The VMax

Discussion in 'Commercial Ecigarette Reviews and Videos' started by Mac, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mac

Mac Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I must say, I really like this thing. I have always shied away from unrealistic devices as they worry me about being hassled by law enforcement. I don't vape it while driving for exactly that reason. It is a big piece of steel and sort of looks like the memory eraser device from the men in black films:

0726121610.jpg

With that said this is the most impressed I have been with a device since picking up my first mini back in 2008. I am using stacked Vmax 18350 batteries and a 3 ohm dual coil tank with it. At 6 volts even low nic concentrations take my breath away. It is the hottest, thickest, vapor I have ever puffed on. So real. So close to real smoke it's almost a little scary. I have also tried 5ohm single coil carto's on it and that is pretty extreme as well. More vapor from the 5ohm single coil but the dual coil is killing it on throat hit. I recommend using setting 6 to keep the LED in off position so as not to waste battery life. I'm charging the batteries every 3 days with fairly heavy daily use. The ohm reader is dead on. To use it activate the LED using setting 6 then toggle to setting 5 and choose "DR". Whenever you press the button the ohm resistance of your heating element will display. The multi-meter is accurate and the 6 volt setting really gives 6 volts. This thing is a gem!

In short if you are thinking about getting one you probably should because it is the bomb. :laugh:

2. Sdh

Sdh ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Thanks for the review. I have been on the fence about this one. I have a V-tube. I like it but it's not perfect.

3. Mac

Glad I could help. I was skeptical myself until I tried it. I don't see how anyone who likes large variable volt APV's could not like this thing..

4. gadabout

gadabout Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

is that one of the newer ones that when u change the batteries it goes back to 3 volts

5. jcamacho

jcamacho Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

:vapor::vapor::vapor:Just ordered one myself in stainless, I want to see what this bad boy can do!

6. Mac

Yes. It defaults to 3 when you change the batteries.

7. Mac

Cool! What type of heating element do you intend to use?

8. kaysesoze

kaysesoze Senior Member ECF Veteran

vmax is the bomb.. i just got mine today. and its making insane clouds off of a 80/20 pg/vg mix with the 2.8ohm atty on a Vivi Nova tank.

9. Mac

Here is a pic of my Vmax with the new young immortal RBA attached:

youngimmortalvmax.jpg

It's sexy and it knows it :laugh:

10. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Vmax looks like a great product and the price isn't bad, either. It looks so much like my satin stainless Provari that it resembles a twin. I understand the case is brass ... much better than aluminum. I wonder about the warranty, though. How long is it covered for failures and defects? I read that it can produce a 5 amp vape or is that the c-rating of the battery? 5 amp loads are unheard of in the variable mod world.

11. Mac

I really like it a lot!

I have an opinion on that topic but am not allowed to express it as per the forum rules.

I'm pretty sure I was told steel. I'll check on it and get back to you.

My retail customers enjoy a 90 day warranty which is the same warranty provided to me by smoktech. I can't speak on the policies of other vendors. ALWAYS read the fine print before purchasing.

I cannot answer that question. I'll check into it and get back to you.

12. PTJD

PTJD Vaping At FL370 Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey Mac, how you been buddy!!!

13. Mac

I've been doing pretty good. Super busy with work, not much time for doing music. But really good. Haven't seen you in a while either. What have you been up to?

14. PTJD

PTJD Vaping At FL370 Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's hard to catch up with older posters here, too big of a forum. Good to see you! Still travel International mostly in Europe last few years. Try to help with posts in the travel sub forum . Stay in touch brother!

15. Mac

The word from Smoktech is that the Vmax is indeed made from steel. I'll get back to you on the 5amp thing.

16. cidu

cidu Full Member

Ok, so, first off, this is the best hitting pv ive ever used, but there are some problems, or maybe i have a defective unit.

1. Contenually generates heat in the body of the unit, it is always warm, rather disturbing, and i usually have to change batts 2x a day, so 3 sets total.

2. Every morning when i wake up, the batteries are dead if i leave the endcap on

3. defaults to 5v, switches to defaults from the lightest bump on the bottom of the unit, this has killed coils

4. Display goes wonkey most the time, missing segments, just wrong display, etc

Anybody else have these issues or do i just have a dud? are they corrected in the silver ones? any info would be great guys...

17. Mac

It sounds like you got one from the first defective run. I am hearing that on those any setting below 4.2 immediately spike back up. If I were you I'd contact the vendor you got it from. The build where they fixed it defaults to 3. I haven't had a single one of those issues and both myself and my fiance are using them heavily every day and have been for 2 weeks. I am using VMax branded 18350's and getting between 2-3 days of heavy use. I don't take the batteries out til they need charging.

18. cidu

cidu Full Member

great to hear, thanks for the reply Mac.

19. Mac

You are welcomed. I'm glad I could be at least a little helpful.

20. Mac

I'm still waiting on an answer for this. I haven't forgotten. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.