Status
Not open for further replies.

crawler65

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
So I had some VV devices, and some mechs, and then I got a Vamo, my 1st VW mod. VW was terrific, but then I had to do the math when I took an atty off of the Vamo and put it on a VV only device. Now I'm just using the VV on my Vamo so I know my volts all the time LOL! Numbers are hard, numbers are stupid hard :p
Am I the dummy that has done this?:oops:

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
So I had some VV devices, and some mechs, and then I got a Vamo, my 1st VW mod. VW was terrific, but then I had to do the math when I took an atty off of the Vamo and put it on a VV only device. Now I'm just using the VV on my Vamo so I know my volts all the time LOL! Numbers are hard, numbers are stupid hard :p

I'm right there with ya! Numbers are hard! Haha. They are so hard for me, that I don't even try to figure out what wattage or voltage I should be at. I just start low and adjust to taste. Numbers make my head hurt. :toast:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
No real math, I just find the wattage that give me best flav and when I change device maybe lower ohms the vamo adjusts the voltage automatically

I do find I need to adjust a little by flave but not much

most for me comes in-between 5.5 and 6.5 watts mostly stay at 6 watts

no matter the resistance while on VV I might have the lowest resistance on maybe 3.6 volts but highest maybe 4.6

also on VW I don't worry about burning coils but I've done that on VV

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA

Heck, you're way ahead of me. I don't understand VV and VW at all, let along all this talk about ohms, resistors, coils, etc.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I have learned to back down on volts/watts if I even get an "inkling" that the coil is so hot that it may want to singe the wick no matter what topper I am using. I dont care what it reads as far as a number, with the exception that what ever it reads at my "sweet spot", thats were it will stay with that certain coil/ohm (until the ohms go up). I say al that to say that I do go as low as posible and still get a good vape because I will get more flavor like this. The higher I go, the less flavor and the more bland or burnt taste I get.

Then again, if you havent noticed yet, your ohms tend to go UP the longer you use a coil, I am guessing from a build up of gunk on the coil itself. So then Its time to "bump it up one"...if needed.

I wouldnt worry about the numbers or formulas, I would "taste" what your vape is telling you. I dont like my juice getting "discolored" from too much power going to the coil, so I tend to "back off" for the flavor and for the longevity of my coil.

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Just need something to help ya with the math bro ;)

power.jpg

P.S. For those folks that don't know the VV or VW stuff...and keep saying 7-8 watts...notice on this nice neat graph...the last green block before you get to the red block on almost ALL volts/ohms scales...7-8 watts is "red lining" (over-revving and engine/hot coil...get it heh) your MOD, not unsafe...but it can reduce the life of your coil...but hey it pushes your rig to give you the MAXIMUM output and performance

On an analog tachometer gauge in a car...the above graph your vape mod would be doing this
redlineITR.jpg

Cool huh

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Just add 2 to the resistance of the coil head and start there. So if the head is 2ohms, start at 4 volts and adjust up or down from there according to taste.
I used to always use my Vamo in wattage mode, but I'd still adjust it up and down depending on the juice and my mood.

There is no right or wrong number to vape at (although the above chart and the rule of 2 I just mentioned are good places to start) - it's all about what tastes good to you - and no math is necessary really.

If it tastes burnt, lower it, if it's muted or no vapor, increase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread