Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
If you're used to hearing the gurgle of most bottom feeders, & the VMod doesn't gurgle, it's natural to want to push the bottle again. You have to have some blind faith when you feed it. After pushing the bottle once, turn upright for a few seconds, & do a dry suck to pull the juice from the chamber into the carto or atty. Once you get the hang of it, you won't get any leaks.

MiMoSeTH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
Spain
Is there any way to check if i do it correctly or not? Just trying to rule out possibilities...

ejoker said:
i did that plenty at first, you're just overfilling the reservoir, or your o-ring isn't seated correctly (or both).

I'm new to bottom feeders, the Vmod is my first one, that's why i prefer to think it's me being a newbie and not the product's fault. I rather learn than send it back to the other side of the pond :p

AlmightyGod said:
If you're used to hearing the gurgle of most bottom feeders, & the VMod doesn't gurgle, it's natural to want to push the bottle again. You have to have some blind faith when you feed it. After pushing the bottle once, turn upright for a few seconds, & do a dry suck to pull the juice from the chamber into the carto or atty. Once you get the hang of it, you won't get any leaks.

I've found out the leaking happens after i tilt the Vmod and squeeze the bottle to fill the chamber. Maybe i squeeze too much, but it seems the liquid isn't returning to the bottle and it's going everywhere instead. I've got liquid pouring out from the switch hole, bottle thread...

Is that because i'm squeezing it too strongly? Or tilting it too much? Isn't the liquid supposed to go back into the bottle if i oversqueeze?

Thank you very much for all the suggestions. Being new and on a budget is scary when dealing with stuff like this :blush:

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
It sounds like you might be squeezing too hard or too long. It only takes a slight push of the bottle to feed it.

1. Invert VMod.
2. Push slightly on bottle.
3. Turn VMod right side up.
4. Wait 3-5 seconds.
5. Dry suck on mouthpiece a few times.
6. Vape.
7. When not producing as much, dry suck again.

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
i would say squeezing too hard, and for too long. the bottle is very pliable. just a quick, short squeeze, then turn it upright again. juice doesn't go back to the bottle if overfilled, it will leak into the unit as you've experienced. and as AG said above, sometimes a dry pull is required - or if your bottle isn't too full, squeeze the bottle gently when its upright, and that will push the juice from the chamber into the carto/atty.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Yeah -- me too--- (some leaks). Mine just happened a few days in. Good news is that is is easy to take apart and wash off in the sink!

Loving all the advice here and on other threads. I'm sure it was me just getting aggressive and overfeeding.

This is turning out to be more than just a great beginner bottom feeding PV.

MiMoSeTH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
Spain
Truth is....the leaking is the only problem i have so far with the Vmod. Other than that, i'm really loving it.

I'm getting better at not overfeeding it, thanks to ejoker and AlmightyGod's awesome directions :wub:

Just for reference, how many drags you get for each tilt squeezing on a 2.2 ohm carto? It really eats juice at a way faster rate than the 2.8, or maybe it's me that i'm enjoying it so much that i can't put it down :p

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
You get 2 bottles with the kit----so first spare is already available.

These bottles clean just like any other bottom feeder bottle I've seen --- usually wash; can handle a boil.

On first glance the bottle looks a lot like sample bottles I have --- but the top and threading area are modified.

One sure way to get a leak is to use the wrong bottle! Been there, done that.
Facepalm141-1.gif

ps -- the whole unit (without battery & cart, of course) can be washed in the sink --- and that is in the instructions.

Last edited:

MiMoSeTH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
Spain
Whoa, after 1 day using the same 2.2 SILO carto, it got even better. This mod is a little powerhouse :blink:

I'm using DIY liquid, 80PG/20VG, and it's kicking awesome clouds of vapor. Not much of a TH though, but it's 8mg so that's kind of expected. I'm really glad i went for it after watching the video in this thread and reading AlmightyGod's impressions. I'm having a hard time putting it down :vapor:

Can't wait to try some of those Hybrid atomizers from COV. It must be a totally awesome vape :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread