discovered "Glycol" substances are supposedly "sugar-alcohols" (link - Sugar alcohol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). That would explain the sweetness, TH and anti-microbial qualities of the juices I think.

I may be totally wrong there but that is just what I have found in my travels, what are your thoughts on it? I didn't know this until this last month or so myself.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Great post Noiz! I agree completely with your stance on new vapers trying to get the 'analog liquid'. Not out there. The reasoning being, nothing is burning..and, a lot of the flavour of a cigarette is just that, combustible materials, doing what they do best...burning!

There are a lot of, what some people refer to, as 'dirty juices'. I tried them, (like we all did, looking for our beloved analog brand), then discovered that smoking and vaping are two totally different animals.

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread