Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Also, I have some AW-IMR 14500's (4) that are pretty new. Could I use them in the VVProV?

I know this question is almost three weeks old, but it's worth answering for anyone who might have the same question.

The AW IMR 14500s are not the best choice for this PV. First, the buck circuit notcigs uses never requires more than 2 amps from the batteries (the regulator makes up the other amp or so to the max of a little over 3 amps by design), so high drain batteries are not of any performance benefit. Next, IMRs have a lower mah rating than their li-on cousins, so vape time between charge cycles is reduced.

As to "can they be used?" - Yes, with one caveat. The springs in the VVPV have a wide last loop - the last circle in the spring coils is somewhat large. The nipple on the AW IMR slips inside that last circle and will not make proper contact. The springs are soft enough that that last loop can be made smaller with a needle nosed plier or similar tool. I modified mine to accept some AW Li-On 14500s and it isn't difficult.

Last edited:

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
How am I supposed to get the top cover off when two of the screws are under the 510 connector?

4021c69e-2278-2589.jpg

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
How am I supposed to get the top cover off when two of the screws are under the 510 connector?

I'm not sure taking the top cover off is a good idea... but if you have some reason to do it, then you have to loosen the screw inside the 510 connector so that the connector can move.

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
It won't fire. Red light is on, batteries fully charged. Nothing when I press the button. Acts like a short. Thumbwheel was acting strange before it stopped, like it wouldn't turn properly. If there's a wire loose or I can have a part sent to me rather than return the unit I'd prefer that.

I've removed the screw inside the 510. How do I move the connector? I didn't want to force anything.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Small nail or similar in the hole on the side of the connector, rotate the connector counter clockwise like removing a normal bolt.

Set the power switch to off and/or pop out the batteries, so you don't accidentally short something inside.

Stop by the main notcigs forum, under ecf suppliers. More people post there, including Buzzkill and Bovinia. There are both tech support and vvpv threads there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread