Not open for further replies.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Maybe for my *2 yr* no-smoke-a-versary. :D In a year, the prices on those should have dropped substantially. I love hi-tech. :D If you just wait, you can get some great prices on slightly-older tech -- like my i5 laptop with 16gb ram, that cost less than the P4 desktop+monitor I bought in 2006. :D

They really are great looking mods; I've been scoping them out for a while, but currently they're far outside my budget. I'm not averse to waiting. :D

Andria

That all depends on Yihi dropping the price of the chipset in those. Theyve been around for a year already and are still the same price they were then! The chip alone is still $80 at Varitube! I still wanna see if one will fit in my sigelei Mini but the chip costs more than the Sig does.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So, a cat nap?
:lol:

Heh... the funny thing is, since we got the new couch, everytime I've lain down on it, the cat jumps on the coffee table and looks at me like "so where am I gonna lay?" :lol: I swear she thinks it's a new luxury-size cat bed. :D When I woke up from my nap, she was lying on the top of the back of it... but I have no recollection of how she got there. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
That all depends on Yihi dropping the price of the chipset in those. Theyve been around for a year already and are still the same price they were then! The chip alone is still $80 at Varitube! I still wanna see if one will fit in my Sigelei Mini but the chip costs more than the Sig does.

Maybe Yihi will come out with a new super-duper magic-whammo chip, so the older-chip models go down in price. :D Seems to happen about every 12 hrs with PCs and smartphones. :D

Andria

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Heh... the funny thing is, since we got the new couch, everytime I've lain down on it, the cat jumps on the coffee table and looks at me like "so where am I gonna lay?" :lol: I swear she thinks it's a new luxury-size cat bed. :D When I woke up from my nap, she was lying on the top of the back of it... but I have no recollection of how she got there. :D

Andria
And what makes you think that's your furniture?
:)

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
OK, ModWompers... I celebrated my one year vaperversary (no smokaverary) yesterday without any fanfare. I actually forgot about it until I saw my sig line just before midnight :)

So I ordered an eVic-VT and a couple spools of Ti wire today to celebrate. I was actually thinking about one of those SX Mini M's but in the end I wasn't real sure exactly what I was getting for my extra $150.

Belated Congrats VNeil!!!!!!!

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Sorry to hear the Evic Vt didnt work out for you Andria, especially since I was one of them who recommended it to you. :(

You might wanna look at the Smok M80 Plus. USMCotaku warned me not to get it and when it arrived and I tried it I started kicking myself in the .... for not listening. It would not run my Ni200 coils at all. I was like, fudge, now what. But I liked its shape and the style batteries it has seemed a positive to me so what the hell, might as well use it. Then I got to reading about it some more and it will do temp control with Kanthal. Hmmmm, a silver lining here.
Long story short, put my Lemo II on it with a kanthal coil at .4 ohms and started vaping it under temp control. I have it set up for 430 F and 80 watts, and when I vape it wont go over 35 watts which is close to where I liked the Lemo II on a regular regulated mod. I turned it down to 9 watts just to try it and it was producing vapor.
So far I ran the Lemo II dry twice and have yet to get a dry hit. Both my IPV4's and my Evic VT will vape warm, cool, warm, cool, as it cycling thru the temp control but the Smok M80 plus doesnt do that, it stays warm like I like it yet it is varying the wattage to maintain temp control, just not as much as the other ones are. What I thought at first was a POS turns out to be a better performer than the other TC ones I have and I am thinking seriously of picking up a second one in a couple of weeks.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Sorry to hear the Evic Vt didnt work out for you Andria, especially since I was one of them who recommended it to you. :(

You might wanna look at the Smok M80 Plus. USMCotaku warned me not to get it and when it arrived and I tried it I started kicking myself in the .... for not listening. It would not run my Ni200 coils at all. I was like, fudge, now what. But I liked its shape and the style batteries it has seemed a positive to me so what the hell, might as well use it. Then I got to reading about it some more and it will do temp control with Kanthal. Hmmmm, a silver lining here.
Long story short, put my Lemo II on it with a kanthal coil at .4 ohms and started vaping it under temp control. I have it set up for 430 F and 80 watts, and when I vape it wont go over 35 watts which is close to where I liked the Lemo II on a regular regulated mod. I turned it down to 9 watts just to try it and it was producing vapor.
So far I ran the Lemo II dry twice and have yet to get a dry hit. Both my IPV4's and my Evic VT will vape warm, cool, warm, cool, as it cycling thru the temp control but the Smok M80 plus doesnt do that, it stays warm like I like it yet it is varying the wattage to maintain temp control, just not as much as the other ones are. What I thought at first was a POS turns out to be a better performer than the other TC ones I have and I am thinking seriously of picking up a second one in a couple of weeks.
The thing is, though it might work out for you, it's not actually doing tc...... It is using some strange ramp up algorithm.....a weird guestimate. Total false advertising on their part :p

Reactions: TrollDragon

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
A quick update....
d8ca49b78f9f82da4a146e7584420ff8.jpg

With its adjustable tcr, this has quickly become one of my favorite mods to use :D
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Reactions: Lessifer

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
SX Mini is very a heavy item.

So is the Evic-VT!!!! In fact I just shipped it, and the weight was 1.3 lbs... some of that was the box, the charge cable, the silicone sleeve, and the titanium wire I threw in -- but titanium is VERY light, so is cardboard -- so probably at least 1 lb of it was the Evic itself.

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread