Status
Not open for further replies.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Unfortunately this is an area in which many various abilities come in and without knowing the actual form of illness is it next to impossible to determine from this POV. That said, you mention mentally disabled, so going on this alone, what is the area in which is affected by her illness? Most often serious illnesses such as Schizophrenia, can hamper cognitive skills however if Bipolar, a person can still function cognitively.

If it is a Personality disorder or OCD most often does not affect cognitive skills, same for other forms such as Phobias, Dissociative and Stress related disorders.....And there are half dozen more, but doubtful any would apply in this case.

So from this perspective it is important to understand a few things....can or are any of the following cognitive skills affected?

Ability to pay attention, ability to remember and recall information, ability to process information quickly, ability to respond to information quickly, ability to think critically, plan, organize and problem solve. ability to initiate speech...

..But also motor skills should be considered..is she able to use her physical dexterity, does she suffer from Tics...also known as Tourette's syndrome etc. Visual acuity and so on, anything that she may have difficulty with from a physical aspect. I say this because many who suffer mental illness can become agitated if they have difficulty doing basic physical activities.

These will vary person to person of course, but they can help you determine if she is capable based on her ability or level in which she can perform such skills and if she is lagging in one or more, will they affect basic vaping tasks?

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Ummm hi, my name is Darth Omerta, and i have a problem with modwomping. It started just like everybody else, just looking for something to help me quit smoking, then i started upgrading, piece by piece. Now I cant stop! Always modding my rig, constantly building new coils with different resistances, not because i need to, just cause its fun. I use mechs exclusively and builds range from .4 - 1.8. I also use 4 different tanks with prefab coils, just cause it's different.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Ummm hi, my name is Darth Omerta, and i have a problem with modwomping. It started just like everybody else, just looking for something to help me quit smoking, then i started upgrading, piece by piece. Now I cant stop! Always modding my rig, constantly building new coils with different resistances, not because i need to, just cause its fun. I use mechs exclusively and builds range from .4 - 1.8. I also use 4 different tanks with prefab coils, just cause it's different.

And the problem is?

I started the same way. Just trying to quit. Now almost a year later I probably invested around $3K in vaping. Sounds like a lot but way I see it smoking the same amount of time would of cost me around $5K So in reality I have a $2K savings with a ton of shineys that came in the form of vape mail. Win win if you ask me. :thumbs:
(A buddy of mine who smokes Marlbro like I use to said he spent $117 on two cartons of cigarettes this week...ouch!)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
'sup womp rats!

37477f87a228528aaf782e01637cbb8e.jpg

:D
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
In chorus: Hi Darth Omerta

Pull up a chair, I think you'll like it here :)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I tried to get her on an ego last year. Something about its looks put her off.

She's actually quite competent with electronic gadgets like phones and tablets. I think the istick reminds her of her iphone.

She also has cerebral palsy so my aunt would need to fill it. Otherwise the juice would probably be everywhere but in the tank. I haven't had a Nautilus so wasn't sure how hard they were to fill and use. I am concerned how often she might break the glass tank, but it seems like all clearos have glass tanks. Please tell me they sell replacement glass. I need to look it up.

Stuff she wants to learn, she can be quite competent with. Stuff she doesn't like doing, well, then she's the laziest person you've ever met. Trust me, she will never clean it. That will be on my aunt. Otherwise my cousin will be vaping creeping crud or give up on it.

She may also be bipolar. We were discussing it yesterday. It runs in the family. Nearly everyone on that side of my family is or seems to have touches of it. I suspect she is, and so does my aunt. Other people said no, she's just very moody.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

She's actually quite competent with electronic gadgets like phones and tablets. I think the istick reminds her of her iphone.

She also has cerebral palsy so my aunt would need to fill it. Otherwise the juice would probably be everywhere but in the tank. I haven't had a Nautilus so wasn't sure how hard they were to fill and use. I am concerned how often she might break the glass tank, but it seems like all clearos have glass tanks. Please tell me they sell replacement glass. I need to look it up.

Stuff she wants to learn, she can be quite competent with. Stuff she doesn't like doing, well, then she's the laziest person you've ever met. Trust me, she will never clean it. That will be on my aunt. Otherwise my cousin will be vaping creeping crud or give up on it.

She may also be bipolar. We were discussing it yesterday. It runs in the family. Nearly everyone on that side of my family is or seems to have touches of it. I suspect she is, and so does my aunt. Other people said no, she's just very moody.
The nauti's have a steel cage replacement tank.....

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

Sounds like she may be fine using it, as long as the hand motion and firing while drawing aren't a problem. If she IS bipolar, and this is meant to replace smoking, it may not take though. My wife was recently diagnosed as bp, with a tendency towards depression, vaping just doesn't do it for her.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014

They do sell replacement glass and also stainless steel cages that will protect it from drops. You're Aunt will have to fill it but other than that it should be a good setup. Hopefully she will get attached to it like her other tech and give it that little extra to it as well.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Sounds like she may be fine using it, as long as the hand motion and firing while drawing aren't a problem. If she IS bipolar, and this is meant to replace smoking, it may not take though. My wife was recently diagnosed as bp, with a tendency towards depression, vaping just doesn't do it for her.

Don't give up though I'm BP (go figure from my posts huh) and vaping has worked for me.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Don't give up though I'm BP (go figure from my posts huh) and vaping has worked for me.
Yeah, I think it COULD work for her, but so far she hasn't been willing to give it a decent try. She tried when I first started over two years ago, using a protank and an ego, not enough for her. Occasionally I can get her to take a puff from one of my drippers, but she says it's too harsh, but won't sit down and try different liquids/pg vg ratios/nic strengths/builds etc.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well, we'll see if they let her have one this time. Last year I looked up a ton of gear to show them, but they didn't let her get one so I'm not going through all the work this time unless they say yes. But, she hadn't forgotten about it. I didn't even have my truck in park before she was at my window yesterday. "Audreeeeyyy! I want an e cig!"

She was upset I wouldn't let her try it, but I knew she would choke. My setups are all running pretty high power and direct lung hits.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Nautilus are great low maintenance tanks till they will not unscrew (the mini) and you have to use hot water and rubber gloves to get them apart. I think one of those GS Air M or MS tanks would be a better choice. Sorry but I already piffed mine away or she could have had that one with a new box of coils.

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Nautilus are great low maintenance tanks till they will not unscrew (the mini) and you have to use hot water and rubber gloves to get them apart. I think one of those GS Air M or MS tanks would be a better choice. Sorry but I already piffed mine away or she could have had that one with a new box of coils.

Are those subohm big air tanks though? She will already have to learn how to fire and inhale at the same time, and even m2l is a different technique from smoking.

Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread