Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Wow youre lucky you got that much enjoyment out of an ego! I got my first Protank 2 within a month and pit my Evods back in their box. Couple months later got my first KFL and all my Kangers have been collecting dust ever since!

I liked how they was small and I could take them with me and no one would be the wiser about it. Even had some lanyards for them. They did serve me well.

Agreed! This basicly shows my early atty progression. I still use my kayfuns though due i love them on my mechs.
FrT7Qc0.jpg

Actually tried one of the evods last night, and i was like... did i realy quit smoking with these?
But at the time they did their jobb. :p

Nowadays i'm only using rta/RDAs...

If I posted a pic of my old gear, yall would trip. Probably around 30 EGO batteries, a few spinner II's, couple hundred CE4's, CE5's MT3's TS3"s protanks and all. I have 10 brand new 1100 mah EGO's on the shelf and around 30 new G5-H2 CE5's. As I run across people wanting to try vaping and quit smoking, I set them up with my old gear.
The Kayfuns and Lemo's I quit using because they dont measure up to the kanger subtank mini's IMHO. I always mouth to lung hit until the first time I tried the subtank and it demands lung hits and are so natural it is unreal to me. The kayfuns are just to restrictive now.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I bored out my evods and they are great nary a gurgle unless left in hot car. Not sure why so many complain of the gurgle. I build my own coils with cotton.
When I used a protank, my rebuilt/rewicked heads always worked better than factory.

I pretty much exclusively use my atlantis but i just got an orchid the other and have fiddling with that for a few days. Built it at .5-.6. Still not sure about it tho.
I have an orchid, I could never get the wicking right though, always ended up leaking. I'll admit that I didn't try very hard though, I'm a dripper at heart.

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
I have an orchid, I could never get the wicking right though, always ended up leaking. I'll admit that I didn't try very hard though, I'm a dripper at heart.
So you like dripping but do you use any tanks. I'm getting my first dripper tomorrow, to try the building part, but think I won't like the hassle of constant use. We will see though.
I tried rebuilding my evod coils, but they are so small that I didn't have good results. I can get a month out of a coil with cleaning and dry burning, so a dollar a month for a coil is pretty cheap.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
(Sadly I still have to call my mom everytime I make one too cause I can never remember what damn temperature to cook em at)

Down here, I refuse to turn the oven on from Memorial Day until Halloween. My wallet hurts when I see my oven and A/C battling for supremacy.

Microwave at 80% for 5 minutes will get you by...

Jay :headbang:

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Hit something of a milestone today.

Enjoying a Powell Street Brewery "Ode to Citra" and shook out the last few precious drops of my bi-weekly Castle Long...

...this marks the first time I've had enough self control to make it last! :D

[EDIT] I've also set aside one of these gorgeous mechs for pickup tomorrow as an early birthday present/2 months back on the wagon reward. Pending in-person inspection, but I've been following these guys since they announced they'd finally be making a mechanical.

11194430_983508611659132_3960920573832126020_o.jpeg

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
When I used a protank, my rebuilt/rewicked heads always worked better than factory.
As do mine. I rewick them several times as well before recoiling. I think I have only recoiled one of my builds. Been building them for a couple of months or longer. I forget....

I rinse and rewick them after about 15 ml of juice or so.

Reactions: Lessifer

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I agree, maybe that they use the wire that has the NR legs, dunno.
As do mine. I rewick them several times as well before recoiling. I think I have only recoiled one of my builds. Been building them for a couple of months or longer. I forget....

I rinse and rewick them after about 15 ml of juice or so.
Being that I use NET's I think I get about 5 or 6 dry burns out of them before the legs fall off...so to speak, but I had to replace the silica almost everyday.

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
So you like dripping but do you use any tanks. I'm getting my first dripper tomorrow, to try the building part, but think I won't like the hassle of constant use. We will see though.
I tried rebuilding my evod coils, but they are so small that I didn't have good results. I can get a month out of a coil with cleaning and dry burning, so a dollar a month for a coil is pretty cheap.
The closest I get to a tank right now is my smokeless owl bf mod, dripping from the bottom works for me. Other than that, I have a number of drippers that I use for various uses. If I'm going to be out and about and don't want to drip often, I use the Veritas, huge juice well, near leak proof. Flavor I use the derringer, reduced chamber and fully adjustable air flow, and easy builds. The igo-l has a pretty decent juice well and is small so you get good flavor, as long as you don't mind trapping wire legs under screw heads.

For me, the key to getting a lot of vapes between drips has been using short cotton wick legs. I don't stuff the well full of cotton, I use a wick just long enough to touch the deck on both sides, that way I can get juice in the well instead of having a few inches of saturated cotton.

ETA: dripping matches my vaping style. I don't vape constantly, just every hour or two I take a few minute break to vape some. So drip 10-15 drops, vape it, put it away. Being able to change flavors easily is very cool too.

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
ETA: dripping matches my vaping style. I don't vape constantly, just every hour or two I take a few minute break to vape some. So drip 10-15 drops, vape it, put it away. Being able to change flavors easily is very cool too.
Maybe I'll like it too then. That's pretty close to my vape style.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Maybe I'll like it too then. That's pretty close to my vape style.
Hardest part for me was driving, BUT 15 drops in the igo-l or veritas would last me for up to a 40 minute drive. Anything longer than that and I'd have to pull some ninja dripping while driving moves.

I've tried other tanks before, I had a Rocket(kayfun knockoff), and a couple of aga-t2's, and even when I got them working well and wicking well, the flavor just didn't match up to dripping.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
For me, the key to getting a lot of vapes between drips has been using short cotton wick legs. I don't stuff the well full of cotton, I use a wick just long enough to touch the deck on both sides, that way I can get juice in the well instead of having a few inches of saturated cotton.

This is definitely true, but not always convenient. On a dripper with a smaller well I'll usually "pad" it generously to avoid leaks. I also find in certain designs a smaller wick isn't always welcome. My Royal Hunter as an example always has extra cotton along the bottom to reduce the chamber somewhat. It performs best with smaller coils, and especially with a single coil, the removal of some of that negative space is valuable. No doubt about it though, you're looking at wasting a good 2-3ml if you go bananas.

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
I womped it forward this evening by loaning my buddy the sxmini/nautimini for a boys night out. I spent 10 hours today tiling his new bathroom and was in no mood to go with him. :blush: Man, I'm gettin old. :(

He's excited about vaping and wants me to get him a Provari setup, because he loves mine. I told him to stop putting crazy deadlines on me and I'll stay awake long enough to get it for him.
In the mean time, Womp it forward.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hardest part for me was driving, BUT 15 drops in the igo-l or veritas would last me for up to a 40 minute drive. Anything longer than that and I'd have to pull some ninja dripping while driving moves.

I've tried other tanks before, I had a Rocket(kayfun knockoff), and a couple of aga-t2's, and even when I got them working well and wicking well, the flavor just didn't match up to dripping.
The Origen Dripper V2 or V3 has a nice 1.5ml well for juice that can last quite a while. This depends on a single or dual coil build and your vaping style. It is also one of the best flavor RDA's available.

Vertical build takes getting use to but becomes quite easy.
NTndPuy.jpg

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I womped it forward this evening by loaning my buddy the sxmini/nautimini for a boys night out. I spent 10 hours today tiling his new bathroom and was in no mood to go with him. :blush: Man, I'm gettin old. :(

He's excited about vaping and wants me to get him a Provari setup, because he loves mine. I told him to stop putting crazy deadlines on me and I'll stay awake long enough to get it for him.
In the mean time, Womp it forward.
Let me get this straight.....you let him use your vape equipment and tiled his bathroom, then you are going to get him set up with a Provari!....You are a generous man no doubt.....Hey speaking of which....I saw a Porsche 997 I want to add to my collection and do you mow lawns!
ef3b5f83.x50.gif

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Yep, that may be a super tidy build, but vertical coils aren't as daunting as they may look once you find a good method for bending the legs. I've been using vertical micros on my Cyclone for years. Frankly, on a dripper set up for coils like that there's likely very little bending involved. Wicking is usually tricky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread