The VAMO battery thread

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by caged, Dec 2, 2012.

1. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The VAMO can accept either 18350 and 18650 batteries, however, apparently not all actually work with this unit.

If you own a VAMO, what batteries are you using and where did you get them?

I'm also interested in knowing if they are they button tops.

Hopefully, this thread will also prove useful for future VAMO owners.

2. Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

3. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I read that some users have trouble with trustfires. I woudn't use them.
    I use AW IMR 18650 and AW IMR 18350. All button tops. Bought from local vendor. They work fine with the Vamo.

Health Cabin say this on their site:
    I haven't tried 2x 18350.

4. VictoryNotVengence

VictoryNotVengence Ultra Member ECF Veteran

i used the orange flattop IMR 18650 it was maybe a year old, when I put it in it wouldn't work and after that the battery wouldn't charge anymore and I had to throw it out so be careful using those.

5. Thrasher

Thrasher Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am using the 18650 aw 2000 button tops that come from provape, and also the18650 panasonic 2250 button tops I got from orbtronics, they both fit easily and work well, and looks like there might be room enough left over to try a panny 3000.

6. jrh57

jrh57 Full Member

Mine's the same, and I've used AW IMR button top and Panasonic flat top with no problem.

7. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Found out last night that if you use a couple of spacers you can also use a 18500 in it. Got several of them. Just need to add two spacers from my Xtar charger and works great.

8. Merlin21

Merlin21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

9. MikeA5

MikeA5 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I haven't received my VAMO yet, but when I do, if I feel any rattling with a 18650 battery I think I'll try a "vape safe fuse" to stop the rattling, just a thought.

10. Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was using the 18350's in short mode, not stacked. I'm not a stacker.

I tried it with the flat tops and buttons I linked to, since I had both on hand.

Only rattle I have so far is the metal buttons.

11. Merlin21

Merlin21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks. I am going to pick up two of the button tops you linked to use in the short mode as well.

12. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

in using thre panasonic 18650s i get no rattle at all.. using the aws i do..

13. rcpcdude

rcpcdude Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i got some panasonic 18650's coming from orbtronics that people seem to be raving about and one set of generic 18350's from vaporbank where i ordered the unit and one set of button top efests for something a bit better

14. jasta

jasta Senior Member ECF Veteran

im using Efest IMR 18360 v2 nippletop the one that comes in a box .. its fine and no problem as of this writing..
    havent tried to stack them up yet.. .

efest 18350.jpg

15. rcpcdude

rcpcdude Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

orbtronics have some 3400mah 18650 panasonics here

anybody try these yet? i oogled a bit at the possibility of some really long battery life lol.

16. XfooYen

XfooYen Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think unprotected high drain are better for these mods.

17. BacsiBob

BacsiBob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have both Trustfire and Ultrafire 18350 1200mah protected batteries and neither will work in the VAMO. Crystal Clear Vaping has the efest IMR button top or flat 2/$10.95 with free shipping.

18. rik701

rik701 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I bought a set of the efest 18350's and an efest 18650 from smoktek when i bought the unit and they all 3 work fine in the unit both stacked 18350's and singular. I don't like it with the stacked batteries it seemed overpowered. Am going to pick up another 18650 from batteries plus next week a flattop and see how that works.

19. Azphat12

Azphat12 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a V2 Gunmetal Vamo.
    AW IMR 18650 button top has a very very small rattle.
    I pulled the spring, and just extended it a little. Now the rattle is gone. Its working good.

20. Faylool

Faylool Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Why do you think that. Should they have button top or? What brand do you suggest? Mah?