Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Click the link in his post. It will take you to the right place. :)

DUH. I definitely need more sleep. LOL! Can't believe I missed the HUGE "Donate" button on her site! (Sorry, Shan!)

And thanks, Bianca.

Hey, looking good, AG.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I have been sent to Kansas for most of the week so decided as my Resurrector experiment went rather well I would try a Boge experiment while away and it has failed, miserably.

So a low res Boge 2.2, according to my ProVari, carto. A 4.8 volt battery and a 9ml bottle of Bounty Hunter.

How has it gone wrong you ask ? Tastes too good ! I am here for another couple of days and I have about a ml of juice left and I only got here yesterday.

I haven't ever really put the 4.8's to a test longer than a few hours before so they were overdue a run. Findings similar to tests showing that they work well probably at 4.5'ish for 5 hours before petering out after their initial blast and needing recharge. I have two of them and practicality has shown I can charge both over night load a fully charged one and change.

Have about 4ml of Hype in my spare bottle and a couple of DIY's with me that I will get through.

Anyway have my ProVari with me but have yet to touch it. I went through a paranoid moment before getting to the airport and loaded a F1 Ego onto a Ego 1000' mAh battery with a DIY 36mg juice just in case I had any issues with my bad and the APV's, batterys and juice but need not have worried went through as hand baggage without a murmur.

It is a 3 hour flight from Orlando to Kansas so didn't actually have to vape inflight as I took a few hits of the 36mg before we took off.

Apart from those few hits I have been XL'ing all the time and it is just pumping out the flavour and vapor with these batterys. Think I am going to have to look further into the Kick mod'ing the XL to allow continued 18650 use.

Question is eek out the Bounty Hunter by tanking the Vari or just go for the clouds of goodness. I am leaning towards clouds of goodness. Really these 2 mods just compliment each other perfectly as a combination. You are completely covered with both. The only temptations I have are genesis atty's for the Vari's or Atty Tank and of course the HH357. Really do not need another mod.

Excuse me while I dislocate my shoulder slapping myself on the back for being clever enough to actually buy the XL and a couple of Vari's. Think a spare XL is going to have to come along to join the party at some point but will see.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
2h4vyas.jpg

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
For anyone interested:

The copper tape used to line the battery compartment & contact the negative terminal (for The Kick) can be found at http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...3&langId=-1&keyword=copper+tape&storeId=10051

It's not available at most retail locations, but can be ordered from the website. :)

I had my feed & seed order a roll through their distributor.
Since it comes in 15' rolls, I'll have plenty!
If you want to buy a foot, send me a PM & I'll mail it.
Between the cost & postage, a couple bucks should cover it.
I won't have it until NEXT Friday.
First come...first served. :)

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Tatskull uses 901s on his XL. :)
Yup sure do!!
Has any one used a 901 with their vmod xl?

I love my IKV 901 and would love to use it with my vmod
My XL has only seen IKV 1.8 LR 901's(it has no idea what a 510's or 306's are:laugh:)!! The great thing with the 901 (aside from taste) is the way the feed!! I have yet to (insert "s" word of choice here) the bottle since I got it! Simple tilt as your puffin to feed, and at times, it just feed's itself:w00t:

Cobber

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Kingston Ontario
www.itsjustvapor.com
Yup sure do!!

My XL has only seen IKV 1.8 LR 901's(it has no idea what a 510's or 306's are:laugh:)!! The great thing with the 901 (aside from taste) is the way the feed!! I have yet to (insert "s" word of choice here) the bottle since I got it! Simple tilt as your puffin to feed, and at times, it just feed's itself:w00t:

And you have no problems with the little drain hole on the atty?

I love my 901s but I wasn't sure they could be used with the vmod because of that hole. I have always had a drip shield on mine

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
And you have no problems with the little drain hole on the atty?

I love my 901s but I wasn't sure they could be used with the vmod because of that hole. I have always had a drip shield on mine
Nope, no problems at all, when you take off the chimney you see some juice condensation, but it never leaks and it has a perfect draw!!

McAldo

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
London
Thanks AG! I am going to order some :thumbs:

Sorry for quoting a quite old post :)
I just got a vmod xl and I understand it's a fully mechanical mode.
Wouldn't using IMR batteries on a mechanical mod introduce the risk of over discharging them?
I have been told that discharging an IMR under 3,2V will not only spoil the battery, but could also send it into thermal runaway.
So, one would need to check from time to time with a voltmeter to stay safe and using a protected battery might be a better option. Or perhaps I misunderstood..
At the moment I only use IMR on mods with electronics which will prevent over-discharging.

McAldo

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
London
AW IMR's go dead rather than having a drop off, so over discharging won't happen. The minute they get to a certain voltage, they just won't fire a device. I'm not sure, but I do beleive it is before they hit 3.2 volt's

Thanks, but I am not 100% sure about this.
I have a mod which allows to set the cutoff point under 3,2V, and by mistake I set it that way once, and the batteries (original AW IMR) did discharge to 3,1v, according to my volt meter.
As you say, performance stayed constant to the very end, and fortunately they didn't appear to have lost functionality, but I did it only once.

So, if that's the case, a mechanical mod could discharge them under 3,1v. Possibly well under it.
Or perhpas it's just the batteries I have got.
Out of curiosity, did you tried and checking voltage with a meter after they stop working on your vmod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread