Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
vape-tanks-innokin-iclear-16-dual-coil-clearomizer-1_1024x1024.jpg

Ok, it ain't pretty. It doesn't hold even 2ml of liquid. A lot us began with starter kits that included one of these or one of its cousins, the CE* Clearo's. We couldn't get rid of'em soon enough--not after we saw those big, honkin' squonkin' fog machines at ECF! ;)

Well, I still have some. Aside from their vulnerability to tank cracking liquids, they're virtually indestructible. They disassemble easily and clean up nicely in a pot of boiling water. They don't do massive clouds, but they can be driven at 15W and produce decent vapor and flavor. Perfect for checking out new flavors. Who wants to find out if that new flavor tastes like .... juice in a $50 tank with a fresh build?

Mt. Baker still has these venerable old grunts at $2.99.

If you're stocking up for FDArmageddon, why would your hoarding closet have a few handfuls of these little beasts?

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: ddirtyvapes

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Tilt n twirl, tilt n twirl haha. All yours. I'd push myself to learn how to coil on a $5 dripper clone b4 I'd buy a dozen of those. :)

Good to see ya around..

Good to be back.

Unfortunately, some health issues related to an injury I suffered prevent me from wrapping coils again. I have virtually no use of my right hand and somewhat limited use of my left. Can't manipulate very small objects.

But I still mix most of my own liquids, and cheap, effective clearo's are the shiznit for testing my latest FrankenJuice.

Reactions: Fullknight

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Hah. I tried e-cigs but they didn't work for me. I really started vaping on clearomizers. That was the first thing I ever used that actually did it for me, kept me from smoking. I used them on a Vision Spinner. I swapped to the iClears when I bought the Innokin VV. You can still buy the Vision clearomizers. After (IDK how many years) they have upgraded to version 2.0 though: Vision Ego Clearomizer V2.0

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Hi and welcome,

Why/how is 2.8Ω funny?
:glug:

I don't get it.

Cheers
I

I laughed when I read it because the industry is pushing for lower and lower resistances. I've got a pre-built 0.20 Ohm TC coil in one of my tanks...and that's not a big deal at all anymore. I had to actually hunt down a decent set up to get back up over 1.0 Ohms recently. And these guys are putting out 2.8 Ohm coils.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
The best model I could find was the Vision Spinner II : Vision Spinner II Variable Voltage 1650mAh Battery

I just plugged the numbers into my handy dandy cell phone app. The highest setting is 4.8 Volts. That would be 4.8 Volts and 8.23 Watts at 2.8 Ohms pushing 1.71 Amps...I can't see how that's going to be a satisfying vape.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The best model I could find was the Vision Spinner II : Vision Spinner II Variable Voltage 1650mAh Battery

I just plugged the numbers into my handy dandy cell phone app. The highest setting is 4.8 Volts. That would be 4.8 Volts and 8.23 Watts at 2.8 Ohms pushing 1.71 Amps...I can't see how that's going to be a satisfying vape.

1100mAh + 24mg/ml and 2.5 ml per day of Boba's Bounty = Very Satisfying vape. :thumbs:

"a totally different head...totally" -Johnny Slash :)

Cheers
I

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
1100mAh + 24mg/ml and 2.5 ml per day of Boba's Bounty = Very Satisfying vape. :thumbs:

"a totally different head...totally" -Johnny Slash :)

Cheers
I

Holy cow! You're vaping around 8 Watts? I am impressed. I wish I could enjoy a vape like that. I can't find anything lower than about 12 that does it for me. I've done 10 in a pinch when I had the wrong atomizers but it was really frustrating.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
It was better than I thought it would be. I think if I had higher nic juice in here it would probably be better than what I have going. Well, now I just have to laugh at myself. I only recently got the tank. I think it was about a month ago. I can't believe I never tried playing with it below the recommended range.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Like I said in the OP, I've driven the iClear at 15w on my Vamo and had a great time with it. With nic levels of 12-18mg/l and 50/50 PG/VG, the flavor, throat hit and nic buzz are pretty good.

It's not a showcase setup, but if you need an inexpensive performer for testing in your evil flavor laboratory, here ya go.

Reactions: Fullknight

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Like I said in the OP, I've driven the iClear at 15w on my Vamo and had a great time with it. With nic levels of 12-18mg/l and 50/50 PG/VG, the flavor, throat hit and nic buzz are pretty good.

It's not a showcase setup, but if you need an inexpensive performer for testing in your evil flavor laboratory, here ya go.

If you're using a regulated device where you can control the Watts you are pumping, then sure. The resistance doesn't matter so much because the mod is making the atomizer hit 15 Watts. I MTL lower than that. I am doing 12 Watts on the Nautilus X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread