Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I'm also really enjoying dual batteries. Twice the battery time is nice if you don't mind the bigger, heavier mod, which isn't a problem for me at home where I do most of my vaping :)

That's one of the reasons I had been holding out for a mech made of wood that was built to a high enough standard to satisfy me. Aside from the form-factor, the weight difference between it and my copper Trojan are basically negligible.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Thanks for being kind, folks. Last summer I started a thread about helping my cousin with using an e cig, and some people were pretty awful :( Some thought I wasn't being serious, or making fun of her when I said she was intellectually disabled :mad: And of course some made fun of her about that. They are people, too. She has jobs, a boyfriend, thoughts and feelings, and she likes beer and cigarettes :). And apparently isticks.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Thanks for being kind, folks. Last summer I started a thread about helping my cousin with using an e cig, and some people were pretty awful :( Some thought I wasn't being serious, or making fun of her when I said she was intellectually disabled :mad: And of course some made fun of her about that. They are people, too. She has jobs, a boyfriend, thoughts and feelings, and she likes beer and cigarettes :). And apparently isticks.

Acceptance should be our creed. Modwompers should never tolerate discrimination.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I'm also really enjoying dual batteries. Twice the battery time is nice if you don't mind the bigger, heavier mod, which isn't a problem for me at home where I do most of my vaping :)

I have a pair of IPV4's and they are great as dual battery mods. When doing regular vaping with a kanthal coil set at around .5 ohms they would last two days. Yet doing the temp control on them with a nickel coil set at .05 ohms I am lucky to get a day out of them :(

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a pair of IPV4's and they are great as dual battery mods. When doing regular vaping with a kanthal coil set at around .5 ohms they would last two days. Yet doing the temp control on them with a nickel coil set at .05 ohms I am lucky to get a day out of them :(

Do you use the same watts for both setups chopdoc?

Reactions: TrollDragon

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Thats cool Roxy, I try to get along with everyone and be understanding. Its like I told my missus once, "hun, your intellectual abilities isnt why I keep you around."
Do you know a cast iron skillet hurts like a son of a gun when it hits ya in mid back between the shoulder blades?

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Do you use the same watts for both setups chopdoc?

One reading is in joules and the other one is in watts so couldnt tell you if they are the same or not. My Evic VT will read watts while doing temp control and shows I am averaging 20isn watts for 400 F and I was vaping kanthal builds at 20 watts.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
One reading is in joules and the other one is in watts so couldnt tell you if they are the same or not. My Evic VT will read watts while doing temp control and shows I am averaging 20isn watts for 400 F and I was vaping kanthal builds at 20 watts.

Sounds close enough to me. I have the feeling that TP circuit uses a lot of power. I've never compared battery life in my DNA40 mod between Kanthal and TP setups.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Before I got my Evic VT I was swapping out batteries daily in my IPV4's. Now I have all three doing temp control with a subtank on each and at the end of the night I will charge whichever one of the IPV4's that is the lowest charge and plug in the Evic for a charge.

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
You guys ROCK!
Or should I say WOMP!
Just when I started thinking about stop getting on this site, you show me how open minded some people can be. I don't like negativity, which has been rampant here lately.
Roxy, I have no experience with the mentally handicapped, but it seems you got some good advice here.

WOMP ON!!!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't know (or care much) what the heck I am.
Perhaps a TootleSquonkWomper? That'd look good on a bumpersticker.

Much of the time, I'm at about 0.6 ohms on a Reo.
Sometimes single coil MTL, sometimes dual coil open-air. Sometimes, I get weird and vape a single coil but with both airholes full open. I get some clouds, but my gear is more optimized for flavor, and I don't LIKE anything I've built under 0.5 ohms.

But I also use a Provari with a cartotank. Yes, dammit, a cartotank.
It's handy and reliable and I can turn it upside down or drop it. It's a good stealth vape - my ProVari has seen a lot of restrooms. I try hard to not drop it there. And a spare carto is easier to pack than wire, cutter, wick, drill bits, hex driver, and an ohmmeter in case a coil dies.

Oh, and I'm at I think 9.5 mg (why not?), 66/34 VG/PG.

:D

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't know (or care much) what the heck I am.
Perhaps a TootleSquonkWomper? That'd look good on a bumpersticker.

Much of the time, I'm at about 0.6 ohms on a Reo.
Sometimes single coil MTL, sometimes dual coil open-air. Sometimes, I get weird and vape a single coil but with both airholes full open. I get some clouds, but my gear is more optimized for flavor, and I don't LIKE anything I've built under 0.5 ohms.

But I also use a Provari with a cartotank. Yes, dammit, a cartotank.
It's handy and reliable and I can turn it upside down or drop it. It's a good stealth vape - my ProVari has seen a lot of restrooms. I try hard to not drop it there. And a spare carto is easier to pack than wire, cutter, wick, drill bits, hex driver, and an ohmmeter in case a coil dies.

Oh, and I'm at I think 9.5 mg (why not?), 66/34 VG/PG.

:D
You're welcome here, whatever you are :D

I tried cartos, well, I tried two cartos. One leaked on me constantly, the other had nothing but dry hits, so I wrote them off a long time ago.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Built a .4 dual coil today. ..i hate it! Its running too hot and cooking my juice! All of this cause i wanted to try twisted kanthal coils, they didnt work so i did a quick 6 wrap to get me through the day at work.

My coil on a subtank mini is .05 and its vaping perfectly :) I dont like a hot vape but a nice warm vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread