Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Thanks everyone for the vaperversery congrats. At times I still dont believe how easy it was to quit the stinkies with vaping. It blows my mind for I was one of them that would never quit smoking until the casket lid knocked the hot end off my smoke.

And today was an excellent vape mail day! First on the list was the Veritas. Nice quality flavor chasing dripper. Excellent amount of juice it will hold. I built a 28 ga kanthal coil for it, set it up with some Mocha Caramel and gave it a vape. Not enough air flow for my liking but will use it anyways. It has good flavor to it, just real restrictive air flow even wide open. vaping it at 20 watts.
0aYcLH9.png

Next was the Samurai RDA. Smallish juice well but excellent flavor off this one. Built a dual coil for it and am vaping it at 40 watts. Very airish and can be turned down to almost no air. Very good performer.

eOi96dU.png

And the Velocity also arrived today.
C176la0.png

Now this one is unreal. Can do massive airflow for cloud chasing or be turned down for flavor chasing and it delivers excellent flavor. Did a flavor chaser coil build on it.
iKp7pR1.png

Has a deep well and the seals are good enough on it where you can over fill it without a huge mess. Of the three, this is my favorite.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
A couple of syringes, a graduated cylinder and a couple square feet of counter while mixing is all one needs.

Even the graduated cylinder is gratuitous -- I mix straight into the bottle it's going to stay in, so as not to waste any in the cylinder.

Andria

Reactions: Ryedan

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Even the graduated cylinder is gratuitous -- I mix straight into the bottle it's going to stay in, so as not to waste any in the cylinder.

Andria

Same here. I have a few propylene conical mixing vials but I use those to measure out my VG only. All my mixes are 50/50 so its an even 30ml, and I HATE sucking that up with a syringe to mix it. The rest of the mix goes straight into a 60ml blue cobalt bottle, then when the VG comes up in the mix order, it gets poured in from there. Id probably use those to make my batches in since VG is a pain to get off glass but slides like water off the propylene, but the vials are only 50ml, and I want that extra 10ml hehe.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Same here. I have a few propylene conical mixing vials but I use those to measure out my VG only. All my mixes are 50/50 so its an even 30ml, and I HATE sucking that up with a syringe to mix it. The rest of the mix goes straight into a 60ml blue cobalt bottle, then when the VG comes up in the mix order, it gets poured in from there. Id probably use those to make my batches in since VG is a pain to get off glass but slides like water off the propylene, but the vials are only 50ml, and I want that extra 10ml hehe.

I use so little VG, I just use a 14ga needle on a syringe. It's slow even with a 14ga, but it's not very much, so I deal.

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Some of us care a great deal. And some of us don't have a budget for juice that costs that much.

Andria

Totally understand. But questioning the sanity of those who can afford $1/ml e-liquids and who buy them because they enjoy them? Kinda harsh, don'cha think?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Totally understand. But questioning the sanity of those who can afford $1/ml e-liquids and who buy them because they enjoy them? Kinda harsh, don'cha think?

Not really, because if I can see an opportunity to economize, that's what I do, everytime. If I suddenly won the lottery, I'd probably go completely insane, having more money than I could ever spend in my lifetime.

Just trying to imagine what life would be like, not having to spend hours every payday getting everything budgeted.... nope, can't really imagine having that much money, that I could just throw it around willy-nilly.

Plus the aspect of not knowing what gets put into commercial ejuice... that kinda gives me the willies. That's why I think the 5P thing is so hysterically funny... they charge a bloody fortune... for juice that has poison in it. ROFL!!!! Goes to show you that the old saying is true... fools and their money are soon parted.

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Not really, because if I can see an opportunity to economize, that's what I do, everytime. If I suddenly won the lottery, I'd probably go completely insane, having more money than I could ever spend in my lifetime.

Just trying to imagine what life would be like, not having to spend hours every payday getting everything budgeted.... nope, can't really imagine having that much money, that I could just throw it around willy-nilly.

Plus the aspect of not knowing what gets put into commercial ejuice... that kinda gives me the willies. That's why I think the 5P thing is so hysterically funny... they charge a bloody fortune... for juice that has poison in it. ROFL!!!! Goes to show you that the old saying is true... fools and their money are soon parted.

Andria

:smokie:Vape on, Andria.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
When I make a 200ml batch I use a 100 ml grad cylinder to measure the VG. My mixes usually don't need extra PG to get to 30/70 or so. I either mix into a beaker (for faster breathing) or straight into the storage bottle. I measure 1 or extra ml to account for what's left in the cylinder.

If I'm making a smaller batch I'll pour VG into a 30ml syringe with the plunger removed. Then it acts like a grad cylinder that is easy to evacuate. If I'm making a very small 10-20ml batch I might draw the VG up in a syringe with a 14ga blunt needle, but I'll usually heat the VG first int eh microwave. A little heat will get it about to the viscosity of PG at room temp.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
If I HAD to guess, I'd say that was around 4v on a 1.8ohm coil, on an airy clearo like a T3 or protank :) let me know how far off I am.
You didn't answer my question. I need to know if that rig made it to womp rat status :)

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
@chopdoc where did you pick up that beautiful looking Velocity? I need one immediately.

The Velocity is currently out of stock at Avid Vaper.

The Tobeco Velocity clone at eciggity.com is a quality piece of work for $19.99

Just sayin'... (I own more than one of each - it IS my favorite atty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread