Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You didn't answer my question. I need to know if that rig made it to womp rat status :)
Aw c'mon, should know what my answer would be. If you're womping in your heart while you're puffing that cloud, then it's a modwomper :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
And the Velocity also arrived today.
C176la0.png

Now this one is unreal. Can do massive airflow for cloud chasing or be turned down for flavor chasing and it delivers excellent flavor. Did a flavor chaser coil build on it.

Has a deep well and the seals are good enough on it where you can over fill it without a huge mess. Of the three, this is my favorite.
After seein that I had to go build my Velocity. It is unreal with huge air, more than my Hellboys. Very big flavor clouds. I don't know why I haven't used it before.
Rat mod 002 (248x400).jpg

Quick sloppy build but it performs good

Rat mod 004 (280x210) (248x186).jpg

Last edited:

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Even the graduated cylinder is gratuitous -- I mix straight into the bottle it's going to stay in, so as not to waste any in the cylinder.

Andria

Yes I agree it is gratuitous. My nic always goes straight into the final container. The grad is used for VG/PG if the batch is > 50 ml or so. ;)

We could mix juice on our laps in a car if need be. :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Even the graduated cylinder is gratuitous -- I mix straight into the bottle it's going to stay in, so as not to waste any in the cylinder.

Andria

Same here. My biggest bottles for mixing juice into are 100 ml. I use a 3 ml syringe for small flavorings and a 10 ml oral syringe similar to these for the PG and VG. The big bore snout moves VG quickly and the bottle adapter handles the 1/2 liter glass bottles I use to store PG and VG in. Got that idea from one of Hoosier's blogs.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Ok, @USMCotaku ... I took your advice and went really skimpy on the wick. It's sitting at 380F... boosted it to 400F... and it barely vapes at all. I think my wicking was just fine -- at first, it vaped just great -- for about a day, then just fell off to nearly nothing.

I'm gonna rewick this with a more normal amount, but not tonight; I can endure only so much frustration per day. :)

Andria

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Ok, @USMCotaku ... I took your advice and went really skimpy on the wick. It's sitting at 380F... boosted it to 400F... and it barely vapes at all. I think my wicking was just fine -- at first, it vaped just great -- for about a day, then just fell off to nearly nothing.

I'm gonna rewick this with a more normal amount, but not tonight; I can endure only so much frustration per day. :)

Andria
Maybe the difference is I'm using rayon :p
Now that you don't have to worry about dry hits, maybe try that out again

Reactions: TrollDragon

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Maybe the difference is I'm using rayon :p
Now that you don't have to worry about dry hits, maybe try that out again

Nah, I just don't like the taste of it. At first, it had no taste to me; then when I got those godawful dry hits with it, now I can identify the taste of it, and I really hate it. The japanese organic pads are great -- didn't Busardo say they actually wick *better* than rayon? I can taste the cotton ever so slightly when a wick is new, but it's not an unpleasant taste, and it fades quickly.

I seem to prefer the Shiseido to the KGD; dunno why, but I get better results with it.

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
A couple of syringes, a graduated cylinder and a couple square feet of counter while mixing is all one needs.

This is my work area. A couple square feet of space I don't have. :laugh:
IMAG2170.jpg

There's a laptop under there; this is also my home office.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States

Andria
When I make a 200ml batch I use a 100 ml grad cylinder to measure the VG. My mixes usually don't need extra PG to get to 30/70 or so. I either mix into a beaker (for faster breathing) or straight into the storage bottle. I measure 1 or extra ml to account for what's left in the cylinder.

If I'm making a smaller batch I'll pour VG into a 30ml syringe with the plunger removed. Then it acts like a grad cylinder that is easy to evacuate. If I'm making a very small 10-20ml batch I might draw the VG up in a syringe with a 14ga blunt needle, but I'll usually heat the VG first int eh microwave. A little heat will get it about to the viscosity of PG at room temp.

I use to use all that stuff. Graduated cylinders, syringes, vials, and I used them for a good while. Now I just get out my scale, put an empty bottle on it and zero it out. Pour in the nicotine with a pipette, zero the scale and then the PG with a pipette, zero the scale and the VG with a 50 ml cup, and then most flavors I can drip in the amount I need zero'ing the scale for each one. Takes me a third of the time it use to to mix up batches. I am about to mix up two 60 ml bottles of vanilla cherry cuban cigar and I will have both of them done and steeping in the amount of time it use to take me to mix up just one bottle.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Nah, I just don't like the taste of it. At first, it had no taste to me; then when I got those godawful dry hits with it, now I can identify the taste of it, and I really hate it. The japanese organic pads are great -- didn't Busardo say they actually wick *better* than rayon? I can taste the cotton ever so slightly when a wick is new, but it's not an unpleasant taste, and it fades quickly.

I seem to prefer the Shiseido to the KGD; dunno why, but I get better results with it.

Andria
He said that, but he wasn't using the rayon correctly, so the test wasn't accurate.

Doesn't hurt to try it out once more :p

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014

Andria

To my taste Rayon has a soybean taste to it for the first 4 or 5 draws on a fresh wick and then becomes flavorless. I can not tell any diferance on taste between it and cotton after the initial flavor of a new wick. What I do like about Rayon over cotton is I can run my temps higher without getting a burnt taste. No matter how you temp control, if you go too far above the wick burn point your going to get a burnt taste when it runs out of juice. With Rayon I can go to 500 F and not get a burnt hit if I pay attention to my vaping. When it start to produce less vapor and its getting cooler, time for juice. With cotton 420 F seems the magic number to me.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Today makes a year for me since my last smoke. Four days prior to that I bought an EGO started kit and began my vaping journey.

Well done, chopdoc! Hope you enjoyed your special day. It's the first of many wonderful milestones on this journey. :)

15331_orj_zps427a927e.JPG

Hi modwompers. I actually got special permission to post in here, and while waiting for that, I had plenty of time to put on my anti-tomato suit. :)

It's red. Just in case. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread