Thanks Andy, which one is your fav?

Used -
Vapage Hybrid 1.5
Joye 510 1.8
Smart Vapes Dripping Atty 1.5
Cisco Aero 1.5
Cisco 306 1.5

So far.

Basically any 510 connection with or without an adapter will work.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
At the moment I am flipping between the 2 Cisco types.

Depends on what juice I am running. The 306 seems better with Bounty Hunter but the Aero is better with VG blends.

Have a bit of an atty stock at the moment. Quite happy to say they are just not popping on me. Will be picking up some 357's and maybe a couple of the new bottom feeder AVA's over the next couple of months.

They are on the top of the cost range for attys but want to see if they have longer lifespans and flavour as I keep reading.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Only been at this 3 months and there are folks that will be along that have played far more than I with attys.

Pretty safe that a couple of Cisco's wont see you wrong.

Get a good Hybrid and they are really very good. Clouds of Vapor are renowned for selling quality equipment and they sell the Vapage Hybrids.

To be honest the $5 Smart Vapes Dripping atty is as good a place as any to start and at that price point you don't mind blowing a couple in the name of learning.

hokoyz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Hi, I ordered my VMOD xl and will be arriving tomorrow. This is my first shot at a bottom feeder and I am excited... I have some questions though.

The kit I ordered comes with a trustfire 3.7 v 3000 mah battery, is this safe to use and how will I prevent over discharging? Also what is a "kick"? I've been watching videos and keep hearing this "kick".... Thanks.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Hi, I ordered my VMOD xl and will be arriving tomorrow. This is my first shot at a bottom feeder and I am excited... I have some questions though.

The kit I ordered comes with a trustfire 3.7 v 3000 mah battery, is this safe to use and how will I prevent over discharging? Also what is a "kick"? I've been watching videos and keep hearing this "kick".... Thanks.

The battery is protected & will stop working when the voltage gets too low.

The Kick is a device made by Evolv that can be used with an 18490 battery in the XL to regulate the power. I modification of the XL is needed to use the Kick.

:)

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
good to know... so If I want to install the kick I need to buy the 18490 battery? I got my vmod today and it came with a 2.2 silo and hybrid atty... not satified :( but I tried my 1.5 306 atty and it was a little better.

There are a couple of people who have rewired the XL for an 18650 and the Kick, but the easiest is to use the 18490. The ground spring on the side of the Kick has to be grounded to the negative spring on the XL. This is being done by lining the battery compartment with aluminum or copper tape. The tape must touch the negative battery terminal & the Kick's ground spring for it to work.

c6e4e341-68c6-486f.jpg

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
So far I only have experience with cartos, but wanted to give an atty a try to see if it really makes a difference in the flavor department. I saw a recommendation for an IKV 1.8 LR 901, what other attys do people use with their vmod xl?

My fave atty is the Avid vapor Cisco 510 1.5ohm on the XL, I tried the HH 357 on it but not quite as good as it is on other mods, I think because the tubing may be a little tiny bigger in diameter.

Joyes are pretty good but the draw becomes to tight to fast for me and I hate the taste of them on the break in which I don't get with the Ciscos, Ciscos also last me quit awhile compared to the Joyes.

I used to love the Vapage attys but I started getting inconsitent results with them, one would be amazing and the next meh, they may have corrected that now or it was just my luck :)

Moral of this long winded post...well I stick with the Avids now as they just work the best for me and the way I vape.

hokoyz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
San Antonio, TX
There are a couple of people who have rewired the XL for an 18650 and the Kick, but the easiest is to use the 18490. The ground spring on the side of the Kick has to be grounded to the negative spring on the XL. This is being done by lining the battery compartment with aluminum or copper tape. The tape must touch the negative battery terminal & the Kick's ground spring for it to work.

c6e4e341-68c6-486f.jpg

sounds complicated to me for I don't now anything about the mechanics of how batteried and electrical wirings works. I will search for a tutorial online on this one, hopefully there is one :confused: THANKS AG!

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Referring to these?

LR510 Low Resistance Atomizer 1.5 ohm (Cisco Spec) - Avid Vaper

My fave atty is the Avid vapor Cisco 510 1.5ohm on the XL, I tried the HH 357 on it but not quite as good as it is on other mods, I think because the tubing may be a little tiny bigger in diameter.

Joyes are pretty good but the draw becomes to tight to fast for me and I hate the taste of them on the break in which I don't get with the Ciscos, Ciscos also last me quit awhile compared to the Joyes.

I used to love the Vapage attys but I started getting inconsitent results with them, one would be amazing and the next meh, they may have corrected that now or it was just my luck :)

Moral of this long winded post...well I stick with the Avids now as they just work the best for me and the way I vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread