The Womper Woom OR You Might Be A Modwomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Have to say, after using the hexclone last night and this morning I really dont see what is so great about the hexohm.

Maybe if I was coming from unregulated only vaping these electronics would be fancy.

180$ for 35$ In parts retail... No
When it first came out it was good and a step up from the unregulated mods. Not now with all the cheap regulated mods. A cult thing I suppose now?

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I keep hearing about this tank, hows the flavor ?

Oh go ahead and like it, thank goodness for the prenup I had the sense to sort years ago and Emma is beautiful, I'm very happy and so are the kids, it's all good.

The flavor is good as well as the airflow. I'm taken back about how good this tank is and the price is great. I paid $14 .44 on sale but I've seen them go for an average of under $20 buck. 2 drip tips, and 3 coils, a .5ohm SS316, 1.0 SS316 and a kanthal 1.5 clapton for MTL. A pack of 5 coils goes for less then $10. Overall well worth it! Also the top fill cup is so damn easy.
Glad to hear that all is good for you ad your family!!

P.S. They are putting out an RBA for it as well

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
When it first came out it was good and a step up from the unregulated mods. Not now with all the cheap regulated mods. A cult thing I suppose now?

The main thing about the hexohm was the instant power you got off that board, no regulated mod I have used has matched it in that department, It is just a very clean polished mod but apart from that, it is a cult thing.

I got fed up of checking the batteries to see what voltage they were at, that device would be more than happy to vent your batteries, let you exceed the recommended amps and fire no matter what build you put on it under any load. It had zero safety apart from reverse battery protection. (2.1)

They now sit in my glass display looking pretty :)

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
The main thing about the hexohm was the instant power you got off that board, no regulated mod I have used has matched it in that department, It is just a very clean polished mod but apart from that, it is a cult thing.

I got fed up of checking the batteries to see what voltage they were at, that device would be more than happy to vent your batteries, let you exceed the recommended amps and fire no matter what build you put on it under any load. It had zero safety apart from reverse battery protection. (2.1)

They now sit in my glass display looking pretty :)
Well said.

It was an interesting build but I think the parts are going to be recycled into something smaller.

I think I'll get a single cell board like the DNA 40 and make something more usefull.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
The RS is growing on me. Settings are nothing like everything else but I'm gaining.

Cubis has great flavor of you keep it fed.

DNA40 is such a great chip. Not enough power for good TC but for normal 40 watt use its the best I've had. Battery life is beyond belief

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
DNA40 is such a great chip. Not enough power for good TC but for normal 40 watt use its the best I've had. Battery life is beyond belief

Not enough power for TC? I think that would depend on how you use TC.

image.jpeg

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
LOL! I can! It might not have been funny at the time, but now? I laughed out loud. (Sorry, Rixta, but you have a way with words!)
It's fine Lannie yes haha, she did me a HUGE favor

Last edited:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Well said.

It was an interesting build but I think the parts are going to be recycled into something smaller.

I think I'll get a single cell board like the DNA 40 and make something more usefull.
That's why I wanted a DNA200 Hex ohm. Unfortunately I was on the list on the 25th October and he still had another 20 boxes to go so I pulled the plug...and the fact I don't use TC, it seemed rather silly.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
LOL! I can! It might not have been funny at the time, but now? I laughed out loud. (Sorry, Rixta, but you have a way with words!)

I've found even a very mild vape takes a massive preheat.

I run my DNA 200 at like 410 and 100 watts.

The RS 200 is 500 degrees and 150 watts for about the same vape.

I'd say it's about like a 35-50 watt vape in regular mode

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

So why do TC then?

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
So why do TC then?

Well I'm pretty new to this TC thing so I'm a poor spokesman.

I jumped on the bandwagon early and it wasn't ready yet.

ITs ready now.

I don't know how to describe it. The vape doesn't get hotter amd hotter as you hold the button I guess.

Its not something I can't live without. Yet. Little by little non-TC stuff is gathering dust

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Today was a vape mail day for sure! My new M80 plus from gearbest arrived and a Tobeco Super Tank KS. Rixsta turned me onto the Super Tanks and they really do deliver outstanding flavor without having to go super high watts. The advantage for me of the KS is it will hold a lot of juice, 7ml worth!

With the Super Tanks I found out yesterday they wont work on the M80 I have and the EvicVT. The center pin doesnt make a connection with those mods. I thought I was going to have that problem today with the KS. I put it on the new M80, hit the fire button and it said to check atomizer. Well Fudge! Looked at it and the bottom comes off and is adjustable so you can line it up with your mod. Looked in there and the pin inside was adjustable. Tried it again and same thing. Check Atomizer.... That bottom pin was sticking out a good ways now so it must be something else. Took the whole tank apart and it had a RBA deck in it with no coil. Houston, we found the problem! Put in the .2 ohm coil that came with it and it worked just fine on the M80. Pre juiced the coil and put it all back together. Now the drip tip wont fit it.... what the .... You have t take the neck off the RBA deck and screw it onto the coil for it to work so back apart and together again, juiced it up and it is vaping like a champ at 50 watts. Some pineapple Rixsta mix and the flavor is excellent!

TNmYz4E.jpg

You can see the little set screw at the bottom of the tank. Screw the tank onto your mod and they allow you to align the tank any way you want on the mod.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY

Give this a try. Set the temp to 600F, adjust the watts until you get the vape you want. Then go to a mirror and take a normal puff, take note of the highest "temp" that you see on the screen. Set the "temp" limiter 10F above that number.

Setup this way you only hit the limiter if the wick starts to dry out.

Basically a normal vape with wick protection.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Doing the ceramic coil thing right now. I know I'm gonna die because of them but they were the only TC coils I could find that fit my Starre.

They are weird. TONS of cloudz bro but I can't taste anything at all.

Surprised about that. I've never used one but all the reviews I've seen with ceramic coils rave about it being a cleaner taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread