Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Reactions: roxynoodle

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
And the problem is?

I started the same way. Just trying to quit. Now almost a year later I probably invested around $3K in vaping. Sounds like a lot but way I see it smoking the same amount of time would of cost me around $5K So in reality I have a $2K savings with a ton of shineys that came in the form of vape mail. Win win if you ask me. :thumbs:
(A buddy of mine who smokes Marlbro like I use to said he spent $117 on two cartons of cigarettes this week...ouch!)

Definitely no problem. Just thought it a fun way to intro myself as a whomper! I see it the same way! I love my new addiction(the toys not the nicotine, i vape mostly 0mg but every now and then i fire some nic in for funsies).

As for all you womp rats...careful not to get bullseyed by that whiney lunatic Luke!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I was Modwomping the Origenny earlier, my threads are starting to strip (aluminum 510 connector) so I put one of those FT finned heat rings on it. Protects the threads and doesn't look to bad. :)
Origenny.jpg

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Serious question: do you think a mentally disabled person could learn to use an istick and Nautilus mini? This is for my cousin. Last year she wanted a cigalike, which she never bought. Now she wants an istick.

Out of simple curiosity Roxynoodle, how does she even know what an Istick is?

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Definitely no problem. Just thought it a fun way to intro myself as a whomper! I see it the same way! I love my new addiction(the toys not the nicotine, i vape mostly 0mg but every now and then i fire some nic in for funsies).

As for all you womp rats...careful not to get bullseyed by that whiney lunatic Luke!

Welcome to the Mod Wompers! And Luke dont scare us! :evil:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I tried to get her on an ego last year. Something about its looks put her off.

She's actually quite competent with electronic gadgets like phones and tablets. I think the istick reminds her of her iphone.

She also has cerebral palsy so my aunt would need to fill it. Otherwise the juice would probably be everywhere but in the tank. I haven't had a Nautilus so wasn't sure how hard they were to fill and use. I am concerned how often she might break the glass tank, but it seems like all clearos have glass tanks. Please tell me they sell replacement glass. I need to look it up.

Stuff she wants to learn, she can be quite competent with. Stuff she doesn't like doing, well, then she's the laziest person you've ever met. Trust me, she will never clean it. That will be on my aunt. Otherwise my cousin will be vaping creeping crud or give up on it.

She may also be bipolar. We were discussing it yesterday. It runs in the family. Nearly everyone on that side of my family is or seems to have touches of it. I suspect she is, and so does my aunt. Other people said no, she's just very moody.
More often than not, the CP patient is also immature in nature, they have a tendency to be more childlike in some of their behavior, so you may need to look at getting her a device based on that. This also explains why she may be rather picky or selective as well. She may latch on to the first thing that attracts her and will not let go of it, figuratively speaking.

In any normal situation I too would suggest the Nautilus, but they are prone to having a tight fit, even I have to use a towel on the base to remove for a coil change or refill, not to mention the coil can remain in the chimney when taken apart, neither of these traits would be a good choice for a CP patient. I am certain she has some diminished motor skills in her hands, even if to a small extent.

OTOH if you could rebuild an Atlantis coil to above 1.6 that might work well. The Atlantis are easily taken apart(the base) and the AFC can be set to the smallest port and using a smaller diameter drip tip it could be very close to a tootle puffer tank. And they also have the SS cage around the Pyrex to keep it safe for her.:)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
More often than not, the CP patient is also immature in nature, they have a tendency to be more childlike in some of their behavior, so you may need to look at getting her a device based on that. This also explains why she may be rather picky or selective as well. She may latch on to the first thing that attracts her and will not let go of it, figuratively speaking.

In any normal situation I too would suggest the Nautilus, but they are prone to having a tight fit, even I have to use a towel on the base to remove for a coil change or refill, not to mention the coil can remain in the chimney when taken apart, neither of these traits would be a good choice for a CP patient. I am certain she has some diminished motor skills in her hands, even if to a small extent.

OTOH if you could rebuild an Atlantis coil to above 1.6 that might work well. The Atlantis are easily taken apart(the base) and the AFC can be set to the smallest port and using a smaller diameter drip tip it could be very close to a tootle puffer tank. And they also have the SS cage around the Pyrex to keep it safe for her.:)

Yes, childlike. She was arguing with a 2 year old yesterday. She's jealous of the attention he got (she's 35).

Yes, poor hand-eye coordination. My aunt will have to fill it and replace the coils.

I'm 2 hours away. I can't be building coils for them. And I doubt my aunt or uncle wants to learn. If its that much work for them, they will tell her no.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Roxy...If you can sell her on a Z max(Smok) they are simple, safe and very easy to use. I cannot see her using anything with all the options now available, and I doubt she even cares, she wants to see VAPOR is my guess....That said, if you can garner up her interest in a Zmax....I will give her one, my treat.:cool:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I'm 2 hours away. I can't be building coils for them. And I doubt my aunt or uncle wants to learn. If its that much work for them, they will tell her no.
Ok my misunderstanding, I thought she was a neighbor or close to that. Well she will need a coil design that has longevity, ease of use that I am sure. Even CE 5's would be a PITA, she would most likely dry hit the blasted things:):facepalm:

But you could rebuild a number of Atlantis coils and send them to her as needed....sorry I just assumed you have nothing better to do!
ef3b5f83.x50.gif
cd4680b6.x50.gif

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
She was upset I wouldn't let her try it, but I knew she would choke. My setups are all running pretty high power and direct lung hits.

Hah! My dad was telling one of his bowling teammates about how I quit with my vape and she got all excited about it and wanted to try it right then and there. I'd never let anyone put their mouth on my atty in the first place but all I could tell her was "Um I don't think you want a Derringer at 18w to 'try out' vaping, it'll blow your head off." :)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Hah! My dad was telling one of his bowling teammates about how I quit with my vape and she got all excited about it and wanted to try it right then and there. I'd never let anyone put their mouth on my atty in the first place but all I could tell her was "Um I don't think you want a Derringer at 18w to 'try out' vaping, it'll blow your head off." :)

Yeah, I didn't want her to try it because she slobbers (sorry, but she does). And I didn't want her to drop it. And my friend I introduced to vaping couldn't hit any of my setups without choking.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I worked 12 years on the oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico and every Friday was seafood night where you had all you could eat fried shrimp and fish. I got so sick and tired of shrimp and fish that it took over 10 years before I started liking it again. Where I work now they feed us and tonight was seafood night. They had probably 20 pounds of freshly fried shrimp on the line and some baked and fried fish. I opted for the gumbo instead.
Now last night was steak night and when that cook put that big ol well over a pound rib eye steak on my plate, I didnt complain at all. :thumb:
I was Oilfield Trash for 10 years and worked a lot of rig ups in the Gulf. Great food on those rigs. We had grilled to order Porterhouse steaks that covered the whole plate. You had to get another plate for any sides. I ran a Lemo 2 and a Delta II for a month before I finally opened my ST Mini. Glad I did. I agree, it's my favorite RTA too, and I like building it better than I thought I would.

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Are those subohm big air tanks though? She will already have to learn how to fire and inhale at the same time, and even m2l is a different technique from smoking.
Roxy, like Troll, I would also suggest the GS Air series. Probably the original GS Air because the air has to be adjusted with a screwdriver but once set, that's it. The others ( M and MS) have a loose ring adjustment that may be a problem. The tanks are virtually trouble free as far as leaking, flooding, and wicking problems for their class. They are cheap also, under 10 bucks

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I ran a single parallel coil at 0.49 ohms from sun up to sun down yesterday. Got home to find both 18650's sitting pretty at an identical 3.86V. All day, operating with about 80% headroom.

Dual parallel is for Modwomping. :)

I'm also really enjoying dual batteries. Twice the battery time is nice if you don't mind the bigger, heavier mod, which isn't a problem for me at home where I do most of my vaping :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I was Modwomping the Origenny earlier, my threads are starting to strip (aluminum 510 connector) so I put one of those FT finned heat rings on it. Protects the threads and doesn't look to bad. :)

It adds a bit of height Troll, but I think it looks great with your atty and DT :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread