Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sounds good so far. It's when you start making equations where the letter variables bear no relationship to the properties being discussed that I have problems. Whoever thought it was a good idea to use letters for FRENCH words, all I have to say is: :pervy:pltltltltp! I don't speak french, nor do I need to!

I can't hold it in my mind for more than a few seconds at a time, so I give up. Not even gonna go there; migraines aren't pleasant.

Andria

If the French discovered it, give them their due. Countryist. :pervy:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Excellent!! So we'll see some pics soon, of your brass Kraken with your SXK? Is a Kraken one of those genny things?

Andria
Yup :p
2b2cef399dbb56c645469ab6e68557e9.jpg

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
See, being a math idiot doesn't mean I'm a TOTAL idiot. :lol: Non-math-idiots can apparently figure the angular velocity, given sufficient constants for the other aspects, but I make do with knowing that angular momentum is what keeps it happening. :D

We are each gifted with different "knowledge sets". Math (in many variations) has been "relatively easy" for me. While my grammar may be good, I feel that my writing lacks passion and creativity. I'll never crank calculations that will prove the next technological advance, nor will I write a NY Times best seller.

And to get things back on track, I just mixed up a new batch of my fave juice. Added slightly more lemon to it and I'll see how that goes for the next couple of weeks. Sometimes I feel my recipes just go around in circles. A bit more of this one time and a bit less of another ingredient the next time until it all repeats.

I think I seriously need to get out more :2cool:

I've tried variations of lemon (TFA Lemon and Lemon/Lime) and for the life of me, I can't keep the juice from clouding. Also, I find that after a day or two, I start to get a weird after-taste - can't describe it, but it's not a true "lemony" flavor.... I've tried mixing all my flavorings (PG) first and then adding my VG elements. My nic is VG-based, and my "filler" is all VG, so the only PG comes from the flavors. Thoughts? TIA

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I was thinking of this quite idly while standing there doing the dishes, and a term came to me that I must have encountered in my *very* layman's-oriented reading about physics -- angular momentum -- so I looked it up, and yes, it's apparently the balance between the object's speed and the gravitational "fall", which keeps it moving around the earth rather than a) falling to Earth or b) flying off in a straight line from Earth.

See, being a math idiot doesn't mean I'm a TOTAL idiot. :lol: Non-math-idiots can apparently figure the angular velocity, given sufficient constants for the other aspects, but I make do with knowing that angular momentum is what keeps it happening. :D
I like to think of it in terms of the Hitchhiker's Guide: they're always falling, but keep missing the ground.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I like to think of it in terms of the Hitchhiker's Guide: they're always falling, but keep missing the ground.

I was just amazed that I actually came up with the proper term for it; it's been probably 20 yrs since I read anything to do with physics (Hawkings' book written to the layman level, or possibly "A World Treasury of Physics, Astronomy, and Mathematics", which I struggled with, but slogged on until I got to the 'closed space' concept -- after that I was too wigged out to carry on!), and the term just sorta popped in; I wasn't even sure it was anything to do with this, until I looked it up. It was hiding in there in some long-term memory bank. :D

Andria

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
back to a more down to earth subject.. :) ... I have my EVIC-VT coming in today. Wish me luck :). My Ti wire from UnKamen will probably be here tomorrow. I bought some new drippers and a Lemo V2. I bought the Lemo because everyone seems to have one, although not everyone likes it. So I thought I would give it a spin. I bought a clone Derringer, because people always rave about the flavor in that thing. A Sapor because I wanted to try the top airflow and see if it is really leak-proof, even for a serial over-dripper like me :). A Freakshow and Freakshow mini just because they were really cheap on a closeout and I'm curious about the below coil airflow, and if it is really possible to build those things so the juice doesn't just drip straight down the air holes :). And a Royal Hunter because I have always thought they were cool and found a decent price on it while shopping for something else. And an Xtar VC4 charger. That concludes my Vaperversary shopping binge :) And I'm almost Vapocalyse proof now.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
back to a more down to earth subject.. :) ... I have my EVIC-VT coming in today. Wish me luck :). My Ti wire from UnKamen will probably be here tomorrow. I bought some new drippers and a Lemo V2. I bought the Lemo because everyone seems to have one, although not everyone likes it. So I thought I would give it a spin. I bought a clone Derringer, because people always rave about the flavor in that thing. A Sapor because I wanted to try the top airflow and see if it is really leak-proof, even for a serial over-dripper like me :). A Freakshow and Freakshow mini just because they were really cheap on a closeout and I'm curious about the below coil airflow, and if it is really possible to build those things so the juice doesn't just drip straight down the air holes :). And a Royal Hunter because I have always thought they were cool and found a decent price on it while shopping for something else. And an Xtar VC4 charger. That concludes my Vaperversary shopping binge :) And I'm almost Vapocalyse proof now.
I had a Freakshow but returned it because the screws were really sloppy and would also clip leads.

Reactions: TrollDragon

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I had a Freakshow but returned it because the screws were really sloppy and would also clip leads.
I had the same problem with my 3 Trolls (same maker of course). That was the only thing I didn't like about the Trolls but I made my peace with them by being extra careful. One of the things I like about the Royal Hunter design is they they apparently put plugs into the posts and I'm trying to figure out something to stuff into the Trolls and anything I get with that problem.

Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread