The Ultimate DIY eLiquid Dispenser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunanimo

Jan 19, 2016
UK
Hi All!

As fun as it may be, DIY mixing as many of us know a time consuming thing. I'm in that situation where I'm prepared to make a whole litre of my favourite mix and steep that bad boy for 3 months. But what to do when I want to refill my 50ml carry bottle every few days?

I refuse to believe I'm the only person that's thought of this. Those upside down bottles you see when you go drinking at a bar! They're hooked up to what's called an 'optic' dispenser. It measures out a near enough exact amount (normally 25/50ml).

Has anyone tried or tested this as a dispensing method against the general viscosity of e-liquid? I really want to have this as an easy dispenser for eliquid and would like to hear from anyone who's tried it. The pros/cons etc.

Thanks in advance for all replies and hope all is well.

(Picture attached)
Nunanimo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 110

Nunanimo

Jan 19, 2016
UK
And what do you do when the seals inside the dispenser finally give way, and you end up with a litre of your favorite DIY all over the floor?

I'd imagine that not being an immediate issue, but one requiring consideration for sure. Seeing as the optic adapters are designed for the purpose of dispensing high alcohol content I'd assume they wouldn't easily degrade and give way to eliquid too quick either.

I would be worried though... Probably find a way to strengthen the fit to make it stronger from the outside with the use of duct tape to further prevent it from popping? I'd boil down that sort of unfortunate event to the same levels as if I was to drop my Mod and break it. Same sort of money loss.

Nunanimo

Jan 19, 2016
UK
Personally, I wouldn't take the chance. Especially if there were kids/pets in the home.

I see your point and couldn't disagree with it due to the proposed risk factor being subjective. For me there's no kids or pets. All I keep thinking about is dispensing my liquid as easily as the barman fixes me up a drink hehe.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Nunanimo - Seems to me like there already IS something you could use that would solve your problem. Why not just put your 1L of DIY in a bottle with a pump top dispenser on it? They're readily available and cheap!

There would be no need to open the 1L bottle to get a refill of your 50mL bottle. Nor having to try to pour it in the tiny opening of your 50mL bottle, or having to use a funnel you'd need to wash each time.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
@Nunanimo - Seems to me like there already IS something you could use that would solve your problem. Why not just put your 1L of DIY in a bottle with a pump top dispenser on it? They're readily available and cheap!

There would be no need to open the 1L bottle to get a refill of your 50mL bottle. Nor having to try to pour it in the tiny opening of your 50mL bottle, or having to use a funnel you'd need to wash each time.

You Sir, are a genius.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If I could just find a 60ml LDPE bottle that fits the fill hole of a Kayfun V2. Most of mine do, but I have to stick a toothpick into some to open the hole and in others I have to smooth out the outer part of the tip to get it to seal against a Kayfun V2 fill hole.

I guess it's the variability of the Chinese LDPE blow mold process. You read the reviews and buy from hearsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread