The Vapor Chef - Honey Pearry and Black Pom Pom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Holy freakin' moly, is this juice unbelievably delicious.

I feel the need to get this guy's name out there... The Vapor Chef...

I love the spartan website and the limited menu. I like the packaging and the delivery was pretty good (ordered Friday morning around 8 AM, arrived in my mailbox on Monday evening.)

The juice, however. The juice...

Before I go further, I discovered the mixologist is a chef in a fine dining restaurant. Anyone in fine dining or trained by CIA possesses what I call umami, or some kind of sixth taste bud. They are super-tasters. The guy who makes this juice has one sophisticated palate. I've tried a lot of melon flavors, and the Perfumer's Apprentice has some good melon. But the Vapor Chef... his flavors are so crisp, so "clean", so non chemical or artificial... I wonder where he gets his flavoring? It's so clean, so crisp, so satisfying as a "fruity/melon" flavor that I have nothing else to compare it to. And it smells HEAVENLY when it's vaped. This guy definitely knows what he's doing.

Honey Pearry: Hands down, the latest juice to knock my block off. I was so impressed I was speechless. I've tasted a ton of "ultra premium" e-liquid, even expensive, hard-to-obtain stuff. But this guy's quality was through the roof. The VG vapor production (I got 50/50 pg/vg, 24 nic) and throat hit are outstanding, consistent, and actually leave me wanting another puff. Nonstop. I just can't stop vaping it. The honeydew is front and center, with the pear taking the following lead, with the strawberry as the subtle finish. It feels weird in the lungs, also. Almost as if they have taste buds, too. Weird to explain.

Black Pom Pom: again, "crisp", "clean", "fresh" is what I get from this flavor. Nothing seems artificial or chemical about it. This guy's flavorings are spot-freakin'-on. Black Pom Pom has strong notes of pomegranate, with the bite of black currant and lemon, without being citrus-heavy. It's almost impossible to describe. It just works. And is delicious.

The packaging is quality. Glass with drippers. No need to steep Honey Pearry or Black Pom Pom, but I suspect, since it's mixed fresh, it would benefit from steeping. But at this point, there is no way on this earth I would wait to let Honey Pearry steep. I got it last night and half the 15 ml bottle is already gone. I cannot stop vaping it.

Check The Vapor Chef out!

EDIT: For further info, I am using 2.0 ohm single-coil, single laser-hole punched Smoktech cartos in piddly workhorse affordable polypropylene tanks @ 8 watts on a Vamo and an SVD.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Absolutely zero need to add an "extra flavor shot" to this guy's juices. He knows what he's doing. He's not going for rate-of-fire, he's going for accuracy.

Rocketpunk's definition of e-juice vendors doing "rate-of-fire":

They're pumping out hundreds of flavors, hoping one will strike someone's fancy. In other words, Rambo is unloading a .... ton of bullets hoping ONE will hit SOMEBODY.

Rocketpunk's definition of e-juice vendors doing "accuracy":

Blank the machine gun, these guys hunker down and really laser-in on a flavor profile. They sacrifice a barrage of bullets to hone in on one kill-shot. Vapor Chef is one of these vendors. He has a limited menu, and honestly, I hope he keeps it that way. I cannot identify where he gets his flavoring. I'm quite familiar with Perfumer's Apprentice, FlavorWest flavors, et al., but he's got some kind of secret that needs to be kept under wraps.

Honey Pearry alone has rocked my world.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
I've been seeing this place mentioned several times here but was never compelled enough to make an order. Mannn, so many vendors. I will try Vapor Chef next along with Moon Mountain Vapor. Vapor Chef has nice little $4 6ml bottles so its great to try flavors out.

I'm thinking of trying Hobbe's Blood, Honey Perry, Caramel Apple, and the Ecto Cooler.

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
Hobbes Blood is amazing as well. One of my favorite juices. I love his Honey Nut Tobacco. My wife loves his Fluffy Cake. And Honey Pearry, well that is just holy juice. One of the best juices I've ever tried.

A lot of people love his Bloody Mango but I've yet to try it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I have tried Bloody Mango, but the flavor didn't punch its way into my brain the way Honey Pearry or Black Pom Pom did. It was still delicious, though. I was never a big fan of blood oranges, but if you are/were, then I'm almost 100% positive you'll like it. It's worth a try.

Oh, and he gives out samples with each order, as well. Mine was Pear Brandy. I'll re-gift that one because I'm not too into alcoholic beverage flavors, either.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I ordered 10 6ml bottles myself last week. They arrived in two days! The only one I tried so far is Caramel Apple. Pretty yummy! I am probably going to bust out the Bloody Mango today.

I've been seeing this place mentioned several times here but was never compelled enough to make an order. Mannn, so many vendors. I will try Vapor Chef next along with Moon Mountain Vapor. Vapor Chef has nice little $4 6ml bottles so its great to try flavors out.

I'm thinking of trying Hobbe's Blood, Honey Perry, Caramel Apple, and the Ecto Cooler.

The vapor chef is a god among men. I will never try another company again. 'Nuff said. :D

Can't wait to try the chocolate covered banana; I thought i had ordered it in the last batch but I didn't! And to respond to the OP, I totally agree. The reason why his juices are so great is because there is NO chemical/soap taste that seems to be so prevalent amongst most vape juices.

If I had to guess, I would say he extracts flavanoid particles from foods through some kind of pressurized boiler/mixing system from which he pumps out the water/steam... his flavors are too complete to be reduced normally, no? Basically a super reduction technique? It makes sense if he works as a chef or a chemist, but I'm assuming a setup like that (if it even exists) would have to cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

belsenj

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
East Northport, NY USA
Got my order of Honey Pearry and Hobbs Blood in today and am taking some vapes. These have flavor!

I'm not so sure that these are the flavors for me though...but I will say that the flavors are "all their own". I would never attempt to mix other flavors with these like I would for another flavor like lets say...Cheesecake.

I am also going to let these steep for a week and then try them again, I bet I get surprised!

Honey Pearry - I taste quite a bit of watermelon, which is good. I like that flavor.
Hobbs Blood - I like this a bit more than Honey Pearry in that it seems to have some strawberry and watermelon. I think after a week I will like this lots more.

With my order, I received 2 Marines :) And also received a sample of Butter Beer - I know I will like this! Butter with a hint of tobacco!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread